Nikon D850 - Owners Thread

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
Thought it was about time I contributed a pic to this thread, one of my favourites of our little man on Brownsea this week with the recently acquired 105mm f1.4.

With the arrival of the 28mm f1.4 last week to pair up with the 105, I'm now looking to pluck up the courage and sell the 24-70 VR and go primes only and be different with my photography, just worried that I might regret it when it comes to doing landscapes!

G31_5093.jpg

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
I've just found out that this recent photo of our 14yr old border collie dog (Breia) taken at Ardtoe peninsula has been chosen on 'Explore' via Flickr, just over 32,000 views -- wOOw

'Breia at sunset'

Breia at sunset
by APM Photography, on Flickr

Nikkor 24-120mm -- iso 640 -- @ f4.5 -- 24mm end -- 1/25 sec -- handheld

Last edited:
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just found out that this recent photo of our 14yr old border collie dog (Breia) taken at Ardtoe peninsula has been chosen on 'Explore' via Flickr, just over 27,000 views -- wOOw

'Breia at sunset'

Breia at sunset
by APM Photography, on Flickr

Nikkor 24-120mm -- iso 640 -- @ f4.5 -- 24mm end -- 1/25 sec -- handheld
Congratulations Peter, That is also one of my favourite places in the UK as we used to stay every year in Acharacle (Mingarry Lodges) one day hope to move here !

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
On a recent trip to Whitby, I went looking for Bram Stoker's Bench. The one where he often sat whilst writing his famous novel. The view from the bench allows for a great shot over the harbour area, especially when it's really late at night. This one was "latish" as I didn't really fancy a visit from Dracula himself.

Whitby Harbour Sig
by Mike Swain, on Flickr

Name
Chazz
Edit My Images
Yes
Has there been anymore updates on CFExpress compatibility yet? Ive seen the Firmware updates but there is no mention of it. Nikon Rumors mentioned a while ago it was coming but I've not heard anything more.

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
On a recent trip to Whitby, I went looking for Bram Stoker's Bench. The one where he often sat whilst writing his famous novel. The view from the bench allows for a great shot over the harbour area, especially when it's really late at night. This one was "latish" as I didn't really fancy a visit from Dracula himself.

Whitby Harbour Sig
by Mike Swain, on Flickr
Mike.....one word;

EXQUISITE

Regards;
Peter

Edit My Images
No
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks for the comment Toby, really appreciated.

That Whitby Harbour image was made up from seven shots in portrait mode. For me, the QXD card makes a big difference, when I used a CF card with the D810, my PC really struggled if I tried to combine more than six images.

Edit My Images
No
Thanks for the comment Toby, really appreciated.

That Whitby Harbour image was made up from seven shots in portrait mode. For me, the QXD card makes a big difference, when I used a CF card with the D810, my PC really struggled if I tried to combine more than six images.
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure why the card would make any difference though, what's your workflow? Usually with LR you import the images first and then stitch once imported?

Back to the image itself, I'd go as far to say this is the best image I've seen of Whitby harbour. In fact I'm going to put it in my faves right now (y)

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hardwick Poppy Fields

It's that time of year again, the fields around me are awash with poppies and it would be rude not to go out and photograph them. This one was taken last night in the park that surrounds Hardwick Hall, near Chesterfield in Derbyshire.

Hardwick Poppies II Frame
by Mike Swain, on Flickr

Last edited: