OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Steve, that is a sweet job on the Mat. How difficult did you find the flocking. I tried and failed, maybe lack of patience..

Thanks Trevor, I'm pretty impressed with it myself :0)

The flocking took around an hour and I used copier paper to cut templates out because you can push it into the corners more easily then cut it to shape. Rather than purchase a small piece of flocking from telescope suppliers for £7, I checked in Hobbycraft and they sell A4 sheets of adhesive backed thin black felt for 80p. I'm not 100% sure if the fibres aren't too long yet but the adhesive is holding fine and I'll wait and see what the results look like.

Cheers
Steve

Circa 1933, it takes 120 film which runs horizontally and built in parallax correction which tilts the viewing lens, mirror and ground glass when close focusing.

Nick, that certainly looks like your sort of camera, I cannot wait to see the results, in B&W and hopefully colour as well.

Thanks Trevor, I'm pretty impressed with it myself :0)

The flocking took around an hour and I used copier paper to cut templates out because you can push it into the corners more easily then cut it to shape. Rather than purchase a small piece of flocking from telescope suppliers for £7, I checked in Hobbycraft and they sell A4 sheets of adhesive backed thin black felt for 80p. I'm not 100% sure if the fibres aren't too long yet but the adhesive is holding fine and I'll wait and see what the results look like.

Cheers
Steve

Steve, I have my fingers and toes crossed that the felt does not brake down and flood your box with loose castings from the sheets.

Thanks although the felt feels pretty solid. My main concern is the fibres possibly getting in the way of the light and showing on the negatives but I'll have to wait and see the test roll when it comes back. Worst case I can remove the felt and use a different material but for 80p I thought its worth the test!

Finished Yashica Mat by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Not the greatest pictures so I'll take some better ones in the daylight. I ran a roll of Provia 100 through the Mat a few days ago and it's at AG now so I'm really looking forward to the results :0)

Cheers
Steve

Very nice job Steve, I've used Camera Leather a couple of times and always found their kits very easy to use.

Thanks Nick. I just need to see the results now. How's your Voigtlander? It looks in good condition in the shots on Flickr.

It's not bad, it needs a bit of a clean up, and just using a bit TBH but it's a whole lot better than the first one Rocky sent me, that was a shocker :eek:

I've got a roll of HP5+ in it at the moment, I was feeling a bit impatient and it was the only roll of 120 b&w that wasn't in the freezer. Should finish shooting that today and hopefully processed tomorrow.

Lovely job on the Yashica, you should feel well and truly proud of that.

This beast turned up today.

Pretty condition OM2, clean body, light seals have been replaced, light meter works, hot shoe not cracked, base plate scratch free. Even has a working battery!

OM Winder 1, batteries going in now... yep like a sewing machine.

Lenses: -
unbranded Teleplus 2x converter: clean glass, shiny metal.
Sun 1:4 80-240 macro zoom, f4-f22 tripod collar, macro adjust button, 6 clean blades, weight 2lb 12 oz

Oly Quick Auto 310 flash inc working batteries

Plus bits: off camera flash lead, etc

There'll be a fillum in there by bedtime

IMAG1096.jpg

IMAG1097.jpg

Well that looks a great combination of kit and all in very good order.

A Sun zoom too, in my very distant student days I worked for the importer, although cheap there were some good Sun lenses. I will be keen to see the results from this one

Indeed some Sun zooms were good, I have an old M42 85-210mm f4.5 and tested it against primes and was pleased with the results, so used it to post a shot in the monthly competition. Let's hope you have a good one Tikka

I have kept an exceptional in my view Sun 35-70, it is Minolta MD fit, my Minolta XG-M died many years ago but I recently bought a pair of X-700's so I must give this lens a try again soon.

I have kept an exceptional in my view Sun 35-70, it is Minolta MD fit, my Minolta XG-M died many years ago but I recently bought a pair of X-700's so I must give this lens a try again soon.

As we are limited to low scans from supermarkets, labs and home scanners there are less reasons not to use a zoom for general shooting in sunny weather, and esp if anyone is just going to post their shots to a forum at 1000px.
The disadvantage of the zooms say at 24-35mm and 35-80 are distortion for buildings at the lower magnification end. I have a Pentax 24-35mm and compared it with an ordinary prime both at 28mm for shots of brick wall, and it shows the difference.

Couldn't believe my ears yesterday whilst at a "Vide Grenier" ( equivalent to a UK car boot sale) out in the mountains when a seller requested 40 euros (approx £33) for this little beauty:

No3 Folding Pocket Kodak Model F

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

It's in superb condition, albiet a tiny bit of of peeling of the leatherette.

All is in good order including the metal viewfinder cover and the "spirit level" type leveller at the side of it.

The shutter is in perfect working order throughout it's speeds.

The bellows are a tiny bit crumpled but no evidence of pinholes.

Red window intact.

Even the frame counter incorporated into the shutter mechanism still operates running from 1 to 12 with each depress of the shutter release, then starting at 1 again. (The original 118 film used ot offer 12 frames)

Complete with a take up spool and original leather case.

