Northampton Meet 12th September.

I quite like it @dizidav , but cobra may be right, not sure. You will have to fiddle with it :) It's so difficult isn't it, as many different styles can be creative and look good

Nice work @metroman , I particularly like the Blacksmith one :) .

Nice set Brian.
I particularly like the 2nd Monty image (y)

Ok, here goes. Hopefully this will work.
This was the best of the bunch, where his face was best in focus, his arm still showed motion blur, and the sparks were captured :)
Not brilliant but the best I could do.

View attachment 46295
Who got sparks then, I never thought to stick around when that was going on.

Last edited:
Who got sparks then, I never thought to stick around when that was going on.

But it took a lot of attempts to get something reasonable. Still not totally happy with it, but it was my first shoot in years (I am well rusty :( ) . I made a lot of mistakes yesterday. I didn't get 'any' outstanding images.

it's the pink wrist band that sets it apart from everything else, great fun.

Couldn't do much with this one as it was a stupid jpeg so canon software shuts most sections down
Stop bemoaning Jpeg raw is not the be all and end all photography :p
That second one is cracker (y)

it's the pink wrist band that sets it apart from everything else, great fun.

To be fair i'm glad its all been posted in the pleasure section, it was more just getting out for a change and having a fun day... ( of course i am happy for suggestions and help!) :D

Stop bemoaning Jpeg raw is not the be all and end all photography :p
That second one is cracker (y)

No you misunderstand me chris.. if i had LR or elements etc i could still do stuff to it and the fact it's jpeg wouldnt make much difference, i don't do loads to images anyway... but i dont have software so trying to use the basic canon stuff is literally just contrast/sharpness/brightness thats it

@metroman i'm keeping the 'proper lady' title.. it's not often i'm called that hehe:D thank you

@Northantsgeezer really like the sepia one... i tend to not use it that often if at all but tones are really nice on that

No you misunderstand me chris.. if i had LR or elements etc i could still do stuff to it and the fact it's jpeg wouldnt make much difference, i don't do loads to images anyway... but i dont have software so trying to use the basic canon stuff is literally just contrast/sharpness/brightness thats it
Ah Ok I get you now :)

My normal workflow is drop the highlights, raise the clarity a bit then sharpen and that's at 30%. I did increase the black a bit to enhance his clothing.

Always nice punchy images. Mine are always very contrasty, but thats my style of editing. I would like to brighten mine up a bit more now that I am doing more outdoor stuff though.

I think we can all pat ourselves on the back, there's a lot of folk that would like to take a photo half as good as we have achieved so well done to you all.

I think we can all pat ourselves on the back, there's a lot of folk that would like to take a photo half as good as we have achieved so well done to you all.

You are so right.. not only did we have an ace day we have a pretty good selection of images to boot.. go us!:banana:

Working on them, will put some up today.

Really like that in black and white Brian and love the PP, works well (y)

I think that one is your shot of the day Brian :) Nothing wrong with the b+w, but personally I like the colour one best :)

I did it in B&W as the subject matter "generally" works well that way. Having said that, I'm a B&W fan but don't do it anywhere near as much as I should.

Wow some cracking pictures here, Trace you did well despite all you excuses :p
Love all the blacksmith ones (y)
I almost booked a room up there and joined you, wish I had now :(

Back