Nikon DF

Nice indeed David.
Not sure that chopping off the top of the head enhances the image?

It's a legit framing option for portraits, and it does get one closer to the subject than otherwise.

It was a conscious decision to frame like that. I've seen a recent video where it was suggested to try and secondly the hair on the top of head was a total mess :D

I really wouldn't have noticed the shadow until it was mentioned - lovely pic and has that Df look I'm beginning to recognise.

It may be something I'm imagining but I've seen many pics from the Df and I could swear that it renders images a bit differently from other Nikons.

I'll be controversial and say, comparing images between people who know what they are doing is difficult to judge, especially when good processing is incorporated. Surely you'd have to compare SOOC files?

Last edited:
Cheers dude, much appreciated. :)

TBH it's not destined for the wall but I do really like it.

Dubs Hut is near Buttermere in the Lake District. We spent a night there last week and that was about the only bit of light we got :LOL:

Did you shoot the mono shot with the shadow placement on purpose? I like it, but I think I'm a bit too 'clean' in my approach, I'd probably have picked something with a softer look. Hard light Imfind interesting so interested to hear your approach.

Is he getting the better of big sis already lol

We were just in the garden messing around and was shooting with the shadows and harsh light. The shadow placement wasn't 'on purpose' but that's what we were doing. I have an absolute pearler (imo obvs...) but the focus is on his nose instead of his eye. :facepalm: Most of the shots were just aimed in his direction and snapped rather than using the VF to compose properly.

Thanks.

Back