weekly Nod's '23 52 - Week 21 - Near by.

Bet that was hard work, they are smooth inside, but it's been a long time since I wasted money for an easter egg.

Pete

Reactions: Nod
Yummy shot!

Yummy chocolate too! Lindt double chocolate IIRC.
Bet that was hard work, they are smooth inside, but it's been a long time since I wasted money for an easter egg.

Pete

Mrs Nod bought it on Tuesday morning for a fiver - full price was a tenner. It was hard work but someone had to do it!!!

Pete

Just back from Sainsbury's where the eggs are now down to £3.30! Since they sell the Lindor balls for £3 for 8 and there are 7 packed with the egg, it's a relatively (!) cheap way of buying premium chocolate!!! If they've still got some next time we go, some more might just fall into the trolley!!!

I usually have problems with SC as a theme - too many choices! This week though, it was made slightly easier by today being our wedding anniversary and one of our abiding memories is of a small flowering Prunus bush that we were gifted to mark the occasion. It was in flower 16 years ago and has been in flower on the same date every year since, although it was nearly late a couple of years back!

DSCF6579.JPG

This week, I have been mainly wondering about the cabling behind the telly and how to dissuade political nuisances...

DSCF6581.JPGDSCF6585.JPG

I prefer the simplicity of the PDD...

Shocking! :)

Nice for ye theme

Early ideas from me this week. With a half decent forecast, we decided to take MiL out for lunch today and from lunch, on to the beach for an ice cream afters. With unusual foresight, I lobbed the wee X-30 into Mrs Nod's bag in the hope that the Sun just might shine on us. And it did! Grabbed about 60 shots (mostly using super high frame rate and 15 shot bursts to catch "the decisive moment" of a few splooshes. Significant culling and cropping saw me choosing the following 6; 3 wider shots, trying to get a decent leading line from the lower corners and 3 from the splooshy set. Despite the 3 splooshes being from different "waves" (little more than big ripples, truth be known!), all show a similar pattern and the crops are of close to the same spot.
Might add a few more choices later in the week but we're a bit busy.

DSCF6639.JPGDSCF6640.JPGDSCF6641.JPGDSCF6642.JPGDSCF6643.JPG Current favourite! (28/04) DSCF6644.JPG

Last edited:
They pinched the idea from me! :p

Actually, my idea was to wire up an HT lead to an electrode under a bike seat so any would-be thief got energised in parts that other theft deterrent devices cannot reach!!!

They pinched the idea from me! :p

Actually, my idea was to wire up an HT lead to an electrode under a bike seat so any would-be thief got energised in parts that other theft deterrent devices cannot reach!!!
I once wired up a car HT coil to a train-set power supply, I knew that the coil produced the spark when the input voltage was interrupted, but I did not know that the power supply was half rectified, so was interupting the voltage 50 times a second, it sure gave me a jolt or 2.

Oops!!!

Nice abstracty splashy things!

I like the second one, but maybe with a bit wider composition. As Helen says, might convert nicely to mono

Nice one, fits the theme. Might work in mono too.

I like the second one, but maybe with a bit wider composition. As Helen says, might convert nicely to mono

On another drive, I have a similar shot to my chosen one which is pretty much black and white, despite being shot and shown in all its colourful glory - Vik beach in Iceland is black volcanic sand and the sea was so foamy that it was close to pure white! I may have a slight fascination/fetish for frozen (by fast SSs) water.

...A few minutes later! I remembered that I had posted it on the forum so I found it!

Shot well before it could have been used for the theme!!!

034034.jpg

Running out of time so falling back on an idea. Looking forward to here being distant from there - "This time next month, Rodney!"

DSCF6652.JPG

Excellent idea for the theme, looking forward to some holiday snaps!

Excellent idea for the theme, looking forward to some holiday snaps!

Sorry, unlikely to be any posted. The camera I'll be taking can't do in-camera resizing and I don't do much PP unless absolutely necessary!

I like it. a great take on the theme Nod. I would have a map of Mexico in the background...

Even Carbon Fibre can be fragile! NOT snapped in anger - it made an 'orrible cracking sound a couple of years ago (luckily on the last tee!) so I retired it. Deliberately took it the extra little needed to find out how fragile it really was (VERY!) Shame - it was a lovely driver!!!

DSCF6655.JPG

It was a tool so I'm not too sentimental about it! It'll become a trophy rather than get binned!

My 7 iron snapped clean off at the base on the downswing last year, no forewarning with that piec3 if carbon fibre. Fragile indeed

Would never of thought Carbon Fibre was that fragile, makes me think twice about some of the wing joiners I use in model gliders.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, Roger. Drivers do have a fairly hard life! I got the thing second hand and used it a LOT on the driving range as well as when playing. I do also have a habit of using the wrong club - like the driver when it's fairly likely that I'll be hitting the ground... Although the shaft was cracked 1/2 way through, it took a fair amount of pressure to get it to go completely.

Good one Nod, glad you added the commentary otherwise I wouldn't have known what I was looking at.

Slight shoehorn but something in daily use after 60 years (the watch) and a professional tool (the darkroom timer, still in use as a kitchen timer) must be fairly robust!

DSCF6658.JPG

60 year old watch is very robust.
They don’t build them like they used to.

Fragile. I wouldn't have know what it was!
Robust. Two lovely items and nice to see in our throwaway society.

I used to play with dads interval timer as a kid and he would cuff me around the back of the head if he caught me! How times have changed.
Great idea for the theme and well executed.

A couple this (last!) week - one that's been a while coming... Mrs Nod's new 125 is finally near by

DSCF6664.JPG

and a putt that ended up very near by the hole. OK, I'm fibbing! I placed the ball near a hole on the practise green because it's "not done" to take a camera out on the course.

DSCF6667.JPG

My choice is the cricket one...

Back