Nikon DF

The older 28-105 is a surprisingly nice lens (well, I was surprised anyway) available at a sensible price, and I'd probably look for something in the 18-35 range too.

Nice one, thanks for the suggestion. Just had a Google of the 25-105 and it seems to get a good press from users. Pretty cheap too. Not fussed about a fixed f stop really as I'll have the primes when need be.

I've spotted a couple of Wex Used. Just weighing up what I could let me 6D + Lenses go for to see if the jumps doable. I've the money there from some previous stuff I've recently sold so part of me is thinking; buy now and sell the 6D later :LOL:

Just thinking on what lenses. A 50mm and 85mm are essential. Just wondering about the wider end. 17-40mm and 24-105mm sit in my current zooms for Canon. Although having lugged around with zooms for a bit, if they weren't there - it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I was going to add that I guess much depends on what lenses you have invested with Canon. I lost a lens when I moved over but made up for it now. Reckon a 50 & 85 would be great, how about going the full hog with a 35, or do you need wider?

I was going to add that I guess much depends on what lenses you have invested with Canon. I lost a lens when I moved over but made up for it now. Reckon a 50 & 85 would be great, how about going the full hog with a 35, or do you need wider?

The Canon lenses I've got are good and hopefully shouldn't lose much as I bought them used. They tend to hold a certain price point.

I'm not overly fussed about a 35mm. I have a classic X100 if I need that focal length. A wide lens would be more for landscapes, seascapes etc. I could happily have 50mm and 85mm most of the time :)

I'm glad all 4 of my batteries are unaffected. Couldn't stomach another faff with their aftersales dept.

The Canon lenses I've got are good and hopefully shouldn't lose much as I bought them used. They tend to hold a certain price point.

I'm not overly fussed about a 35mm. I have a classic X100 if I need that focal length. A wide lens would be more for landscapes, seascapes etc. I could happily have 50mm and 85mm most of the time :)

I have the 50mm and 85 1.8's, can't fault them for the price. If you wanted to go wide, wide there's also the 20mm 1.8 which is supposed to be another great option.

Just joined the DF club. Didn't take long! :D

Managed to just do a a few quick test shots indoors with a 50mm 1.4 D, and it's lovely. :) Hopefully will get out with it over the weekend to give it a proper run out.

Looking to keep the setup simple with a 50mm, 85mm and a wide - either 20mm or 24mm.

Feels very nice though. My father has a D700 and that feels like a bit of a tank in comparison.

So... any interest in a Df that's not been getting much use of late? :rolleyes:
I wouldn't mind trying one but I'm completely brassic at the moment (n)

Glad you're liking it mate. It's a stonking bit of kit never mind what the haters say.

I've totally lost all interest in photography tbh. Meh.

Yeah I didn't really find AF an issue. Amazing how many haters there are towards it though.

That's a shame :( Could just be Summer. I often find it hard to get motivated around this time of year but it does pass. Hopefully you'll get the buzz back. You do some awesome photography

True but there is nothing there at all.

FML

That's pretty crappy, David. Sometimes exploring something new like ICM, multiple exposures etc. can kick start things. Obviously you can't force yourself.

You're in Norfolk soon aren't you? May help having a change of scenery. I revisit a lot of the Suffolk part of the coastline and often try to capture scenes differently, just to keep a head in it.

All is not lost. You only need to worry about losing photographic motivation when you start thinking about taking up golf.

I would love this camera

I HATE menus

I. LOVE dials :D

:nikon:

Better keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds around the weekend then :LOL:

That's pretty crappy, David. Sometimes exploring something new like ICM, multiple exposures etc. can kick start things. Obviously you can't force yourself.

You're in Norfolk soon aren't you? May help having a change of scenery. I revisit a lot of the Suffolk part of the coastline and often try to capture scenes differently, just to keep a head in it.

Were there now and the camera is in the boot. Where I packed it on Sunday, untouched.

I normally find that life gives me the mental block where interests are concerned. My other hobby seems to have just waned this last 3 years, my heads gone totally but can't bring myself to sell up, it will return when I find some time.

Everyone must go through it at one time or another. Keep your pecker up mukker, you'll get through it. Enjoy the holiday, if you ain't feeling it so be it.

Lost a bit of the will to take photographs at the moment as well :(

It is a bad time of year with the early sunrises and add to that the poor weather we have had over the last 2 months. Even the wildlife has retreated to the shadows to recover from the spring frolicking :(

Soon be autumn! :)

Better keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds around the weekend then :LOL:

Were there now and the camera is in the boot. Where I packed it on Sunday, untouched.

I've been in that frame of mind a few times in the past :/ Hopefully it passes.

Pop in for a cuppa :p

Glad you're liking it mate. It's a stonking bit of kit never mind what the haters say.

Sorry to hear this! I kind of go through the same feeling every summer when school lets out and I don't have any kids to shoot for two months. :eek: Then September comes around and it's busy as all get out and I wish it would slow down. :D

Sorry to hear this! I kind of go through the same feeling every summer when school lets out and I don't have any kids to shoot for two months. :eek: Then September comes around and it's busy as all get out and I wish it would slow down. :D
to Minnnt
yes its not a nice feeling.what about videography ,do you fancy a go at that with the kids and all?

Last edited:
Hey, no need for the pity peeps, it's all good. I do this with most hobbies. :LOL:

The camera is now in the classifieds should one of these beauties be tempting you. They really are the beeez kneeez as @wibbly and @Ruffmeister will attest to.

Wonderland - Explored
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Sunrise from Great Orme

Thor's Cave

As far as the eye can see

The Ivory Tower

A Snowy Blowy Curbar Edge

Peak Light

When you're on your own and start doing all sorts of random sh*t...

It's been emosh... (y)

Back