Nikon DF

I've been driving past this tree for 5 years and never taken a shot. This year the farmer had very kindly given me this composition with the tractors tyre tracks. Crap lighting and zero detail in the sky but at least i know it works so will have to return with a bit of nice early morning light and some fluffy clouds. I did a long exposure shot (5 minutes) but it didn't really look to dissimilar to this one.

Solemn
by David Raynham, on Flickr

I've been driving past this tree for 5 years and never taken a shot. This year the farmer had very kindly given me this composition with the tractors tyre tracks. Crap lighting and zero detail in the sky but at least i know it works so will have to return with a bit of nice early morning light and some fluffy clouds. I did a long exposure shot (5 minutes) but it didn't really look to dissimilar to this one.

Solemn

That's awesome!

I would`nt mind seeing the colour version of this but its a lovely shot as is.

Solemn
Can't help but think this would be great done like that Italian Landscape guy who does the really vivid yelllow green and blue (yes I know you'd need the colours there to start with :LOL:). Definitely a good one to revisit though, and such a thoughtful farmer you have there (y)

He' s growing quick! Like the puddle shot
Thanks Andrew... So did he :LOL:

Typical photographer. Family members can have any coat they like as long as it's red! Same goes for their brollys :)
Haha, yeah you're right. Yellow is also a winner too ;)

You should of done selective colour on just the coat that would of looked awesome and been a worldie [emoji6]
Yes, what was i thinking? That is definitely what i should have done! :rolleyes:

These are nice, good processing too!
Thanks Tim. LXC ftw!

Those jeans will have to go in the wash!:eek:
And the shoes! :D

Got my hands on a 50mm F1.8g yesterday so it would be rude not to try it out!

An Airy Fairy Flairy Kinda Light

Nice shots David, is that coat really bright red or is it my phone.

Really like the pp on this one and the sun helps, your lucky she don't mind that camera stuffed in her face.

Last edited:
Ahhh, good to see it's not just my kids that are magnetically drawn to puddles whilst wearing unsuitable footwear :D

Took two days to dry them out! :LOL:

Nice shots David, is that coat really bright red or is it my phone.

Yes, really bright but the PP has really made it pop.

Really like the pp on this one and the sun helps, your lucky she don't mind that camera stuffed in her face.

As much as people may not think so, it's not too far from SOOC other than the conversion and a bit of cloning.

Tried a Df at the Photo show today. Quirky but I have GAS now.

Thing is do I sell the X-Pro2 for one or not, big decision to make!
It's a big bugger isn't it? :eek:

Df GAS is the worst. It won't subside until you're caressing it's dials.

I have your files @wibbly I went out especially this evening for you. All 'less than perfect' too ;)

:LOL:

Good man, appreciate that, looking forward to having a play with them :D

Back