Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

Guys I haven't place a pre order for the fujifilm xpro 2 but I made up my mind and I am buyng one. When you pre order the only benefit is that you get a strap isn't it?

I am so happy with my choice dispite i never used a Fuji body , I tried the new x70 in stores yesterday and I have handle the xt-10 and i was just amazed by how small, light and compact they are.

In terms of SD cards, what are you guys recommending for the new xpro 2 ? do you recommend as well buying a spare battery?

Cheers

Guys I haven't place a pre order for the fujifilm xpro 2 but I made up my mind and I am buyng one. When you pre order the only benefit is that you get a strap isn't it?

I am so happy with my choice dispite i never used a Fuji body , I tried the new x70 in stores yesterday and I have handle the xt-10 and i was just amazed by how small, light and compact they are.

In terms of SD cards, what are you guys recommending for the new xpro 2 ? do you recommend as well buying a spare battery?

Cheers
At the moment the only incentive is the strap. For cards, get the fastest you can reasonably afford. Don't forget you have 2 slots. Spare batteries are a must for any Fuji body.

I don't know enough about video to reliably comment, but perceived wisdom suggests that whilst the 32gb card might be OK, the smaller card may not.

Ultras are slow AFAIK. Check the read and write speeds. The number on the front means nothing even if it is class 10.

If you're shooting Raw + Jpeg, put the 32gb in slot 1 (set for Raw) and the 16 in slot 2 (Set jpg) and this should do you depending on how many shots you take that is :)

The speed on sandisk cards is on the top left and although its company BS normally, its a good reference point, if you find you are running out of space then upgrade as needed

I put a Lexar 64gb UHS-II card in my XT-1 and ro be honest the speed increase is negligible, to me anyway. I shoot raw+jpeg

If you're shooting Raw + Jpeg, put the 32gb in slot 1 (set for Raw) and the 16 in slot 2 (Set jpg) and this should do you depending on how many shots you take that is :)
That's what I intend to do as and when it arrives. Latest rumours are w/c 7 March. Cameraworld have one for demo at their London store on Saturday 27th, which I shall probably go to before my final decision.

I see mobymemory are doing a Lexar Professional 64GB SDXC 150MB/s 1000X UHS-II U3 for £39.99 only thing is the label is silver whereas all others I've seen (at £69.99) in WEX etc have a gold label, is this significant ? Counterfeit ?

7dayshop.com have these Lexar Professional SDHC SD Memory Card 633x UHS-I Class 10 - 16GB 95mbs for £8 at the moment.

To me it's more about reliability than speed to be honest, I bought 2 Transcend wifi cards, one for my X-Pro1 and the other for my X100 and both failed on me. The one in the X-pro lost all my images I took from a tour around Scotland

All I had were the small jpg's left that I had managed to back up, absolutely heartbreaking!

So now I've gone back to Sandisk as they have never let me down (Fingers crossed)

Few issues in bold (imo)

https://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.optyczne.pl/index.php?test=aparat&test_ap=328&edit-text=

Advantages:

• low noise in JPEG and RAW in a wide range of sensitivity,
  • High resolution image.
  • effective metering,
  • very good performance burst mode,
  • WB temperature scale, set their own
  • low color errors (dC) for natural light,
  • robust, sealed, magnesium casing,
  • quite comfortable, rubberized handle,
  • a large number of controls,
  • the ability to program a number of controls,
  • good quality LCD display,
  • comfortable and fairly large hybrid viewfinder,
  • functional pop-up menu (fully customizable)
  • LV functional mode,
  • effective autofocus,
  • function-focus peaking and digital split image,
  • time-lapse photos,
  • multiple exposure mode,
  • electronic level,
  • Shutter (mechanical) 1/8000 sec,
  • electronic shutter (up to 1/32000 s)
  • the ability to record Full HD 60p / 50p,
  • function simulation films Fujifilm analog and digital filters,
  • HDMI connector and a microphone,
  • built-in Wi-Fi with remote operation.

