Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

I've had both versions of the 35mm and from my experience the f2 version had the edge.

Only sold it hecause my shakes have got worse and need stabilisation these days

I am attracted to this camera.... but that price. I know what happens to csc values after less than a year of ownership. Sigh. Think I'll wait a bit for the inevitable, but it will be mine.

To be fair the XT1 has held its price pretty well, its taken almost 2 years for it to drop from £1000 to £800 new, I wouldn't be surprised to see the XP2 perform similarly, especially if orders hold up.
I'll inevitably end up with one at some point but maybe not now....

I reckon I'll wait a couple of months and let the bugs get sorted then I'll take the plunge, its two years since I made a camera purchase and this seems the logical step to me.

To be fair the XT1 has held its price pretty well, its taken almost 2 years for it to drop from £1000 to £800 new, I wouldn't be surprised to see the XP2 perform similarly, especially if orders hold up.
I'll inevitably end up with one at some point but maybe not now....

It was actually £1200 when it first came out so to be able to pick one up for £800 is a bargain. However, It's a lot of money to loose if you're selling s second hand one which typically sell for around the £600-£700 mark.

Went to the SWPP show today and had a play with the X-Pro2, no memory card, but got to handle it and try it with a lens attached.

Much nicer to grip than the original, joystick works a treat for moving focus points, press to recentre it. Focused very fast with the 90mm it had on it, viewfinder was great in both modes (tried it with a 35mm too)
Feels very solid, maybe a bit heavier than I expected, couple of nice little things I noticed, tripod mount is now central and the dual card slots are offset for easy insertion/extraction.

All good so far, but its the photo quality that matters most so will have to reserve judgement for now

Last edited:
Have you guys seen the low light performance of the x pro 2? It beats all the competition. I was just shocked!

I'm not convinced on that, I had a good look at the studio test shots on DPR and a side by side comparison showed more noise at ISO's 1600.3200 & 6400 than the X-pro1, to be honest I wasn't surprised, theres often a penalty to be paid for reducing the pixel size and cramming more on a small sensor.

I was initially unconvinced, but after reading a raft of reviews, I have placed an order. Sold my X-E1 and X-T10 to make room, but will be keeping my X-T1 for its tilting rear screen and for my zoom lenses. Sure, it's expensive, but you can't take your money into the crem!

I've always preferred the noise characteristics of xtrans, the chroma noise is much more controlled, the luminance noise just looks makes it look more like film grain to my eyes. Much more pleasing.

Both X-T1's sold now. X-Pro1 and X100T to use in the meantime. not sure whether to pre-order or hold off for problem fixes and price drops.
I'll maybe pick up an X-E2 and content myself with those three for the moment.

Both X-T1's sold now. X-Pro1 and X100T to use in the meantime. not sure whether to pre-order or hold off for problem fixes and price drops.
I'll maybe pick up an X-E2 and content myself with those three for the moment.

Good move, I may pick up an XT1 when they drop even further or just do what I usually do and buy the XP2 :ROFLMAO:

If I were you I would wait till its released and compare prices of local package offers vs imported value.

Do you need 3 cameras at the same time?

Do you need 3 cameras at the same time?

One for each hand :)

I had actually sold the X100T as well, but the buyer let me down. Now not sure whether to keep it or not. It's such a nice camera, but the shutter count reads 300 after 3 months of ownership so could probably live without it.

If I were you I would wait till its released and compare prices of local package offers vs imported value.

Just thought of another downside of waiting, I won't get an exclusive leather strap!

Think I've sold my X-T1's at the right time though. They were still worth a decent amount and that's sure to drop further if the X-T2 is announced in June.

So, on the XP2 who is buying at launch and who plans to wait ? I'm still on the fence myself.

Just thought of another downside of waiting, I won't get an exclusive leather strap!

Think I've sold my X-T1's at the right time though. They were still worth a decent amount and that's sure to drop further if the X-T2 is announced in June.

Meh, if youre getting charged £300 for the privilege it aint worth it.

Meh, if youre getting charged £300 for the privilege it aint worth it.

Indeed, forgot to add my sarcasm tags.

Just hoping the discount code still works on the Fuji refurb site when it relaunches and I'll pick up an X-E2 to try out the new firmware. That should keep me happy enough for the next few months. Maybe sell the X100T then as the X-E2 &27mm is a similar sized replacement.

Just hoping the discount code still works on the Fuji refurb site when it relaunches and I'll pick up an X-E2 to try out the new firmware. That should keep me happy enough for the next few months. Maybe sell the X100T then as the X-E2 &27mm is a similar sized replacement.

Bit under the weather today, head feels full of wool. Man flu, worst thing ever!

