• Sunday 9th June

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Chester

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing brilliant from my side, but maybe interesting to compare viewpoints. Xpan with expired Reala 100.

tp1.jpg

tp3.jpg

tp4.jpg

tp5.jpg

tp6.jpg

Nice stuff Steve, rather drawn to 4 for some reason.

Thanks Wilson, I liked the mix of random buildings on that shot.

I'm really liking your Xpan shots, that's seriously wide! I think I prefer the 3rd and 4th shots but the overall muted colours of the Reala are very
nice, might have to get some myself.

Cheers
Steve

Oh I like those Wilson, lovely and wide. I agree with Steve about the colour as well, subtle but nice.

Some interesting stuff so far

I was getting all excited when I saw 'The North'. Perth, Inverness...

I thought something similiar as its 160 mile drive for me south too and I am in England :LOL:
I was at work on Night shift as well though.

Well, I've got back a roll of Precisa that I've scanned, and which I'm pretty happy with. I've also got two rolls of Tmax100 that appear to be woefully under-exposed (thin, almost blank negatives, right?). The exception was one shot that I took twice (I kinda remember not checking the exposure the first time, so taking it again), second time under-exposed like the rest. I don't know why, but the previous film in that camera was Tri-X, so it's possible I didn't change the ISO from 400 to 100 prior to loading the first film. I'm not convinced though, as the current film is Tmax400, and I'm sure I would have noticed not having to change the ISO. So, Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!

Scanning in the two Tmax100 films, to see if there's anything usable; the Precisa was scanned yesterday. Meanwhile I'm waiting on the Portra film sent 1st class to Photo Express last Wednesday; the first time they have been annoyingly slow!

Thanks Nick. I like the shots from the Kowa as well but my natural laziness is drawn to the 645 :0)

I'm kicking myself at this point for not spending more effort on fondling your 645 (was it the Fuji GA645Zi?). I was put off by the idea of a portrait format, but I've been reading up on them and I'm getting quite interested! Trouble is, ergonomics are such an issue for me, I don't want to buy without trying. So, kick kick, Ow!

Hi Chris. It was the GA645 (fixed 60mm, F4 maximum aperture) and personally I found the handling really intuitive. The camera is basically a slightly large point and shoot which was surprisingly light. I sold mine just after the North West meet to fund the next gadget (a habit I have with camera gear!) but have actually regretted it since so I find myself looking at them again in ebay...must resist!

Cheers
Steve

Back