• Sunday 9th June

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Chester

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone else up for some fun in the....well probably drizzle actually?

Put my holiday form in at work today. Probably jetting off on the Sunday so this should be a good warm up for me :) Looking forward to it.

Just to add that I'll be bringing oodles of Vista and all that want a roll are more than welcome. I need to make some space in my film cubby!

All sorted, I shall be in Chester just before 10 with a selection of cameras :LOL:

Looking forward to this. Holidays booked for the day after as well!

Sadly due to awkward rotas I can't make that weekend. Hope you all have a gret time. Chester is a superb city for photography. If your tuck for ideas just walk round the walls, loads to see.

Tickets booked. Will be arriving at Crewe at 9.27 for the 9.49 to Chester (y)

Excellent, I shall wear a red rose in my lapel so you can recognise me.

I'll try and get there, but I'll be under new management as of 6 days prior so I have no idea what the work situation will be! Will let you know nearer the time (y)

Cool, hope you can make it.

Andy

Just a little bump as a reminder and a chance for anyone who missed it first time round to join in the fun.

Andy

Keep meaning to attend one of these meets. Put me down for this if it isn't too late. Haven't really been shooting in the past half year maybe it can kickstart me.

Good man Wilson. Get out the camera and join the fun.

Andy

Don't forget a week on Saturday, fun with film in Chester.(y)

Sorry, it's unlikely that I'll be along as I've got to repair a motorbike for a charity run later in June and I'm not sure if I'll have it all done. I'll confirm nearer the time but for now, best to count me out.

Have fun, chaps.

Repair a motorbike.....what kind of crazy talk is that. Do you not have a little man to fix things?

I was getting all excited when I saw 'The North'. Perth, Inverness...

There should be some Youth Hostels in the area for those on a budget:
Cheaper Accommodation = More Drinking Coupons

Sorry chaps, wont be able to make this one. Was up in the air for a while but it's transpired that I cannie make it :( Hope you have a cracking meet!

Repair a motorbike.....what kind of crazy talk is that. Do you not have a little man to fix things?

:LOL:

The charity run is to get from John o'Groats to Land's End in 24 hours on bikes that cost less than £300, which for bikes usually means someone else's unfinished project or a box of bits. I struck lucky, getting a 1986 BMW K100RS for exactly £300 but it needs work so I have to do it myself to stay close to the budget.

I "only" need to strip everything off the back end up to the gearbox so I can check the oil seals to find out why it's practically urinating oil directly in front of the rear wheel and hopefully sort out why it won't select gears above second. :bonk:

The run's in aid of Cancer Research, more details on the official web site and you can sponsor me through JustGiving, if you're feeling generous. ;)

'Course, it'll need a shake-down run once the work's complete so if I can get an MOT and tax in time, I might make it up to the meet on the bike but as it's currently in bits across the garage, I'm not counting on it.

:LOL:

I "only" need to strip everything off the back end up to the gearbox so I can check the oil seals to find out why it's practically urinating oil directly in front of the rear wheel and hopefully sort out why it won't select gears above second. :bonk:

10 days for a minor back end rebuild should be no problem for a man of your abilities. There's no pressure but you don't want to be labelled as some sort of shandy drinking southern softie do you?

10 days for a minor back end rebuild should be no problem for a man of your abilities.

Thanks, I wish I had your confidence! I've never removed a gearbox before, though the BMW has a separate unit so it'll be easier than doing it on a more modern bike. I've also got a job, an hour-and-a-half commute, am away this weekend and I'm doing the work in a garage with no power.

Is that enough excuses or would you like me to find some more? ;)

Thanks, I wish I had your confidence! I've never removed a gearbox before, though the BMW has a separate unit so it'll be easier than doing it on a more modern bike. I've also got a job, an hour-and-a-half commute, am away this weekend and I'm doing the work in a garage with no power.

Is that enough excuses or would you like me to find some more? ;)

I don't want excuses I want solutions :LOL:

Dean if you can make it it will be great to see you if you can't then , well, you will be labelled a shandy drinking southern softie. Your call big man.....:D

Oh and I will sponsor you later.

Thanks, Andy, that's great :D

And as I'm originally from Norfolk, I think being labelled a southern shandy drinker is preferable to some of the alternatives ;)

Really wish I could attend, but it's my mother in law's 80th birthday that day and we're having a large family party.....can't afford to lose any brownie points by not attending.

Weather's looking nice. So do I need to pass some contact details for the day, or it will be immediately obvious when I see a fellow TP'er?

Oh I think you will recognise fellow film-wasters Wilson. We'll be milling around carrying large amounts of kit and looking like we need a drink/therapy/helping hand/putting in a home.:D

Sorry Andy, cant make it. I'm on hospital duty (sister-in-law).
Im at Oulton park on Sunday, so Sat it has to be!
Gutted.
Baz.

That's a shame Baz, maybe next time. (y)

I'm hoping to come, planning to be in Crewe in time for the 9:49. Unless the big veto gets wielded, of course! Can I get a contact number in case on of the 3 trains is dodgy?

Sorry chaps, I'm not going to make it. I was defeated by a swingarm pivot bolt that means the bike still isn't ready so I have to get it done this weekend as the ride is on the 21st and t'missus has told me to keep next weekend free as we're doing "something" for my birthday.

:(

OK mate, we'll miss you.....(y) See you next time.

It's the first time I've seen a statement like this
... t'missus has told me to keep next weekend free as we're doing "something" for my birthday.

Followed by this..

Obviously 'doing something' in your house isn't as much fun as it should be :shrug:

I've just loaded up my camera bag for tomorrow although strangely I seem to have a heavier bag than when my digital kit is loaded up for a wedding shoot!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Cheers
Steve

I've just loaded up my camera bag for tomorrow although strangely I seem to have a heavier bag than when my digital kit is loaded up for a wedding shoot!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Cheers
Steve

I wish I could decide what to bring, should I travel light or bring more cameras than I know what to do with like I normally do?

Back