Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

"Ken Rockwell" reviews !!!. Salt Of The Earth. :whistle:;):D
Yes I agree, so sincere and not a patronising bone in his body. The little appeal at the end of his reviews, for money to raise his family always brings a lump to my wallet, lets face it, his Omega and Rolex watches he uses for his macro shots are beginning to look a little tatty. Come on guys, show your support, dig deep ! :whistle::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good news the Fuji X-pro2 hand grips are in stock at shops in the US, bit like trying to sell condoms to Eunuchs

Neither buyer has anything to put them on
A eunuch has something to put it on, he's just got nothing to fill it with. :exit:

A eunuch has something to put it on, he's just got nothing to fill it with. :exit:

Unless he was a Japanese eunuch, where they removed the lot and inserted a quill into the urethra to stop it sealing up... OUCH!

Seriously considering a fuji but which one, x-e2, xp2, X-T10 I just don't know, daughter will inherit dslr if I take the plunge!
Having read lots of threads I think xp2 may be the way but not sure, anybody got any recommendations.

Seriously considering a fuji but which one, x-e2, xp2, X-T10 I just don't know, daughter will inherit dslr if I take the plunge!
Having read lots of threads I think xp2 may be the way but not sure, anybody got any recommendations.

Latest and Greatest - Xpro 2

Best Value for money X-E2 with FW4.0 upgrade

Most Compact XT-10

In between X-T1

Pay your money take your choice!!!

Latest and Greatest - Xpro 2

Best Value for money X-E2 with FW4.0 upgrade

Most Compact XT-10

In between X-T1

Pay your money take your choice!!!
I agree with wot he sez. BUT the X-Pro2 isn't in the shops yet. The others are.

One issue I have is that it's a completely new system to me so I have no lenses which really to be truthful pushes the xp2 out of the equation, I like the look of the xe2 & have read with the fw4 update it turns it into an even better little camera than it already was.

One issue I have is that it's a completely new system to me so I have no lenses which really to be truthful pushes the xp2 out of the equation, I like the look of the xe2 & have read with the fw4 update it turns it into an even better little camera than it already was.

All the Fuji glass is good, and some is exceptional, even the standard 18-55 is a belter, but some of the primes are truly brilliant. In your shoes I would start with the X-E2 and 18-55 and see how you get on with the system, it will be very different to shooting with a DSLR in terms of handling.

All the Fuji glass is good, and some is exceptional, even the standard 18-55 is a belter, but some of the primes are truly brilliant. In your shoes I would start with the X-E2 and 18-55 and see how you get on with the system, it will be very different to shooting with a DSLR in terms of handling.
I think that has answered my questions nicely just need to go & get hands on now see what it feels like. Just for information my dslr is a Nikon D90 which I find a great handler if a little too big sometimes. With all the extra lenses flashes etc it's just not getting used. Come to think of it I don't even think I've used it this year I'm 100% sure it's because of its size which is the thoughts behind switching to mirrorless.

Last edited:

Have to agree the X-E2 has to be the best gateway into the fuji system. Refurb from the Fuji shop using the discount code gives you camera and lens for £500.09. If the system is not for you (but make sure you give it time to get used to) you would lose very little by reselling.

I'd seriously consider buying an X-Pro1 now at an unbeatable price and add the 23-mm-lens, or maybe, if still available, getting the set with two lenses at an even better price. You will hardly need anything else, maybe the 56-mm- or the 60-mm lens later when you don't want to crop anymore (which will seriously work for a while).

No matter what the X pro 1 is and will remain a great camera, it has it's limitations but the output is fantastic. If you can get it at the right price I'd go for it !

Yes apart from the video part. From his point of view it is a slight improvement over the Xt1 sensor.
yeah, he's bucking the trend. I hope it's not a case of "the emperors new clothes" with all the the other "fuji" reviewers ! :eek:

yeah, he's bucking the trend. I hope it's not a case of "the emperors new clothes" with all the the other "fuji" reviewers ! :eek:
I do hope not. I've been dithering these past few days whether to cancel my pre-order. That said, there are a couple of features I like. One is the larger sensor. It will give me greater latitude for cropping when I can't or don't get it right in camera. And the other is the joystick for changing the focus points. I would use this a lot more than the slightly clumsy method we need to adopt at present. There are times when focus-recompose just doesn't work. And it is just a hobby. When a person can't indulge their hobby it's time to give up!

