Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

Very nice shot Sir, nicely composed, works well in mono with good full range of tones, and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.
Thank you for looking and commenting, George. I'm not a fan of overly-silky water. I prefer it to show at least a modicum of movement.

I'm not a fan of overly-silky water. I prefer it to show at least a modicum of movement.

Neither am I Sir, much prefer your rendition style of water.(y)

George.

Who knows ? It might be an awesome camera. I'll be very interested to see how they're priced.

Interesting, but undoubtedly expensive.
Yeah and you have to budget for some Leica glass, out of my league for sure. I'll just have to continue "slumming" it with my Fuji X's :rolleyes:

It'll probably be a Sony sensor seeing as they own 40% of the sensor market.

It'll probably be a Sony sensor seeing as they own 40% of the sensor market.

I just don't see the point.

Because they are using the M-mount it shows their intention is to target Leica users. That means it won't be cheap. But they cannot charge Leica prices, you might as well buy a real Leica at that price so it will be below Leica price but expensive enough so those who own's Leica don't see the price and think "this is too cheap, must be crap". It has to be expensive enough to make people think "it's like £2,000, it must be doing something that is worth that much."

The problem is, when you get to that kind of money, you can buy a lot of cameras. I seriously can't imagine someone who has money for Leica glass can't afford Leica bodies.

Don't have my Pro2 to try it on :( Had to send it to Fuji 'cos the rubber eyecup kept falling off. They said I couldn't just fit another (I tried) as they had to be specially stuck in, but instead they replace the whole eyepiece assembly. Under warranty, of course.

Notes on Fuji site say;

1. Options of "-6" and "-7" are added in the EVF BRIGHTNESS setting.
With the additional options, even in an extremely low-light condition, the brightness of the EVF does not distract you from shooting.

2. Function assignment to the Rear Command Dial.
You can assign a specific function to be activated when the Rear Command Dial is pressed.

I'm still looking for a nice XF18mm f2 if anyone has one that they don't need. There is a post in wanted-to-buy.
Cheers

I'm still looking for a nice XF18mm f2 if anyone has one that they don't need. There is a post in wanted-to-buy.
Cheers

Saw one on eBay today for 235, was my second choice to the one I won. (Sorry uk eBay, haven't checked where you are and I'm using the app)

Also I think I just saw somebody in the price check forum with one (almost) for sale.

Taken on a trip last week, more processing to do over the coming weeks.
Have been impressed with dynamic range so far in some images I've glanced through, shots where I'd fully expect my old Canon system to lose shadows or highlights.
First time playing with the software GND filter in LRCC.

View of Perast, Bay of Kotor, Montenegro by Mitchell Howard, on Flickr

Last edited:
Don't have my Pro2 to try it on :( Had to send it to Fuji 'cos the rubber eyecup kept falling off. They said I couldn't just fit another (I tried) as they had to be specially stuck in, but instead they replace the whole eyepiece assembly. Under warranty, of course.
Got the camera back today. Great service from Fuji. Logged on this morning to check on progress and it said "repair completed". 10 minutes later DPD turned up with it! That's 7 days door-to-door including a bank holiday. No charge even though I'm the second owner.

PS they've even updated the firmware!

Last edited:

Fuji USA just send out a new eyecup, but I was able to chat to Fuji face to face about this, and they said that this isn't the best solution, not only is the eyecup glued in, but if all of the eyecup didnt come out when it seperated from the camera, then any replacement wont sit properly and get lost again.

Ok, enough of me and Fuji!

Instead here's a couple of recent shots!

This lady was so flattered that I wanted to shoot her portrait, but it was me that was flattered and honoured to be allowed to do so

The Pride of Life by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

I walked past this alley and thought 'Hmmmmm how long can I be bothered to wait here to see if someone walks down it, 5 mins? 10?'

30secs later I got this shot! That's a new record!!!!

The Light at the End of the Tunnel by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Back