Now I've got an ipad...

The ipad is not complete without Angry Birds

Talking of which, here is a cake my wife made.

2f395843.jpg

Speaking as an Angry Birds addict, that is brilliant :clap:

@Jordan

Icab is a web browser for iPad/iPhone. It's basically what safari iPad should have been....proper tabbed browsing, background downloads, stable, fast and excellent developer support. It's about £1.79 and worth every penny. Its the closest thing to a desktop browser on the iPad.

@Jordan

Icab is a web browser for iPad/iPhone. It's basically what safari iPad should have been....proper tabbed browsing, background downloads, stable, fast and excellent developer support. It's about £1.79 and worth every penny. Its the closest thing to a desktop browser on the iPad.

great info... i'll give it a whirl.

jordanogrady said:
great info... i'll give it a whirl.

Just installed it, so much nicer to use than Safari....thanks for the heads up Mac

What are people using for Facebook? I currently have "friendly" but it seems to be bogging down and is a bit clunky

I have 3 different ones, i'll check on the one i use most and get back to you! I think its the friendly one, but is a bit slow.

This website has got it's own app as I'm replying using it now, it's pretty good with a nice clean interface.

And don't buy one of those cheap camera connecters as I did and they don't work very well! Now I need to go buy one of their official ones...

Has anyone had a problem with the iPad optimising file size and res whatever way you import photos? I've tried dropbox, camera connector kit, flickrsaves and the standard import...

Thanks for the info about the connector Adam. I was going to go for a cheap one.

moving on from apps, can anybody recommend me a nice case for the iPad. Ideally I'd like to keep it in the case all the time for charging and when in use.

Don't want it to make the iPad too bulky either but let me have your recommendations and ideally links!!

I have a yoobao leather case from the USA I think you can get them from eBay. It's fab, bren on the iPad over a year and it's still in good condition. I also have a sticker on the front and back (clear) to protect mine. So when removed it will still be like new!

Thanks for the case suggestions - for info my iPad is a v1

Buck said:
Thanks for the case suggestions - for info my iPad is a v1

I'd highly recommend waiting for the delivery of the one I have then. You may even find a uk supplier for one.

Jordan

I think you've tempted me. This is the one I think I'm going for. I like the colcasac ones Neil highlighted but I'm wanting a case that the iPad will stay in. If I don't like it I can always move it on.

Buck said:
Jordan

I think you've tempted me. This is the one I think I'm going for. I like the colcasac ones Neil highlighted but I'm wanting a case that the iPad will stay in. If I don't like it I can always move it on.

Thats the one I have. I have the black one. They are really well made, ad do protect the iPad really well.

A couple of Photographic apps worth mentioning

LightTrac - LightTrac helps photographers plan their outdoor photo shoots ahead of time by helping them find the perfect light conditions, time and location to photograph their subjects anywhere in the world.I use this to find the best locations in The Lake District for sunrise and sunsets (y)

Snapseed - A great photo imaging editor (y)

Web Album for I Pad ( Picasa) - quick and easy access to your entire Picasa online library at your fingertips. Enjoy the highest rated Picasa viewer, uploader, and manager available on iTunes.

Filterstorm Pro - Built with the needs of photojournalists in mind, FSPro brings photo editing, IPTC metadata tagging, and image delivery to heights yet seen by a mobile device. With powerful batch processing and tagging tools, Filterstorm Pro lets you get your images prepared and delivered where they need to go as quickly as possible.

All brilliant low cost apps to enjoy on your I Pad :clap:

Tony

Nomadscuba said:
A couple of Photographic apps worth mentioning

LightTrac - LightTrac helps photographers plan their outdoor photo shoots ahead of time by helping them find the perfect light conditions, time and location to photograph their subjects anywhere in the world.I use this to find the best locations in The Lake District for sunrise and sunsets (y)

Snapseed - A great photo imaging editor (y)

Web Album for I Pad ( Picasa) - quick and easy access to your entire Picasa online library at your fingertips. Enjoy the highest rated Picasa viewer, uploader, and manager available on iTunes.

