• Chester

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, this has been discussed a bit in another thread but it probably needs to have a thread of its own.

Who fancies a North West meet then, there does appear to be quite a few of us in the area and if we can tempt some of the southern-softies oop North then that would be good as well.

First things first though, where and when? I think maybe the first weekend in June would be good...any thoughts?

How about Chester or Liverpool, both have plenty of photogenic places to visit and are pretty easy to get to. Other suggestions?

Let me know your thoughts (if you have any :D) and we'll try and get it organised.

Cheers

Andy

OK, the list so far :-

Definite (probably)

Andysnap (Andy)
Robhooley167 (Rob)
Norters (Nick)
Stevelmx5 (Steve)
Raglan Surf (Nick)
ChrisR (Chris)

To be confirmed

Raathistle (Chris)
Wontolla (Baz)
ChrisH (Chris)
Woodsy (Jonathan) + Better Half?
Strappy (Dean)
Menthel (Jim)
Onform (Matt) (If he can get out of bed.....:D)
Redddraggon (James)
Wilko58

So, anymore for anymore, the more the merrier and all that stuff. (y)

Last edited:
I should be off work that weekend hopefully. My girlfriend and I will be going away on the Monday so I'd be we'll up for this. Chester or Liverpool are both good. Liverpool is loads better like but hey, Chester is pretty :)

I have my final uni exam on the 4th of June so I'm free from any day after that really

Is this meet for classic camera users, as in film as opposed to digital. Or any camera users?

Just to stick my two southern softie penneth into the pot. If it's 1st & 2nd then I doubt I'll be able to make it and I have a preference for Chester over Liverpool simply for the reason that I've been to Liverpool quite a few times over the years but I've never been to Chester.

Last edited:
OK, I've added a poll so you can choose your preferred date and location.

Jonbeeza, the meet is for anybody so long as you don't mind being sniggered at by some musty smelling, conventional types who really should know better. :LOL:

I'll start a thread in the Meeting Place thread as well so we don't get accused of being elitist (or whatever the opposite of elitist is).

Andy

Jonbeeza, the meet is for anybody so long as you don't mind being sniggered at by some musty smelling, conventional types who really should know better. :LOL:

LOL I will keep an eye on this thread, and see where the location and date is set :)

Anymore votes?

Its looking like Saturday the 8th in Chester at the moment.

Andy

Anymore votes?

Its looking like Saturday the 8th in Chester at the moment.

Andy

When are you going to close this Andy? I'd like to book my train tickets as early as possible as I'm a cheapskate :D

Never having been to Chester, what's it like? It looks like I'm going to be trying to offload everything apart from my LF gear in the not too distant future so if I come I'm probably not going to be doing too much street portraiture or the like.

Any date would be fine for me, nothing planned so far in June and thankfully got taken off having to work weekends the other day as well :)

I'm hopefull I can join you Andy, 8th June, Chester for me.
Nothing in the diary at the moment!

I could do Saturday 8th and would prefer Chester.

Plenty to look at and a great walk round the walls. There's a park behind the cathedral that's great if your a squirrel lover like me too.

Never having been to Chester, what's it like? It looks like I'm going to be trying to offload everything apart from my LF gear in the not too distant future so if I come I'm probably not going to be doing too much street portraiture or the like.

Any date would be fine for me, nothing planned so far in June and thankfully got taken off having to work weekends the other day as well :)

Have a look HERE Some good info and pics to give you a good idea.
Been several times, but never with photography as a main reason!

Potentially keen for this. If so, might Rob-theawesome-Hooley be able to put Nikki and I up for a night or so? Some whisky drinking would also be in order!

I shall leave this open until Monday night but It's looking like the 8th of June in Chester. If anyone is coming by train let me know and I'll arrange to meet you at Crewe (if your coming that way) and we can travel to Chester together, awww how sweet.

Plenty of good photo ops in Chester, Roman walls/amphitheatre, river, bridges, tudor stuff and most importantly many fine drining establishments and hooch bars.

