Nikon D850 - Owners Thread

im using the nikon 28-300 on my d850 but im thinking of buying the 70-300 afp fx lens
anyone else tried the lens on the 850 ?

im using the nikon 28-300 on my d850 but im thinking of buying the 70-300 afp fx lens
anyone else tried the lens on the 850 ?
Yes I have it. It's a decent lens, sharp and fast focus. Vignetting is really noticeably though at the longer focal lengths. Easy to fix in post but by far and away the worst lens I've ever owned for vignetting.

Just ordered my D850 and MB-D18 grip. Looking forward to arrival hopefully at the end of the week.

It's on its way, not long to wait.... I hope.
Its coming from Panamoz, has anyone purchased recently from there. Any idea if delivery actually takes place before the notified date on the UPS website. Tracking information from UPS states that its had its export scan and expected delivery is Monday before noon.

Last edited:
It's on its way, not long to wait.... I hope.
Its coming from Panamoz, has anyone purchased recently from there. Any idea if delivery actually takes place before the notified date on the UPS website. Tracking information from UPS states that its had its export scan and expected delivery is Monday before noon.
Usually arrived on the specified date for me.

Bugger, was hoping that as it was at the airport already that it might arrive by the weekend.

I totally love this camera for wildlife close ups. This wild Golden Eagle is basically uncropped except for maybe composition. It was displaying(mantling) due to it having food and there was another bird quite close which may have tried to steal its food. Taken with the D850 and the 600f4 AFS-i love this combo now.

Golden Eagle (Wild) by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Thats just stunning @markyboy.1967 it really is

Thanks mate. I knew from the last time that the D850 and 600f4 was too long for anything other than head and half body shots but i love the details it brings out and when else could i get a chance to get this close so i had to carry the big combo with me and have it sitting waiting. Thanks for the comments.

Great shots from a great place Toby. The inversion/mist adds so much atmosphere to the shots.

Sunrise With Freddie

Just back from a great holiday up and down the East Coast where I was lucky enough to see brilliant sunrises every morning. This one, over Scarborough's North Bay I got to share with the king sized statue of Freddie Gilroy who didn't seem to mind me being there at all.

Freddie Sunrise by Mike Swain, on Flickr

Beautiful Mike, only two weeks ago I was at this same status whilst on a short honeymoon break away, lovely area.
Think I'll be returning to the D8** camp at some stage in the near future, looking at the D800E for value for money.

Beautiful sky/composition in your capture above!

Regards;
Peter
Scotland

Last edited:
Beautiful Mike, only two weeks ago I was at this same status whilst on a short honeymoon break away, lovely area.
Think I'll be returning to the D8** camp at some stage in the near future, looking at the D800E for value for money.

Regards;
Peter
Scotland

I miss my D8xx bodies - D800 was probably the best one I had historically, another 850 quite tempting.

Regards;
Peter
Scotland

Thanks Peter, really appreciated.

For me there is something sort of magical about all the statues Ray Lonsdale creates, not sure if it's the way they're made or the subjects he chooses. Although they're rusty steel structures, they're kind of warm and draw you in. I've watched people with this one and they all seem to go over and touch it as they pass by.

Flamborough Head, the storm clouds are gathering over the lighthouse and cliffs at Flamborough Head in East Yorkshire. A six shot panorama taken while trying to hang onto the tripod in a howling gale.

Flamborough Head Flickr by Mike Swain, on Flickr

Anyone have any experience of the Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 zoom? It seems to get rave reviews over the Nikkor 14-24mm zoom.

Any thoughts/experience/views appreciated.

Cheers;
Peter

Last edited:
High Stacks Pinnacle - Early morning at the High Stacks Pinnacle at Flamborough Head on the East Yorkshire Coast.

Flamborough Stack by Mike Swain, on Flickr

Wild or captive Toby?
Captive at the Barn Owl Centre, went on a photography experience on Friday. Will be posting several more over the next few days (y)

Anyone have any experience of the Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 zoom? It seems to get rave reviews over the Nikkor 14-24mm zoom.

Any thoughts/experience/views appreciated.

Cheers;
Peter

Its an excellent lens, I briefly used one on a D800 and its stellar, especially considering it can be had used for less than £500.
I also used the rebadged version, the Pentax 15-30 f2.8 on a similar spec Pentax K1 (36mp) and again its a stunning ultra wide angle.

Last edited:
Back