I do hope not. I've been dithering these past few days whether to cancel my pre-order. That said, there are a couple of features I like. One is the larger sensor. It will give me greater latitude for cropping when I can't or don't get it right in camera. And the other is the joystick for changing the focus points. I would use this a lot more than the slightly clumsy method we need to adopt at present. There are times when focus-recompose just doesn't work. And it is just a hobby. When a person can't indulge their hobby it's time to give up!
I'm in a similar quandary myself, I know I will buy it, I'm a 100% Fuji X convert, but I have the XT-1,X pro 1 and X100T so I think what upgrades it has are excellent, but £1349 worth of excellence ? I've put one in my Calumet basket several times but I haven't had the conviction to finalise the purchase (yet !) I dunno, I know in 6 months it will be cheaper, but then again your hobby argument is one I use all the time, especially when my man maths isn't coming up trumps o_O
I've the weekend off, weather looks to be pants here so I'll do some man mathematical computations and who knows what Sunday might bring.
£1349 !!! My first car was £300 less than that, an 18 month old Ford Capri 2.0GL oyster gold with black vinyl roof :cool:

Last edited:
I'm in a similar quandary myself, I know I will buy it, I'm a 100% Fuji X convert, but I have the XT-1,X pro 1 and X100T so I think what upgrades it has are excellent, but £1349 worth of excellence ? I've put one in my Calumet basket several times but I haven't had the conviction to finalise the purchase (yet !) I dunno, I know in 6 months it will be cheaper, but then again your hobby argument is one I use all the time, especially when my man maths isn't coming up trumps o_O
I've the weekend off, weather looks to be pants here so I'll do some man mathematical computations and who knows what Sunday might bring.
£1349 !!! My first car was £300 less than that, an 18 month old Ford Capri 2.0GL oyster gold with black vinyl roof :cool:
Don't bother with the maths. You can make figures mean whatever you want! I do!!

They are supposed to be having a Fuji demo day on the 27th at Cameraworld in London, which is where I've pre-ordered my 2. I may go along and have a play then decide. But I think I already know what the decision will be. :sneaky:

My first car cost me £50 - a dark blue Austin A35! And you could get 3 gallons (remember those?) of petrol for less than £1.

I thought he was pretty complimentary regarding the camera to be honest, just not "gushing" like many reviews I have read so far. Regarding the image quality, I felt the Fuji out resolved the Nikon D7200 in the example he showed.
Of course its difficult to tell in a video

LOL I'm not quite the old but I think I remember my Dad filling up his Standard 8 in an Esso station for 2/6 a gallon and collecting for the Tigers tail , would have been around 1964

I thought he was pretty complimentary regarding the camera to be honest, just not "gushing" like many reviews I have read so far. Regarding the image quality, I felt the Fuji out resolved the Nikon D7200 in the example he showed.
Of course its difficult to tell in a video
We all know it's going to be a great camera,but as I said I'm not convinced its worth the release price, but then again is the Leica M240 worth £5000 is the Q worth £3000 ? Off topic but there's an interesting article in What digital camera comparing the Leica Q to the X100T

So, did everyone get their personalised X-Pro2 from Fuji today? No?

https://BANNED/Wiggys/status/700342359637237761

https://BANNED/matt6t6/status/700407624521687040

So, did everyone get their personalised X-Pro2 from Fuji today? No?

https://BANNED/Wiggys/status/700342359637237761

https://BANNED/matt6t6/status/700407624521687040

All well and good until you try to sell it. What a ridicules idea. I'd knock £100 the asking price straight away. Or ask for sponsorship money !!

In fairness, these are ambassadors not reviewers.
So if they commit crimes against photography they have diplomatic immunity and there's nothing we can do about it ? Is Ken Rockwell a Fuji X tog ? :cautious:

So if they commit crimes against photography they have diplomatic immunity and there's nothing we can do about it ? Is Ken Rockwell a Fuji X tog ? :cautious:

I think you are seeing a conspiracy where there isn't one, Fuji makes no attempt to hide the fact they have both X-Photographers and Ambassadors who both love and promote Fuji's lineup, they even list them all http://fujifilm-x.com/photographers/en/#photographers

In my experience, Fuji owners are actually quite realistic about the strengths and weaknesses of the cameras, they tend to love the images and handling but long for technological improvements (AF, tilt-screen, etc). If you are the type of shooter who needs the very best tech then Fuji is unlikely to ever suit you but I think most would agree that Fuji does a very good job on colour and "getting photography" and the X-Pro2 certainly looks like it continues that trend.

Ok, they're not "impartial reviewers".

As Ricky says, above, you can see who's part of Fuji's promotional line-up. Canon, Nikon etc have paid ambassadors too.
I've been using Canon cameras since 1979 and for the life of me I can't name one Canon paid ambassador, maybe they do exist, but obviously they're not as vociferous as the new breed of mirrorless gurus. As in all things in life you have to see through all the hyperbole and make your own mind up. I find the whole gushy endorsements hard to swallow when you know they are being handed free kit and f*** knows what else.
I put more stock in reviews from mainstream journalist, Amateur photographer or What digital camera or from sites such as DP review.

Back