Probs not a bad idea, flog the x100t

I though that, but much preferred my X100, as that small size, sold the XF27mm (as good a lens as it is, ity's no use if it doesn't get used and kept the X100), kept the X-E2 as well though!

So, on the XP2 who is buying at launch and who plans to wait ? I'm still on the fence myself.
I'm buying. Life's too short to wait for something better/cheaper to come along. I can afford it, so why not?

I've pre-ordered via WEX. I've been waiting two years for this so might as well get in early rather than wait 6 months to save a few quid, hey thats six months of not be able to play with it. :)

I have to say I downloaded a couple of RAW files from the XP2 to see what they're like now that Adobe have added compatability.

To me they seem a step up from the older X Trans files, seems a lot of scope for tweaking and the strange mushy look I used to see in grass/foliage seems to have gone too.

I'm sure the bump to 24mp has helped too!

I have to say I downloaded a couple of RAW files from the XP2 to see what they're like now that Adobe have added compatability.

To me they seem a step up from the older X Trans files, seems a lot of scope for tweaking and the strange mushy look I used to see in grass/foliage seems to have gone too.

I'm sure the bump to 24mp has helped too!

I had also read that, ISO performance looks very similar to the XT1 even though theyve increased res which is nice, so is the extra stop in RAW. Camera would be spot on at the £900-1000 mark.

I had also read that, ISO performance looks very similar to the XT1 even though theyve increased res which is nice, so is the extra stop in RAW. Camera would be spot on at the £900-1000 mark.

Yeah it's probably the res that makes the big difference, I'm not sure I'd see a huge difference between this and D750 raws to be honest.

Tempted to get one of these for primes and get a 24-70 /24-120 for landscaping with the D750.

Is there an actual release day yet? Or is everyone just saying 'feb'.

Not sure but Feb 26th seems to have been banded around.

Last edited:
Yeah it's probably the res that makes the big difference, I'm not sure I'd see a huge difference between this and D750 raws to be honest.

Tempted to get one of these for primes and get a 24-70 /24-120 for landscaping with the D750.

Not sure but Feb 26th seems to have been banded around.

Hopefully the XP2 doesnt have that stupid fake ISO. D750 will still lead in IQ but the XP2 could as you say make an excellent companion.

Hopefully the XP2 doesnt have that stupid fake ISO. D750 will still lead in IQ but the XP2 could as you say make an excellent companion.

It would probably make a better combo with a D810 (but don't tell the wife!).... I've got one on pre-order that I forgot to cancel, I might just leave it and see what I think when it arrives, I don't see that it would replace the D750 (although it might be close enough), a similar spec XT2 might push me over the mirrorless edge though, I think that might be the ideal combo of IQ and ergonomics, (Until they put Sony's 100MP sensor in an XT1 body)....

It would probably make a better combo with a D810 (but don't tell the wife!).... I've got one on pre-order that I forgot to cancel, I might just leave it and see what I think when it arrives, I don't see that it would replace the D750 (although it might be close enough), a similar spec XT2 might push me over the mirrorless edge though, I think that might be the ideal combo of IQ and ergonomics, (Until they put Sony's 100MP sensor in an XT1 body)....

I think if I didnt need the best AF I wouldve gone for an A7rii by now or the XP2 / XT2 as a main system.

I think if I didnt need the best AF I wouldve gone for an A7rii by now or the XP2 / XT2 as a main system.

I think I could survive without the AF of the D750 although I'd miss it!
My main reluctance to move completely has been A: in my opinion poor ergonomics on the A7ii, great with a battery grip but then I might as well keep the DSLR? and B: the 16mp and RAW treatment on the Fuji, I don't see Sony doing much with their ergonomics so the IQ boost for Fuji would probably make me go that way now.

I think I could survive without the AF of the D750 although I'd miss it!
My main reluctance to move completely has been A: in my opinion poor ergonomics on the A7ii, great with a battery grip but then I might as well keep the DSLR? and B: the 16mp and RAW treatment on the Fuji, I don't see Sony doing much with their ergonomics so the IQ boost for Fuji would probably make me go that way now.

Other problem with the A7rii, the price is a little ridiculous imo. Especially when you consider lenses and costs involved after purchasing the body.

Other problem with the A7rii, the price is a little ridiculous imo. Especially when you consider lenses and costs involved after purchasing the body.
Deep sigh... as I know I've said this 100 x.

People complain about the price but when you look at other high mp count cameras the Sony doesn't look so bad. What other camera with the same or better resolution and image quality is vastly if any cheaper?

Lenses are another issue but even so when you consider the price of the competition again I don't think the costs are all that ridiculous. A couple are arguably overpriced and some have no direct competition but all in all I say the body price is ok for what it is even arguably a bit of a bargain and the lenses are on the whole reasonable to a bit steep but not, as you put it ridiculous.

Back