• Sunday 9th June

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Chester

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same problem here. I think I'm going to make it easy for myself and bring the f100, I've loads of 35mm film and I want to save the 120 for Canada,maybe also a few rolls of black and white through the Minolta just for fun.

It's a world of problems making a decision like that ;0) I guess that's why i've got all bases covered with;

OM10 - Tri-X 400 + Fuji Sensia E6
Fuji GA645 - Combination of Acros 100, Velvia and Provia
Kowa 6 - Same as the GA645

Overkill? Nah, just about right!

Cheers
Steve

Glad your thinking of bringing the Fuji, I'd like to have look at it.

No, it isn't. I haven't got any money to spend so you must keep it until the gods of good fortune smile on me again.....:LOL:

RB67 and the Fuji for me, considering bringing the Canon A-1 too

So at least someone is bringing a Fuji 690? Two pentaxen for me, sorry it's nothing exotic. Maybe the mju II as well...

I'll be taking mine (y)

It is with great regret that I have had to pull out of this. We're off to Amsterdam the day after and I am nowhere near ready. I've also been asked (told) that I am needed to watch my nieces in the morning as well :(

Sorry chaps. Was really looking forward to it as well. I'll be at the next one. I hope you all have a boss time!

Sorry to hear this Nick, will catch you next time.

Andy

Unfortunately for you lot I'm still coming :p

So at least someone is bringing a Fuji 690? Two pentaxen for me, sorry it's nothing exotic. Maybe the mju II as well...

Nothing wrong with a Mjuii Chris. I've had a couple and they've always been my most consistent film cameras. I quite fancy picking up another one at some point because they're so small compared to their performance.

Cheers
Steve

Eaten breakfast, packed bag, sun shining. Perfect.

On the train speeding through the English countryside, sunshine starting to break through coffee and blueberry muffin for breakfast and too many cameras as usual :bonk:

Rather than separating them can't you just tether them together and throw them in a sound proof room? Last one standing wins :D

Good to meet you, guys; got lucky with the trains and have made it home. Sadly I find I'm all out of chemicals for my (non-existant!) home dev, so it'll be a week or so before I can post anything. Hope y'all got home safely...

Hi folks, just a quick thanks to all who made it and sad face for all those that missed out on the unbelievably exciting day we had.

Who would have thought that all the pubs in Chester were giving beer away free to film photographers and then when all those animals escaped from the zoo and ran down the high street, what luck that we were in just the right place to record the stampede.

You see what fun we have on these meets... better not miss out next time.

Chris, Nick, Rob, Wilson and Steve thanks for a great day, great to see you all and looking forward to seeing those shots and doing it again.

Cheers

Andy

As above really guys. It was good to put faces to forum names. Really enjoyed the walk round Chester and now need to dev several rolls of Acros and some Provia!

I'll get some shots up (assuming they're actually any good) as soon as they're done.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
So what did we see, camera-wise? Fuji 690 and 645, the RB67, a Kowa 6, a Xpan, a Rolleicord, two Pentaxes, two huge Nikons, a Voigtlander something, an Oly OM-10, and a couple of p&s (mju II and something I've completely forgotten that Andy was dangling from his little finger). What have I missed?

I don't think we saw anyone else with a film camera; the most memorable other tog was a lady from South Africa (I think) with a D4 who'd apparently brought her mother to hold her spare lenses!

You don't want to believe everything Andy says though. It was lager they were giving away, not beer... so sensible folk still had to pay.:p

OK, so I couldn't wait to develop some film :)

Found out I had less R09 left than I thought so I've ended up using 1+100 (ish) and 18 minutes develop time but the negatives have held up well. I've done a roll of Acros 100 from each of the Fuji 645 and Kowa6 and looks like I might get some keepers ;)

Excuse the Iphone shot, I'm going to be fast asleep before they're ready to scan..

Looks like I hadn't rolled the film on enough at the start with the Kowa so I've clipped this shot but it might work out ok still

I'd forgotten about the data printing on the Fuji 645 so it was a pleasant surprise to see the date/aperture/shutter speed across the bottom of each shot

Good day all round I think. I just need to order some more R09 now so I can develop the other rolls.

Cheers
Steve

Bloody hell Steve, that's quick. I've only just got in and you've already dev'd film and got them hanging up and drying.

Yeah, I was a bit bored Nick ;0) My wife's still out so once I got the kids to bed I just jumped on a couple of rolls. Shattered now though so i'll scan them in tomorrow.

So what did we see, camera-wise? Fuji 690 and 645, the RB67, a Kowa 6, a Xpan, a Rolleicord, two Pentaxes, two huge Nikons, a Voigtlander something, an Oly OM-10, and a couple of p&s (mju II and something I've completely forgotten that Andy was dangling from his little finger). What have I missed?

Just remembered that Wilson also had his lovely Konica Hexar AF and Andy's compact was a Minolta Hi-Matic AF :0)

Steve

It was a great day, good to see the usual suspects and some new faces too. I don't think I took that many shots this time and still have a couple films to finish off.

Looking forward to seeing everybody's results, I have a whole load of stuff to send off, I'm going to give Peak a chance to outperform The Darkroom.

My 3 rolls are in the box and will be on the way to Peak tomorrow, hopefully back on Wednesday and posted that evening.

Correct, I'm all of a either. Where's yours then?

I got some Pre-scanned iPhone versions up last night and I'll try to get the proper scans up later, although I probably won't manage it because I'm being forced to sit out in the sun all day ;0)

Into the darkroom with you....��

Ok, that's the first 2 negatives scanned, cropped and 'tickled' ;0)

Full set of shots are in my Flickr stream HERE

These are some of my favourites;

1) Not quite the classic tourist shot of the clock - Fuji GA645

2) Grosvenor Bridge - Kowa 6

3) Smile! - Kowa 6

4) "Up above the streets and houses.." - Kowa 6

5) Inside the Cathedral - Fuji GA645

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Excellent stuff Steve. I had a look at the full set and you have some really good shots, the Kowa seems to be a very tasty bit of kit, pin sharp.

Andy

Thanks Andy, much appreciated.

The 645 has the simplicity and speed of AF/metering which is good for fast shooting but yes, the Kowa does deliver excellent detail.

Cheers
Steve

Very nice Steve, really liking those big square Kowa shots.

Back