Northampton Meet 12th September.

Nice one Dave (y) I missed those. Apparently, quite a lot of money was raised, and they ran out of those silly pink bands, and had to print more :D

Wow some cracking pictures here, Trace you did well despite all you excuses :p
Love all the blacksmith ones (y)
I almost booked a room up there and joined you, wish I had now :(

Don't you blooming start, it's bad enough with Chris and you know what he's like:D.. me and my excuses say thank you though, you should have come, it was a really good day and i can't wait to find another 1940's style event on.

I did it in B&W as the subject matter "generally" works well that way. Having said that, I'm a B&W fan but don't do it anywhere near as much as I should.

I'm with you there, i'm a sucker for B&W too

Don't you blooming start, it's bad enough with Chris and you know what he's like:D
Erm, not sure quite how I got dragged into that ? :p

Any fraction of a chance of abuse i'll throw it your way you know that :p

Excuse me that's my role :p and I missed on the 3rd ban by Monday :(

you should have come, it was a really good day and i can't wait to find another 1940's style event on.

I was going to do a last minute thing on Friday, perhaps next time

Hahaha!!:D

No harm in throwing ideas around, it's only us lot:p

Excuse me that's my role :p
Ok Ok don't fight there is plenty to go around for everyone ...
... yes, yes I know ... who will get in there first? ....

Shame of it is they have a massive fly past of Spitfires and Hurricanes from Goodwood tomorrow and I only found out today
That will be an amazing sight

Shame of it is they have a massive fly past of Spitfires and Hurricanes from Goodwood tomorrow and I only found out today
That will be an amazing sight

Yes it will be, i don't have the lens to shoot planes though i'd quite like too, still be great just to watch though

Nice one to watch from a distance, the event itself is very crowded, car parking is terrible, and unless you get there really early the queues to get into the car park are long.

That's a shame, sounded good, that's the thing with some events isn't it

Be nice to see them Brian, bit of luck that I got it right on the Spit shots, been trying different settings to see what worked best.

and I'm not used to things moving, give me a static field or a mountain any day but here you are.

A village at war by Brian Lewicki, on Flickr​

Last edited:
Good shot Brian, as you said shame about the props, good detail underneath, I think that you could blur the props in Photoshop, I'm sure there was a tutorial somewhere about how to do it.

We also saw the Vulcan fly over, but only from the car park. The Spitfire, Dakota, 'and' the Vulcan......bit of a treat :)

Really sorry I missed that,but time tides and shopping waits for no man.:sulk:

You are right Dave, we tried to go to Sywell a few years ago, but it was chaos so we turned back.
I have lived here for 15 years now, so it would be a shame never to go. I fancy Duxford too at some point. :)

I think the only way to go to Sywell events is to stay over at the Aviator hotel, your on site then.:D:D

And you can get a decent view of the flying from the balcony.

This one is for the dad. I said I would edit it, and put it online here, and he was happy with that :)
I would really like to add it on flickr though

FLICKR14.JPG .

Last edited:
2 great ones kev... not sure what you mean about flickr?

2 great ones kev... not sure what you mean about flickr?

Dad was ok for it to go online, but seemed to show some caution. He asked me what site, so I said this one, and he made a mental note, and said that it was ok. I wouldn't really want to post it elsewhere without his knowledge. It may sound silly to some, but thats just me :)
My flickr page will be up and running soon CG :)

Just clone out the background in No.2 and put in a pub or a garden, beyound my PS capabilities though.

Back