Nikon Z* mirrorless

This beautiful lens arrived today, I'll be taking it to Snowdonia this weekend to see how it performs :) I'll post feedback on here if anyone is interested
Will be interested to hear your thoughts and the results. It’s a lens that looks interesting.

My Z6ii is not being recognised by my Adobe Elements 20.
I get a message saying "Make sure you have the latest Camera Raw Update Installed"

For the life of me I can't find how to do this. Adobe's site lists the cameras but gives no link or option to actually Download any Update.
Can anyone help?

I get a message saying "Make sure you have the latest Camera Raw Update Installed"

For the life of me I can't find how to do this. Adobe's site lists the cameras but gives no link or option to actually Download any Update.
Can anyone help?
Hi,
If your talking about the program update will it not be somewhere like here, top left of screen like in my screen shot.
Could be under "Help"
TBH I got no idea about adobe as I don`t use it.
Capture test.JPG

Can anyone help?

I had the same issue with Elements 20, I found this answer (eventually) on the Adobe site, followed the instructions and it worked a treat

I got my Z6ii yesterday and trying to familiarise myself with it.

One thing i'm having trouble with is finding how to see more Data/Info on a shot you are reviewing in camera.

For instance
I just shot a dark corner of my garage in Auto mode and would like to see what ISO the camera used.
It shows some info along the bottom; SEE EXAMPLE BELOW.
But can I customise this to show the ISO for example.
If not, is there another way, In Camera, to see the full data/info?
View attachment 317736

Is there an info button you can press while this is displayed ?

Is there an info button you can press while this is displayed ?
There is an i button but it just opens a box for rating, retouching etc. There is also a ? button that doubles up as a minus magnify button and just makes the image smaller when pressed.

I got my Z6ii yesterday and trying to familiarise myself with it.

One thing i'm having trouble with is finding how to see more Data/Info on a shot you are reviewing in camera.

MENU > PLAYBACK MENU > Playback display options Check / Tick the boxes you want to display either "Shooting Data" shows everything or "Overview" will show the essentials that you mentioned.

When viewing the image you can run through these views using the up or down arrows around the OK button

Last edited:
MENU > PLAYBACK MENU > Playback display options Check / Tick the boxes you want to display either "Shooting Data" shows everything or "Overview" will show the essentials that you mentioned.

When viewing the image you can run through these views using the up or down arrows around the OK button
Great, all sorted. I knew it would be something simple.
Thanks Martyn (y)

Well after looking at some of the online reviews decided to give this a punt as my one lens travel system. The new Nikon 24-200, shown on my Z6 II. No testing yet but I'll give it a try over the upcoming weekend

That was the only lens I bought with my Z6ii. I need one that’s versatile and it got a pretty good write up from Ken R. I think it’s pretty sharp.

I had the same problem. As far as I know even the next version of elements will not support z6ii. I convert the NEF files to DNG files using the raw converter and all is well. But then it means you have 3 versions of any image (if you shoot raw and jpg).

I took a punt and ordered a Z 16-50mm DX for my D7ii from wowcamera for £180, I thought it was cheap enough to try it out as an ultra portable/light setup for city visits and holidays. It turned up yesterday (after 2 days from HK) and it is very small and very light. fits in the think tank digital holster 10 with room to spare if put in sidways.

The reasoning behind it was price, size and weight and also that it would give me a FF equivilent of my favourite focal range of 24-75mm and a 20mp file. I have had a quick try yesterday and its incredibly sharp and an absolute bargain for the cost and i havent got to worry about it getting knocked like I would a £1k lens.

I cant wait to try it out when we go to london next, when we go to my dads caravan in henley

Has anyone got any recommendations for a third party charging adapter to charge the Z6ii battery in camera?

Has anyone got any recommendations for a third party charging adapter to charge the Z6ii battery in camera?

just use a standard usb-c lead from a phone, i run mine off the 5v usb power brick i have for all my devices

I took a punt and ordered a Z 16-50mm DX for my D7ii from wowcamera for £180

more than happy with this f8 iso64 full and 100% crop focus on the mifddle fence

_DSC0648.jpg

_DSC0648-2.jpg

The website seems to resize full jpg's so if anyone wants a copy dm me

Last edited:
A few from my first proper outing with my Sigma 150-600 and z6 at the British Wildlife centre:

DSC_3337e by Chris Willetts, on Flickr

DSC_3382e by Chris Willetts, on Flickr

DSC_3362e by Chris Willetts, on Flickr

DSC_3433e by Chris Willetts, on Flickr
At the risk of sounding like a proper oldie, it’s just astonishing how much cameras have come on. The red squirrel shot was taken at ISO 22,800! It doesn’t feel that long ago since 3200 would he considered ‘pushing it’!

(and yes, I need to look at my ISO settings because there was no need for a 1/2500 shutter speed either)

View attachment 318137
So my Z 24-200mm arrived this afternoon so I just nipped up the road to try it out. I think I’m going to have a lot of fun with this lens.
I’ve heard good reports of the 24-200. As a newbie to the Z6 it’s piqued my interest as a native lens for longer length without costing a kidney.

Look forward to hearing more about your experiences, I have the 24-70 f4, which I’m super impressed with.

I have the 24-70 f4, which I’m super impressed with.

if you liked that lens you will this too Dave, I had both and sold the 24-70 as i felt i wasnt missing anything

Just before Sunrise at Covehithe Beach Nikon Z6ii + 24-70 F4

CXdNhNh.jpg

haqMvzM.jpg

Last edited:
I was over the moon this morning, when making a coffee a Sparrowhawk landed in the garden in the pouring rain

I went upstairs to get my camera not expecting it to hang around, thankfully she did and I managed to get a few shots off in the rain outside.

She looked rather fed up in the rain ! here are a few but more on my flickr stream

Eurasian Sparrowhawk (Female) by Adam Sibbald, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just to say, played around with a Z7ii today and wow. Been using dSLRs since 2001 and currently have a D850 and D5.

Really interesting experience and really like the mirrorless. I have an eye condition which makes seeing in the dark quite hard so the electronic viewfinder actually makes it easier for me to see the focus points.

Think I will probably wait for the Z9 but what an impressive system. It is going to cost me a fortune!

I'm sure this has come up but couldn't find any specifics via the search, has anyone had any success with third party batteries for Z series cameras? I don't need PD so not an issue if it's not a 'C' model.

Genuine EN-EL15c batteries seem to be like rocking horse poo at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has come up but couldn't find any specifics via the search, has anyone had any success with third party batteries for Z series cameras? I don't need PD so not an issue if it's not a 'C' model.

ive got two Duracell batteries that work fine, they are 1600mh instead of 1900mh but havent put them through theyre paces yet but they are cheapish

I read a review where the photographer (a wedding photographer) recommended these -

EN-EL15 EN-EL15A RAVPower 2040mAh... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JLNEL4C?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I’ve bought them but not had the chance to use them yet!

Just picked up a 14-30 off Amazon for £809 thanks to the Nikon summer deals that started today.

Almost bought a used one from LCE for just over that... glad I waited!

Just picked up a 14-30 off Amazon for £809 thanks to the Nikon summer deals that started today.

Almost bought a used one from LCE for just over that... glad I waited!

you can normally haggle down LCE quite a bit on used lenses if you have a better offer elsewhere especially for a new one with full warranty.

Wow they are some great deals, I was about to hire a 24-200mm, would be cheaper to buy it and re-sell it a bit later.

Back