Disadvantages:
  • the results of measurements of range and dynamics of tonal weaker than eg. X-T10 (X-Trans sensor previous generation)
  • High fault automatic white balance for incandescent light,
  • inflated color saturation,
  • instability matrix,
  • the lack of a mechanism to change the position of the LCD,
  • the lack of built-in flash,
  • moire visible in specific situations in the pictures,
  • weak appearance Darkov at higher sensitivities.
  • probable manipulation of raw data for ISO 800,
  • modify the raw data for the highest sensitivity,
  • shortcomings in the mobile application, designed to communicate with the camera.

Last edited:
Few issues in bold (imo)

https://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.optyczne.pl/index.php?test=aparat&test_ap=328&edit-text=

Advantages:

• High resolution image.
  • effective metering,
  • LV functional mode,
  • effective autofocus,
  • time-lapse photos,
  • electronic level,

Disadvantages:
  • the results of measurements of range and dynamics of tonal weaker than eg. X-T10 (X-Trans sensor previous generation)
  • instability matrix,
  • shortcomings in the mobile application, designed to communicate with the camera.

Hopefully nothing that can't be sorted by a firmware fix the bold issues that is.

Last edited:
Few issues in bold (imo)

Advantages:

• High resolution image.
  • effective metering,
  • LV functional mode,
  • effective autofocus,
  • time-lapse photos,
  • electronic level,

Disadvantages:
  • instability matrix,

Seems a good source... Will not read.

They cook the raw in camera and have fake iso. At 6400 it's almost 1 stop difference from a Bayer apsc. 6400 is more like 12800 to get the same exposure.
Why is this ? It seems to work though, I'm happy enough with the (lack of) noise at 6400

Anyone who shoots professionally considering the XPro2 as an alternative to their DSLR set up?

I'm going to have to keep my Nikon gear for sports and events, but I'd love to use something smaller for my portrait / lifestyle stuff. Along with the 16mm 35mm and 56mm I wonder if the XP2 could be the one?

Why is this ? It seems to work though, I'm happy enough with the (lack of) noise at 6400

Its just the way they do things, could be the colour array filter. But its not 6400 (when compared to other Bayer sensor cameras). At 6400 its a stop difference at 3200 and below its around 2/3 stop.

He's the first non polish president of Poland, originally from Monrovia I believe, a massive fan of Fuji cameras. He was once quoted saying "Ta strona nie została pobrana z jej oryginalnej lokalizacji za pośrednictwem bezpiecznego połączenia " You can't argue with sh*t like that. :whistle::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Had a play with the X-Pro2 today, handles beautifully and the EVF refresh rate is great. The AF (tested with 18/35/56) was good but didn't feel any quicker than my XT-10 or updated X-E2 which was a bit disappointing. Image quality seems great, no chance to push ISO as only got to shoot in well-lit conditions.

Also tried the 100-400 and was very impressed, the OIS was superb. I am not a long lens shooter but at 400mm I fired off several shots at 1/60 and they were all impressively sharp.

X70 was nice but I only tried it very briefly, X-E2S is just a largely rebadged X-E2 but we knew that already!

In Christchurch (I live in New Zealand) at my regular camera shop, met a couple of X Photographers too which was quite cool.

Can't wait to see some proper reviews. Only real one so far has been by lenstip.

The most important question for me is, will my Match Technical thumbs up from my XP1 fit the XP2 ? Probably not I'm thinking, because of the bevelled edge on the back :(

Had a play with the X-Pro2 today, handles beautifully and the EVF refresh rate is great. The AF (tested with 18/35/56) was good but didn't feel any quicker than my XT-10 or updated X-E2 which was a bit disappointing. Image quality seems great, no chance to push ISO as only got to shoot in well-lit conditions.

Also tried the 100-400 and was very impressed, the OIS was superb. I am not a long lens shooter but at 400mm I fired off several shots at 1/60 and they were all impressively sharp.

X70 was nice but I only tried it very briefly, X-E2S is just a largely rebadged X-E2 but we knew that already!
You kiwis have it all ! If only you had a have decent national rugby side then I'd consider moving there :rolleyes:

The most important question for me is, will my Match Technical thumbs up from my XP1 fit the XP2 ? Probably not I'm thinking, because of the bevelled edge on the back :(

10 minutes with a file should sort it ☺

Back