OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

There was a Rollei 35mm at the bootie and I couldn't work out how it worked...I'm sure some bits were missing.

Only thing is the battery is obsolete, I've read about using a stack of hearing aid batteries, but the voltage doesn't work out exactly, making the exposure inaccurate if you follow the LED guide. I think there's a way around it, but would have to do a search again as its some time ago that I researched the battery thing.

I can't comment on the voltage issues, but there's some information that mentions both the PX27 and the Rollei 35 LED here

http://butkus.org/chinon/batt-adapt-us.pdf

Thanks for the link, there's quite a bit of info there, looks as though it's going to help.

Not sure I'll be keeping it as I don't really have a use for another camera, but it's in immaculate condition and came with a roll of film for very little money :)

9494068186_f4a2cb304c_z.jpg

I'm not a fan of film AF compacts esp the zoom ones, but just thought maybe they are useful for shots of children that wont sit still...but then older digital compacts (5mp plus) can be bought very cheaply now with a better zoom lens.

I know most of this thread is about film toys we have bought but I assume DIY film toys are o.k. too!

Last year I bought some wood and some brass and started trying to make them look like a camera.

After today's efforts it is now recognisable as one (I hope).

9509530127_1c49765513_c.jpg

This is the fourth 5x4 camera I have started. The last three got so far but were abandoned. In each case, half way through building, I realised that what I was making was not going to be what I wanted.

I did a lot more pre-building R & D and lots of drawings and making cardboard models for this one and it is definitely going to be finished - very soon, hopefully!

Steve.

Wow that looks brilliant, Steve!

More than cool, pretty brilliant if you ask me, but, photo's please.:D

I've always fancied using a rangefinder, small, light and pretty unnoticeable, so this week I decided to buy a couple:

:bonk: :LOL:

Last edited:
Now why on earth would you need two Ed.........? One of them weighs more than my car.:LOL:

David, you are in soooooooo much trouble.........

That's a nice looking collection, not sure I'd poke a fire with it though! Dare I ask how much (assuming your wife doesn't read these posts!)

Steve

Thanks, I nearly got it for £900 but it eventually went for £1,100. I have also got the boxes for the camera and lenses and it came with a pro hood, grip and a load of Hasselblad books. I didn't think the price was too bad.

David, you are in soooooooo much trouble.........

You may be right Andy :) I don't think I'll be let out on my own again :)

Nice 500C/M. First 'blad?

Thanks, yes it's my first 'blad. It's such an iconic camera, I've always wanted one.

Last edited:
double post

You'll enjoy it. They are awesome cameras - I do miss the quiet leaf shutter of the Rolleiflex, but the Hasselblad offers an incredible amount of versatility in a relatively compact package.

Well, I went to a boot sale today and managed to pick this up

I'm gonna run a roll of 35mm through it for the giggles, then see about getting it cleaned up

Love it, my mum used to have one of those, it may even be the first camera I ever took a photo with.

Though I'd join this thread after not getting round to try out my lubitel and selling, it I've now picked up a Pentax Super ME with a 50mm f1.7 & sigma 70-210 f4.5 macro which might be easier to get the hang of!

Though I'd join this thread after not getting round to try out my lubitel and selling, it I've now picked up a Pentax Super ME with a 50mm f1.7 & sigma 70-210 f4.5 macro which might be easier to get the hang of!

Welcome onboard Ferj ..... get out there shooting and let's see some reults from your ME

And, somewhat idly, I'm thinking Glasswells in Bury? Thos Gaze in Diss?

Very nice wherever they came from.

Actually it was Durrants at Beccles. There were three interesting linked lots, the Hasselblad, a Leica M3 with lenses and a Linhof Mk 4 with varoius lenses. It looked to me as though they were all owned by the same vendor.

The Hasselblad that I bought was once owned by a Donald Southern according to labels on some of the equipment. Although I have no proof I wonder if it was this Donald Southern http://www.rohcollections.org.uk/Highlights/Southern/Default.aspx who knows?

Just arrived on my doorstep:

35mm F/2.8

50mm F/1.4

105mm F2.5

200mm F/4

All in superb condition

Me is one very happy bunny! :D

xt1w.jpg

Very nice collection Asha.

That's some serious non-AI glass! Was that an auction for a set, or did you buy each one individually?

Cheers guys.

They are originally non-AI.............AI factory converted!

It was a set complete with hoods, rear caps and one front cap on the 200mm ( won't take much to find some front caps for the other 3).....all the optics are immaculate, cosmetically they are in very good condition, mechanically all feels good....you know what i'll be doing this weekend don't you?!! :D

Lol Adrian,....I guess if you ever drop by my place at some point for a Box brownie, I best make sure these lenses are under secure lock and key! :D

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back