Nikon DF

Hey, no need for the pity peeps, it's all good. I do this with most hobbies. :LOL:

The camera is now in the classifieds should one of these beauties be tempting you. They really are the beeez kneeez as @wibbly and @Ruffmeister will attest to.

Wonderland - Explored
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Sunrise from Great Orme

Thor's Cave

As far as the eye can see

The Ivory Tower

A Snowy Blowy Curbar Edge

Peak Light

When you're on your own and start doing all sorts of random sh*t...

It's been emosh... (y)
There's something wrong with your DF, I'd be sending it in before selling it. There's a weird ginger blemish that show up in all the pics ;)

You're one of 2% of the population, but you are definitely you.

I give you 3 months and you'll be back..

Last edited:
it's all good. I do this with most hobbies. [emoji38]
And the wife is very lucky, she's still about [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I would have broke your arm off for your df in a months time , be long gone by then no doubt

My name's Adam and I'm a DF user, is it something like that? I've just purchased one from the classified, saving it from MPB! I've just purchased a 50 and 85 1.8g to start me off, hopefully upgrade the 50 to its Sigma Art counterpart in the future. I haven't used a Nikon since selling my D700 years ago and moving into mirrorless land, I just had that itch for full frame again and the DF is a beauty! I'm going to have a wade through this thread, ignoring the slow autofocus abuse of course ;)
Any set-up tips for me?

Adam

Hope you enjoy it!

Should be with you before 1pm tomorrow.

A few hours to save the silver one from going to MPB tomorrow.

My name's Adam and I'm a DF user, is it something like that? I've just purchased one from the classified, saving it from MPB! I've just purchased a 50 and 85 1.8g to start me off, hopefully upgrade the 50 to its Sigma Art counterpart in the future. I haven't used a Nikon since selling my D700 years ago and moving into mirrorless land, I just had that itch for full frame again and the DF is a beauty! I'm going to have a wade through this thread, ignoring the slow autofocus abuse of course ;)
Any set-up tips for me?

Adam

Nice one! Enjoy... :cool: Give me a shout if you want to know anything re set up. Mine is a bit trial and error, but works OK I think!

Any set-up tips for me?

Adam

Nice one Adam. The DF is great! I wouldn't say I've overly gone into the setup of mine. I reset the settings and checked the lenses for fine tuning. Most of the time I keep it set to it's manual ISO unless doing a shoot for someone and stick to mainly Aperture priority or manual when I need it. The 50mm and 85mm are great starting lenses. I've the 20mm too.

Glad to hear you like yours, seen some nice photos from it on IG :) read a couple of reviews now and seen a few of the quirks so I'll expect those! Just really looking forward to using full frame again! Eyeing up a 20mm 2.8 to join those two lens actually!

I forget you're following me on there haha.

Yeah I really enjoy shooting with it. More so than the 6D I had. Also, the files are lovely to work with too.

So the DF is now in my hands, I have not used a DSLR for years and it feels good to have one back! Spent a good amount of time admiring the camera (sad I know!)
Picked up the 85 1.8g and 50 1.8g (hopefully being replaced with the sigma ART soon) and took some boring shots around the garden to test it out:

AJD_4713.jpg

Will follow up with more photos soon, hopefully go for a wander in the local woods later :)

Also took a snapshot inside at around ISO 11,000, the low light performance is insane!

Adam

I have my " Want " face on at the moment but alas my wallet hasn't :(

One day hopefully :naughty:

So as promised, some actual photos from the camera, taken with a mixture of the 20mm and 85mm, still getting used to the files in Lightroom! One thing I will say about the DF, the dial on the front for changing the Aperture is strange, can I change it to the rear dial? I will read the manual at some point...

36831845913_781e4de4f8_b.jpg

36831823993_958c44d9e9_b.jpg

36831820663_5b24469d7b_b.jpg

36790893754_1cbaed3b7c_b.jpg

Adam

So as promised, some actual photos from the camera, taken with a mixture of the 20mm and 85mm, still getting used to the files in Lightroom! One thing I will say about the DF, the dial on the front for changing the Aperture is strange, can I change it to the rear dial? I will read the manual at some point...

36831845913_781e4de4f8_b.jpg

36831823993_958c44d9e9_b.jpg

36831820663_5b24469d7b_b.jpg

36790893754_1cbaed3b7c_b.jpg

Adam

Nice set of photos. As far as I'm aware you can't change the dials for aperture, but muscle memory kicks in after a while and it soon becomes second nature

Nearly a year and no DF posts? Where is everyone? Ha ha.

I've had just over a year with the DF now and what a year it has been. Yes, it has it's niggles, but I don't see me parting ways with it anytime soon.

Here is a link to my digital gallery. 95% all shot with a DF: http://www.danielian.co/digital
This is just a small slice as the site is a work in progress.

I've been shooting some portraits today with the 85mm, which is just an amazing lens to use. Hopefully a bump to this thread brings up some new users :)

Nearly joined the club but not quite :(

Back