Filterstorm Pro - Built with the needs of photojournalists in mind, FSPro brings photo editing, IPTC metadata tagging, and image delivery to heights yet seen by a mobile device. With powerful batch processing and tagging tools, Filterstorm Pro lets you get your images prepared and delivered where they need to go as quickly as possible.

All brilliant low cost apps to enjoy on your I Pad :clap:

Tony

Thanks Tony, having a few issues with my iTunes account, once I get those resolved, I'm in..xx

malo50 said:
Thanks Tony, having a few issues with my iTunes account, once I get those resolved, I'm in..xx

Hi Tony, just got Snapseed, looks really good, thanks for the tip..also downloaded Pages....awesome app.

Non photography related..

Cut the rope - damn addictive and om nom makes me chuckle

Just downloading machinarium looks kinda cool for a puzzle adventure game. Think it's huge though, it's taking a while to download.

I honestly think that the iPad is the best thing I ever bought. I'm doing a website for a pub and I can visit, consult and amend instantly.

@malo

I'll second that..such a great purchase, so good infect I couldn't resist selling mine up and upgrading to the iPad 2... Dont regret that either!!

Back to the apps, team viewer (or something like that) is a pretty useful app...let's u control you desktop from the iPad.. You get full access to all files and programmes while the desktop is running. It's slightly laggy, but useful.

I'll third it then :) Didn't realise just how much you can do with an I Pad.

If you have Apple TV then the I Pad becomes a touch remote control for your main TV. Great for sharing your photos with family.

Another useful app is I Teleport lets you access your home PC desktop from anywhere and sure scares the kids when you can move the mouse around the screen remotely :naughty:

Another app worth mentioning is TuneIn Radio with 50,000 radio stations available to listen to and record !

But getting back to photography the I Pad C F Card reader I just purchased from Hong Kong handles all the RAW files you can throw at it.

I just need to work out how to watch any HD movies shot on the CF Card ? They are downloaded from the card onto my I Pad but I still can't open them :bonk:

Just downloading machinarium looks kinda cool for a puzzle adventure game. Think it's huge though, it's taking a while to download.

going back to that statement, machinarium is very good. its a point and click adventure/puzzle game. the artwork backgrounds are impressive, the music is very good and the gameplay is excellently mind boggling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwZBdWRSBRs

Last edited:
Nomadscuba said:
I'll third it then :) Didn't realise just how much you can do with an I Pad.

If you have Apple TV then the I Pad becomes a touch remote control for your main TV. Great for sharing your photos with family.

Another useful app is I Teleport lets you access your home PC desktop from anywhere and sure scares the kids when you can move the mouse around the screen remotely :naughty:

Another app worth mentioning is TuneIn Radio with 50,000 radio stations available to listen to and record !

But getting back to photography the I Pad C F Card reader I just purchased from Hong Kong handles all the RAW files you can throw at it.

I just need to work out how to watch any HD movies shot on the CF Card ? They are downloaded from the card onto my I Pad but I still can't open them :bonk:

Tune In Radio is great, had it on my phone for years. Looking at an SD card reader on Amazon for a fiver.

Really struggling to find a decent web design app though. Still think it's the mutts nuts.

Thats the one I have. I have the black one. They are really well made, ad do protect the iPad really well.

Arrived today - fits like a glove, looks really nice and the quality looks top notch - thanks for the pointer.

Having read this thread from the start you guys have got me wanting an iPad!!! You blighters! Also just downloaded cut the rope for Android and its amazing, and am wondering how amazing it would be on iPad sized screen...

Now choices choices, slightly off topic... To 3g or not to 3g that is the question... Hmmm

I'd rather have an Android Tab personally and I couldn't be without my Galaxy Tab, I'm looing for a 10" tablet now though as the screen size of mine has left me wanting 6 months on from when i bought this one :)

Having read this thread from the start you guys have got me wanting an iPad!!! You blighters! Also just downloaded cut the rope for Android and its amazing, and am wondering how amazing it would be on iPad sized screen...

Now choices choices, slightly off topic... To 3g or not to 3g that is the question... Hmmm

WiFi + MiFi E586 router from Three using HSPA+

It's way faster than straight forward 3G

(I owe you a PM btw - haven't forgotten, just busy! ;) )

Back