Andy

and most importantly many fine drining establishments and hooch bars.

Andy

Mmm, let me think, have you misspelt dining or drinking?

Mmm, let me think, have you misspelt dining or drinking?

This is a new word I have invented to cover establishments that serve both beer and food. Crazy, modern idea but I think it may catch on. :D

Potentially keen for this. If so, might Rob-theawesome-Hooley be able to put Nikki and I up for a night or so? Some whisky drinking would also be in order!

I can't imagine that would be a problem, might even be a nice bottle of Macallan waiting by that time of year... (y)

I voted for Saturday 8th June but not for a location as I don't mind where we go. :)

I can't imagine that would be a problem, might even be a nice bottle of Macallan waiting by that time of year... (y)

A Macallan eh! Can I stop as well.....(y)

Nice one Dean you are the Martini photographer, 'anytime, any place, anywhere' :LOL:

Andy

Snap :0). I live in the middle between both locations so it's easy for either although I've never actually shot in Chester so it would be a first for me.

Cheers
Steve

Cool Steve, I've never really shot in Chester either so it should be fun.

Andy

Might be able to make it. The wife is in Paris for a conference but if I can get a babysitter for Friday/Saturday then all would be well.

I just need to decide which kit to take now! I've just sold my OM kit because I haven't been shooting much 35mm recently. I've also borrowed some gear off a guy I work with so currently have;

Leica M2 with Leitz 3.5cm and Leica 90mm
Kowa Six 6x6
Mamiya 645 Pro TL

He's also got a Mamiya C330 which I'm tempted to borrow for the day. Decisions, decisions!

I'm looking forward to the day now :0)

Cheers
Steve

Might be able to make it. The wife is in Paris for a conference but if I can get a babysitter for Friday/Saturday then all would be well.

It would be great if you could make it Jim, I promise to make sure all those rough, northern types are nice to you. (y)

Andy

I just need to decide which kit to take now! I've just sold my OM kit because I haven't been shooting much 35mm recently. I've also borrowed some gear off a guy I work with so currently have;

Leica M2 with Leitz 3.5cm and Leica 90mm
Kowa Six 6x6
Mamiya 645 Pro TL

He's also got a Mamiya C330 which I'm tempted to borrow for the day. Decisions, decisions!

I'm looking forward to the day now :0)

Cheers
Steve

Yep, my dilemma as well :thinking:

It would be great if you could make it Jim, I promise to make sure all those rough, northern types are nice to you. (y)

Andy

My previous trips to the north (anything north of the Thames for me!) have always shown the natives to be friendly, although perhaps rather simple. ;)

oooh, I might be able to make this too. Anybody know of any cheap accommodation?

OK, looks like its decided then, Saturday the 8th June in Chester.

May I humbly suggest we meet at 10.30 ish by the Roman amphitheatre as its easy to get to and has a bit more room than the city centre.
If anyone wants to meet me at Crewe, I will be catching the 09.49 which gets to Chester at 10.12 and its about a 10-15 minute walk to the amphitheatre from the station.

If anyone wants to come up on the friday and stop in Crewe (its a dump but its home) I can let you have the names/addresses of some local hotels and I could be persuaded to pop out for a quick shandy on friday evening.

Lastly, if you could pop your names in this thread if you think you can make it, just to give an idea of numbers, that would be great.(y)

Cheers

Andy

oooh, I might be able to make this too. Anybody know of any cheap accommodation?

Hi Matt, I haven't got anything specific but Chester is littered with hotels (lots of Premier Inn types) and I'm sure there would be something to fit all budgets.

Cheers

Andy

If anyone from Chester does know of anywhere that might suit could you let Matt know please.

Looks like I'll be on the 9.49 from Crewe, Anytime return from Manchester Picadilly for £11 will do nicely (y)

I might fancy this, the rugby season will be over then so I'll have free Saturday's with nothing to do (but write my thesis).

Count me in.

With any luck, me too!

Will try and make it if I'm not working - about time I took some images for myself!

Back