Norwich Christmas Meet.......

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
A few from today (you may notice a lack of any from the Christmas Stalls /
Victorian market in the Cathedral......and that's because it was woeful..........

Here's a few from the day - nothing special - was all about meeting up with the locals, and the internationals from Suffolk, Essex and Surrey, to partake in a festive ale.

"Charlie Chaplin chats to the constabulary" (Is it me or are coppers getting younger?)

plodandcharlie800.jpg

"Random old guy in Norwich"

guyinnorwich800.jpg

"Don Tappilappi, spots a canon lens he doesn't own."

timcamerashop.jpg

"Quayside in Norwich"

norwichriver.jpg

"Pulls ferry at night"

pullsferry.jpg

Couldn't be faffed with a tripod. HH ISO1600 f5.6 and 1/5th second.

"Devilnev trying to look professional"

nev800.jpg

Feel free to add pics to this thread / comment etc...

Last edited:
nothing special, just having a play.... and "borrowing" (stealing) Fabs's idea from last week....

Reservoir Togs.

reservoirtogs.jpg

here a few snaps from me

1) i think every one wanted to walk like lynton even the non togger in the photo
lyntonlookalikes.jpg

2) seems the old ones need to rest now and then

toggerinrepose.jpg

3) prob one of many "pauls ferry" photos

paulslock.jpg

4) just a random person from the crowds

random1.jpg

5) cathedral ceiling

cath.jpg

Love the ceiling ones. You actually arranged Morris Dancers Lynton ... I am impressed - we just gave you bridges n crowds.

Don't big him up too much.....it was all down hill from there!! :puke:

I am still laughing at your reaction when you first saw the....ahem...... Christmas Stalls/Victorian Market/Bouncy castle......priceless :LOL:

Oh another thing Damien is that the jelly baby who was giving you the eye

<<<<<<< :D

Last edited:
I am still laughing at your reaction when you first saw the....ahem...... Christmas Stalls/Victorian Market/Bouncy castle......priceless :LOL:

Tori thinks I'm losing it, as I keep randomly bursting out with laughter.....it was perfect.....:LOL:

Oh another thing Damien is that the jelly baby who was giving you the eye
<<<<<<< :D

Yeah, that's the evil little ****!! :bat:

Another few from me :whistle:

8) Bit soft... but hey :)

Up and Over !!! by TP DK..., on Flickr

That "fine capture" produced this (almost)

cathedralceiling.jpg

I am 100% convinced those amateur Norman builders of 900 odd yrs ago did not possess set squares or plumb bobs. That roof is most definitely "on the huh" and not symmetrical. :razz::razz::razz:

We all know he is a bit soft ... but do you think he wants the rest of tp to know? :D

That is absolutely NO WAY to speak of Don Tigerdriver..... :rules:

:LOL::LOL:

I may not have been referring to the photographer ... I may have been referring to the Pentax user ... :D:D:D

i have a sort of apology (but unacceptable) from the people I entrusted to lay on the Victorian market... however, it has not washed and I am giving them a particularly hard time about it......

As in, "I am struggling to find the tenuous link between a traditional Spanish Churros stall and Victiorian Christmas in Englandshire." - Please elaborate.

"Here is a photograph of Upper Green, The Close on Saturday 10th Dec. I am failing to spot the xmas market (The pic I put on facebook) . If I should put a random cross on it, is it similar to "spot the ball?" Please could you highlight it in any way you feel appropriate?

I have read "A Christmas Carol" yet nowhere within do I find Mr Scrooge or any other character referring to "Ye olde bouncinge slyde" (or similar).. Please explain the Victorian connection.

I did also mention we had some international photographers (well they went over a river and crossed a border) ) attending this great Christian event, at what is surely one of East Anglia's most Christian places......

and the disappointment and embarrassment.......

I may not have been referring to the photographer ... I may have been referring to the Pentax user ... :D:D:D

Cheap shot. Cheap.... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Bitch! :dummy:

Love the ceiling ones. You actually arranged Morris Dancers Lynton ... I am impressed - we just gave you bridges n crowds.

dont forget that YV went to extreme lengths to get the roof top moon at end of carnaby street tour :LOL::LOL::LOL:

did she organise reindeer? :thumbsdown:

morris dancers? :thumbsdown:

puppet man? :thumbsdown:

Kenny the flower boy... :thumbsdown:

No.

End of.

:nono:

whilst I will admit the norfolk erm "winter extravaganza" lacked, erm, stalls, people, funfairs, crowds, prices of Hyde Park, I am 100% confident we had more reindeer......... :help:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

whilst I will admit the norfolk erm "winter extravaganza" lacked, erm, stalls, people, funfairs, crowds, prices of Hyde Park, I am 100% confident we had more reindeer......... :help:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I shouldn't worry too much about the "winter extravaganza" Lynton: If people query it just claim it is "Normal for Norfolk!" :wacky:

lol yes i know a extraveganza of extreme proportions ..

but i did see a reindeer mooning for the camera :LOL:

Well having looked through I could vote it no less than a five ... :D

The man in this photo, talking to Charlie, calls himself "The Doctor" and must be avoided at all costs! Unless you want to be spoken to for hours on end about absolutely nothing at all!
Good job I didn't see him then... i will keep an eye out for him next time :cautious:

:)

Back