Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

He could shoot with Canon and make it look good JK :exit:

Shame about the compression

True! I'm looking forward to seeing some proper shots from this thing not from the 100 X photographers but the images I've seen so far are looking very good.

Conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether Sony who allegedly make the sensor are hanging back with the goods so their new 24mp mirrorless camera gets a head start

Conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether Sony who allegedly make the sensor are hanging back with the goods so their new 24mp mirrorless camera gets a head start

Tbh fuji want to use their silly x trans instead of Bayer so they are the ones causing issues. Look at what nikon achieves with Sony sensors. Hell look at what Sony is achieving with their sensors these days!! Af destroys fuji.

Tbh fuji want to use their silly x trans instead of Bayer so they are the ones causing issues. Look at what nikon achieves with Sony sensors. Hell look at what Sony is achieving with their sensors these days!! Af destroys fuji.

So I take it you are no longer interested in the X pro2 ;)

Looks good.

Probably not, we need to remember that the relationship between Fuji and Sony is a contractual one and Sony will be on the hook to have sensors delivered at certain times, etc... delays normally incur fines so its not in Sony as a whole's interest to be holding things up, I suspect there has been a firmware issue, maybe with video? certainly seem to have been plenty of rumours that Sony were having video issues in the development of the A6300 over the last year or so.

Never used the A7rii but the A7ii AF isn't much if any better than a V4 XT1... agree on the X-Trans though would be easier just with Bayer!

Looks good.

Probably not, we need to remember that the relationship between Fuji and Sony is a contractual one and Sony will be on the hook to have sensors delivered at certain times, etc... delays normally incur fines so its not in Sony as a whole's interest to be holding things up, I suspect there has been a firmware issue, maybe with video? certainly seem to have been plenty of rumours that Sony were having video issues in the development of the A6300 over the last year or so.

Never used the A7rii but the A7ii AF isn't much if any better than a V4 XT1... agree on the X-Trans though would be easier just with Bayer!

But I'm not talking ff I'm comparing like for like, apsc, the a6k af is a notch up over fuji, looking at the a63k it's again a big step up on paper for what i's essentally the same? Sensor. From what I've read the xp2 is a bit better than the xt1, if that's the case the a63k is going to be miles better in terms of af and tracking. Ime the a6k was quite a lot better than the xt1 and xt10.

Why not stick to Bayer and achieve optimal performance with the most popular pp packages and get the af.

Last edited:
But I'm not talking ff I'm comparing like for like, apsc, the a6k af is a notch up over fuji, looking at the a63k it's again a big step up on paper for what i's essentally the same? Sensor. From what I've read the xp2 is a bit better than the xt1, if that's the case the a63k is going to be miles better in terms of af and tracking. Ime the a6k was quite a lot better than the xt1 and xt10.

Your right there the A6000 is better AF wise, I wouldn't be surprised to see the XT2 have better AF capabilities than the X-Pro 2, they've got to keep something other than body style to differentiate the two now.

Why not stick to Bayer and achieve optimal performance with the most popular pp packages and get the af.

I have to disagree. Sony 's focusing is awful and purely based on numbers and no performance. I won't be touching another Sony after the Nex 6 and A6000.

Your right there the A6000 is better AF wise, I wouldn't be surprised to see the XT2 have better AF capabilities than the X-Pro 2, they've got to keep something other than body style to differentiate the two now.

I hope so. If Sony had the xf line up that would be sweet, if fuji had the E af and video that would be sweet, why do they make us choose/buy both!!!!

I have to disagree. Sony 's focusing is awful and purely based on numbers and no performance. I won't be touching another Sony after the Nex 6 and A6000.

OK then. I think most people that have used both may disagree but you're entitled to your own opinion.

I hope so. If Sony had the xf line up that would be sweet, if fuji had the E af and video that would be sweet, why do they make us choose/buy both!!!!

Same here, I'd love an XT1 body with the A7ii sensor and the Fuji glass.... never going to happen though I fear!

Same here, I'd love an XT1 body with the A7ii sensor and the Fuji glass.... never going to happen though I fear!

Yes please. But no thank you to Sony's colour rendition. I think for me it would be a fuji and lenses with nikon processing via Sony sensor.

Yes please. But no thank you to Sony's colour rendition. I think for me it would be a fuji and lenses with nikon processing via Sony sensor.

Now that would kill any competition and we will all have the same cameras :) I m not sure I can live in a world without ranting ;)

and if it does happen you'll be in a similar situation to the A7 users a couple of years ago with a body and limited native lenses and the thread will be infested with people telling you you might as well have bought a Nikon :D

Have to say that the manual dials are a big draw for me. Clever of Fuji to go this way.

Last edited:
I prefer the more natural, organic look of the X-Trans over Bayer, which is too clinical for my personal tastes.

So what is the actual hold up with the X-Pro2 release I wonder ? Any news or has Fuji given a press release...?

Nothing concrete, it seems a firmware issue, but latest reports suggest that retailers in the US at least have been told early March now so hopefully sorted. Probably points to a firmware issue rather than Hardware too, if this does come in early March before my next trip away I can see me taking one with me...

Wouldnt rely on them for information tbh.

Went off Techradar when they were knocking cameras for not having touch screens, poor battery life for CSC's and flippys etc........ Although handy, just seemed petty and not for high end DSLR's IMO.

I tend to be sceptical of formal "reviews" and go more on actual users in the field.
I used to enjoy DP Reviews especially when Phil Askey used to do them, not the forums though they were caustic. Aways seemed pretty in depth and fair and from what I could tell unbiased. Although he no longer is involved I will still check camera reviews on there.

Last edited:
I used to enjoy DP Reviews especially when Phil Askey used to do them, not the forums though they were caustic. Aways seemed pretty in depth and fair and from what I could tell unbiased. Although he no longer is involved I will still check camera reviews on there.

The DP Forums are brilliant for a good laugh... less so for balanced discussion and actual information.

The DP Forums are brilliant for a good laugh... less so for balanced discussion and actual information.
I love looking in at the Canon forums on DPR and watching for a troll - and the reactions of our cousins from over the pond!

DPR reviews are good for getting the actual specs of gear - less so now for unbiased opinions now Mr Askey doesn't do them. Pinches of salt are sometimes required.

I've read so many X Pro 2 reviews, most are from Fuji X togs, I'm always skeptical when someone is reviewing kit they've been given for free.

I've read so many X Pro 2 reviews, most are from Fuji X togs, I'm always skeptical when someone is reviewing kit they've been given for free.

I have to agree Jim, unfortunately the real 'user' reviews won't happen until the camera has been released. Just hope by pre-ordering I haven't bought a 'lemon' :(

I have to agree Jim, unfortunately the real 'user' reviews won't happen until the camera has been released. Just hope by pre-ordering I haven't bought a 'lemon' :(
That is my fear as well, I think I'll hold back until the initial rush to buy has subsided, then maybe there will be some deals/bundles. I'm hoping the 35mm F2 will be bundled (y)

Stephen I was at a show and looked at Fuji kit ( please do not tell ) and thought of you. Had a quick lurk and found your post.
Hope all well with you and yours.

They don't all get them for free, Certainly some do, but some only have a few weeks with it, or end up earning it with a reasonable amount of work being done submitting photo's back t Fuji. Think it was Damien Lovegrove who said he had done a whole load of images for Fuji in return for his. Sure they keep Fuji sweet though.

Stephen I was at a show and looked at Fuji kit ( please do not tell ) and thought of you. Had a quick lurk and found your post.
Hope all well with you and yours.
All well, Ed. What's it worth not to tell Oly? PS new lens cloth has a wetter tongue!

Back