Northampton Meet 12th September.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of quick edits from the meet at Stoke Bruerne today.

Yanks_edited-1.jpg

Monty!.jpg

Last edited:
Good start Dave.. I was impressed at how into it these guys go with dressing up. Loved it

Yes they do really go for it, even some of the visitors dressed for the occasion, should have worn a suit and a trilby.I got a pretty good one of the guy doing Churchill.

WIL_9380.JPG

Yes you did, I think I got a reasonable one of him later in the day..
As for the trilby.. Hell yeah you should have, to be honest after chatting to a guy shooting film there, who was dressed up, I actually think I'd love to do it, they have such class :)

A couple of quick edits from the meet at Stoke Bruerne today.
That Ferret doesn't look very comfortable in the first one, draped over the lady's shoulder like that,
I used to carry mine in my pocket, far more friendly (y)

:D

Sorry, forgot to add, nice set particularly "Churchill" (y)

So guess who was the dozy one and shot half of the day on jpeg not raw! canon software now only lets me alter the very basics of basic... (insert hissy fit) :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyway first one from me, couldn't resist this little chap in his matching coat :D

Stoke Bruerne TP meet 12/09/15 by T., on Flickr

Anyway first one from me, couldn't resist this little chap in his matching coat :D
Don't tell lies it was the boots that attracted you :D
Lovely clear image though T (y)

Don't tell lies it was the boots that attracted you :D
Lovely clear image though T (y)

Funnily enough you are not wrong, i actually love his boots and really want some :D

Thank you

That is a lovely edit @Cg_Girl
Very clear and even exposure (y)
I am working on a difficult one :( and not doing very well with it, especially as trying to learn gimp at the same time (The Blacksmith).

That is a lovely edit @Cg_Girl
Very clear and even exposure (y)
I am working on a difficult one :( and not doing very well with it, especially as trying to learn gimp at the same time (The Blacksmith).

I don't think I'd even look at gimp knowing how hard it is to master, I'm just going through ones I can just do the basics with until I get some software..
Did I hear correctly that you got sparks in there?
Oh and thank you muchly :)

I have done a quick edit, just need to find out how to download to here :)

I only understand the flickr way.. you need to get it, so much easier... @Cobra i'm sure will help with other ways :D
This will tell you all you need to now about using the TP gallery,
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...o-and-insert-an-image-from-your-tp-gallery.8/

Should you decide to go the flickr route ( its also free)
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/inserting-images-from-flickr-updated-22-08-15.7/

Failing that, save them to folder on your PC and click upload a file button, to attach then directly to the the post.
But be mindful of the file sizes otherwise you will get an error message. Or just a failure to up load.

No, I have my own special supply

Thats wierd if you are using the web, they should do

They should yes but I click on one, it goes in place for 1 second then disappears then on my phone where it comes up with auto crappy suggestions and smiles it converts to obj in a square box... Super weird!

They should yes but I click on one, it goes in place for 1 second then disappears then on my phone where it comes up with auto crappy suggestions and smiles it converts to obj in a square box... Super weird!
No idea, you could always try a thread in forum help?

Ok, here goes. Hopefully this will work.
This was the best of the bunch, where his face was best in focus, his arm still showed motion blur, and the sparks were captured :)
Not brilliant but the best I could do.

dpp_0017_2_.png

No idea, you could always try a thread in forum help?

Yeah i'll pop one up tomorrow, i keep meaning too.

Ok, here goes. Hopefully this will work.
This was the best of the bunch, where his face was best in focus, his arm still showed motion blur, and the sparks were captured :)
Not brilliant but the best I could do.

View attachment 46295

Awww now that is pretty cool.. those sparks are amazing, i wish i'd stayed in to see them

Thanks guys and gals :)
This Gimp thing isn't as user friendly as PS, but it does do a lot that PS does (plus it's free), so you can't argue with that :) Its just a bit of a learning curve. I find some of it a bit strange.

Another quickie. Its all coming back to me now :)
Tidied up the rubbish on the grass, and removed his silly pink arm band :) (far right arm) No sharpening needed, which I am pleased about

DPP_0029.png

Last edited:
I think I need to sign up to flickr @Cg_Girl
Did you do any edits of the spit done, as I think a few missed out on that one.
I love the sound of a spitfire :)

I think I need to sign up to flickr @Cg_Girl
Did you do any edits of the spit done, as I think a few missed out on that one.
I love the sound of a spitfire :)

Flickr is much much easier to use and quick to sign up..
I've not edited any of the planes yet but I doubt I'll post as they won't be good, not decent enough lens nor software to bring detail up :)

Flickr is much much easier to use and quick to sign up..
I've not edited any of the planes yet but I doubt I'll post as they won't be good, not decent enough lens nor software to bring detail up :)

Same here :(
I am seriously considering splashing out on a good telephoto L lens though. I can't really afford it, but you only live once :D (Disclaimer: As far as I know :D)

One of the guy doing Monty inspecting the troops.do you think the BW conversion works.

Monty 2.jpg

One of the guy doing Monty inspecting the troops.do you think the BW conversion works.
Nice image David, but I think that it needs to be a little more contrasty to work as a B&W.

A bit late to the thread as I was up at 04:30 this morning helping Brian of Bozeat with his ballooning. Nice to put faces to names yesterday and we will put something together for a future meet.

I cant even post a damn photo,don't know what's going on, grrrrrrrr

A bit late to the thread as I was up at 04:30 this morning helping Brian of Bozeat with his ballooning. Nice to put faces to names yesterday and we will put something together for a future meet.

Good meeting you to Brian and we should arrange another, it was a good day with a great group :D

Back