Additionl info on this model can be found here

I'll be doing my usual film/spool modifications in order to get some shots from it with 120 film.

This arrived just in time for the weekend ( another little self treat from the classifieds on here :D), so was taken out for a test run.

Devd the film this morning, all looks good ...there's some shots from the vide grenier in there too.

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/547/h44m.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't really merit a photo, but this morning I received the Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4 I won at the weekend, for a bit less than the usual BiN price for a 1.7. It's gorgeous! Still with a 49mm thread, and focuses down to just over a foot. Now I can have a 50 on both cameras, rather than one of them having to choose between a 28mm or a 85mm! I had the 50 1.4 on this afternoon, also playing with the Triplus auto extension tubes that I bought a while back. Fun!

My grandfather passed away yesterday and we were at his house earlier on starting to clean it out. In a box under the bed I found a Zenit with another Helios on the front (I have three of these lenses now!) and more excitingly, a Brownie folder. The bellows are in perfect condition, the aperture blades are as smooth as they would have been when it was made and the shutter speeds are all perfect! It even has a metal 620 take up spool inside. I'm going to adapt a roll of 120 and put it through it's paces.

My grandfather passed away yesterday and we were at his house earlier on starting to clean it out. In a box under the bed I found a Zenit with another Helios on the front (I have three of these lenses now!) and more excitingly, a Brownie folder. The bellows are in perfect condition, the aperture blades are as smooth as they would have been when it was made and the shutter speeds are all perfect! It even has a metal 620 take up spool inside. I'm going to adapt a roll of 120 and put it through it's paces.

Always sad when a family member passes on but you will be keeping his memory alive by using his cameras.

Always good to have another 'Tripper' on board :) Welcome to the club! Bargain too.

That was a bargain Cezar, a good one like that and at boot sales they ask for more, but are not common i.e. good clean ones and working.

Always good to have another 'Tripper' on board Welcome to the club! Bargain too.

Haven't shot with it yet but already excited, it's a great camera and I've been looking for one this cheap for a long time.

That was a bargain Cezar, a good one like that and at boot sales they ask for more, but are not common i.e. good clean ones and working.

This example is super clean and came with a genuine zip-up case and a strap. It reacts well to changes in light in the 'A' mode(aperture changes), anything else I should look out for to make sure it works before I put a film through it?

Cheers

As long as you get a red flag in the viewfinder when you cover the lens in 'A' mode then the most important thing as with all film cameras will be the light seals. I'd chuck a film through it first and see what happens.

You will enjoy it! It's such a simple camera to use, so quick. And once you get the hang of zone focus you'll be tempted to carry it everywhere! And that lens....it's a beauty.

Nikon F2 Photomic that arrived yesterday. I bought it on ebay from a dealer in the US.

9472138410_24886db960_c.jpg

A lookup of the serial number dates it between Jun & Aug 1976. It has a bit of brassing here & there but the purchase price was only £59. Even with the shipping & UK Customs charges added think it was still a good price given that the camera was recently serviced. I have seen broken F2's sold for more in the UK.

Nikon F2 Photomic that arrived yesterday. I bought it on ebay from a dealer in the US.

A lookup of the serial number dates it between Jun & Aug 1976. It has a bit of brassing here & there but the purchase price was only £59. Even with the shipping & UK Customs charges added think it was still a good price given that the camera was recently serviced. I have seen broken F2's sold for more in the UK.

Lovely, and a bargain too..!

Just ordered a bronica etrsi from ffordes. This will be my first try at medium format. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Ha, another poor fool has fallen into our carefully laid trap....next stop a darkroom.:LOL:

9472138410_24886db960_c.jpg

Tha looks a beauty and at what seems a bargain price, looking forward to seeing some shots from it

:whistle:

Ha, another poor fool has fallen into our carefully laid trap....next stop a darkroom.:LOL:

Ha I think I am in trouble enough with the wife as it is so I don't think a darkroom is on the cards. I will have to pay for someone else to do the hard work.

Ha I think I am in trouble enough with the wife as it is so I don't think a darkroom is on the cards. I will have to pay for someone else to do the hard work.

I develop my film in the bathtub in the spare bathroom!

;)

I got a Patterson tank for two quid on ebay and just done my first roll with it, sooo much better than the cheap jessops one I got last year.

Snapped this up on eBay a couple of days ago (just arrived).

rollei35led.jpg

Rollei 35 LED

Cost me £20 inc. postage due to patiently waiting to snipe the auction. Included original receipt from 1979, box and all packaging, manual, leather case (not shown), lens cap, UV filter etc.

Going to enjoy playing with this new toy over the summer!
I've got one of those Rollie 35 LED, has a Triotar 3.5/40 lens.
Only thing is the battery is obsolete, I've read about using a stack of hearing aid batteries, but the voltage doesn't work out exactly, making the exposure inaccurate if you follow the LED guide. I think there's a way around it, but would have to do a search again as its some time ago that I researched the battery thing.

Think it would make a good street camera cos it basically looks like a 'toy' camera.
I believe the queen had (or still has) a gold plated Rollie 35. We share some prestigious fellow users!!

Back