OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Ooops! I seem to have accidentaly bought a Rolliecord Va Type 2 on the bay of E....:rolleyes:
Sadly it won't be here in time to take to Edinburgh at the weekend (unless they post it straight away and first class) but it looks in good condition, fully working and its from a camera shop in Chester so if its a bag of nails its only 20 mins on the train and I'm knocking at their door.
Please keep this quiet as the Current Mrs Snap might be listening.;)

Don't worry Andy. The internet is pretty good at keeping secrets...

I thought so, phew thats lucky.

Don't worry Andy. The internet is pretty good at keeping secrets...
Unlike drunken photographers, who are likely to blurt out "it's a shame your new camera didn't turn up in time Andy, oops!"

Unlike drunken photographers, who are likely to blurt out "it's a shame your new camera didn't turn up in time Andy, oops!"

I don't know any drunken photographers....Ah, I see, you mean future drunken photographers..say at a meet in Edinburgh.....can your blurting be bought with trinkets, alcohol or haggis perhaps?

ROFL!

Andy, if it helps you can pretend its for me. I'll look after it for a... while. :D

Why Steve how very kind and thoughtful of you...not. :D

I'm sure The CMS will understand that I only bought it as an investment and that in the long run it will be worth many times the pittance I paid for it...well at least I hope the lovely and beautiful CMS understands :love:

Last edited:
Ooops!....busted

I don't know any drunken photographers....Ah, I see, you mean future drunken photographers..say at a meet in Edinburgh.....can your blurting be bought with trinkets, alcohol or haggis perhaps?
I fear the more alcohol I'm plied with the more likely I am to make a photographical faux pas, I shall endeavour to remember not to mention the Rolleicord but I fear that not mentioning the Rolleicord will bear an uncanny resemblance to Basil not mentioning the war, so just to save time later I shall apologise unreservedly now.

Sorry Andy :coat:

Reactions: Jao
Bugger that, I'm telling her it's an f/2.8 Rolleiflex.

No probs, she wont have a clue what you're talking about and probably will glaze over as soon as you start talking about apertures etc. :D
I fear the more alcohol I'm plied with the more likely I am to make a photographical faux pas, I shall endeavour to remember not to mention the Rolleicord but I fear that not mentioning the Rolleicord will bear an uncanny resemblance to Basil not mentioning the war, so just to save time later I shall apologise unreservedly now.

Sorry Andy :coat:

All sorted anyway...apparently she's given up worrying about it so long as its not her money:banana:

BUT ANDYSNAP ,,,DIDNT YOU SAY YOU HAD TO RAID THE C.M.S'S HOLIDAY FUND TO PAY THE OVER THE TOP PRICE FOR THE CAMERA ??????????????

i hope she dosent see this post :p:p:p

BUT ANDYSNAP ,,,DIDNT YOU SAY YOU HAD TO RAID THE C.M.S'S HOLIDAY FUND TO PAY THE OVER THE TOP PRICE FOR THE CAMERA ??????????????

Thanks mate...big help...:D

LMAO :D

Thanks mate...big help...:D

Andy ,i remember all the things you said to me about the cms ,,,,,and when i met her she was luvverly , she's too good for you mate ( and dont you dare make a joke about that last bit or else :bat:):D

Everyone is to good for me......:D

The cord has arrived, in nice nick but could do with a clean and a service. What's the name of the guy who CLAs Rolleis? Is it Brian Micklboro or something along those lines?

Andy

Brian Mickleboro - a thoroughly nice chap. There's a number floating around for him, 01279 755862, which may not work because he moved around 6 months ago.

He should still be contactable by email - I have his new number somewhere, but I need to find it!

At a car boot sale yesterday, I bought a Polaroid ProPack with its matching flash (like this one).

Polaroid-ProPack.jpg

It came with a couple of packs of film dated 1994 which, as expected, failed to work spectacularly.

I haven't decided what to do with it yet. The options are 1. use it with Fuji pack film (or Impossible Project if I win the lottery jackpot), 2. Modify it to use 120 or 5x4 film or 3. Sell it.

Steve.

Last edited:
Brian Mickleboro - a thoroughly nice chap. There's a number floating around for him, 01279 755862, which may not work because he moved around 6 months ago.

He should still be contactable by email - I have his new number somewhere, but I need to find it!

Thanks FC2, thought it was him.

Thanks mate, I shall give him a bell in a bit.

Thanks mate.

Erm, I think I'm in shock. :wideyed:

I've just won a Hasselblad 500C/M with WLF, 150mm lens and 3 A12 backs on ebay. Thought I'd stick in a speculative bid as I was sure to be outbid and I'm sure you can guess the rest ... no one else bid on it.

This is what happens when t'missus leaves the country. I can't be trusted on the interwebs without a grown-up on hand to supervise.

:runaway:

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! I'VE GOT A 'BLAD!!!! :banana:

I've just won a Hasselblad 500C/M with WLF, 150mm lens and 3 A12 backs on ebay. Thought I'd stick in a speculative bid as I was sure to be outbid and I'm sure you can guess the rest

Well, we can't guess how much. You're going to have to tell us that - then we can get jealous/surprised/delighted/etc!

Steve.

Just a note - one of those is not an A12 back, it's an older version of the back.

I wondered about that as it's clearly different but I got carried away with the excitement of landing it when it would have taken 2 whole new pence to outbid me :D

I think I got it at a good price rather than a great price, though whether it was a very good price will depend on the condition when I receive it. The guy marked it as dispatched 2 minutes after I'd paid and I've been F5-ing the tracking number all day, only to get a "not found" message.

Just checked again though and it's definitely on the way :banana:

I think it's a Rolleicord V as it has the film wind and the focus knobs on the same side.

I have a V and it's my favourite of all of my cameras (I also have a Rolleiflex).

Steve.

Reactions: Jao
It's neither, it is a V (or K3C to give it its factory code). I can't quite read the serial number but I am estimating its is a mid 1956- early 1957 model, one of the last before the retooling for the Va. The tell tale sign that it is a V is the wind on and focusing wheel being on the same side. I still prefer this arrangement to the configuration on my Rolleiflex 3.5E.

Rollei ownership, a simultaneous joy and affliction!

Enjoy, there is no other camera like it!

EDIT: Steve beat me to it!

I'm selling to raise funds to buy 4x5 lenses NOT to be side tracked by you guys down the Rollei route:mad::D

Stop the persuasion guys, it's becoming too much :confused::D

Nice Rolleicord Lukas @bastic ....if you get bored with it, don't tell me that you want to sell it on!:p:D

I'm selling to raise funds to buy 4x5 lenses NOT to be side tracked by you guys down the Rollei route:mad::D

Stop the persuasion guys, it's becoming too much :confused::D

Nice Rolleicord Lukas @bastic ....if you get bored with it, don't tell me that you want to sell it on!:p:D
@Asha , only if I gather more money on more expensive toy ;)
but after everyone praises Rollei so much , I might keep it for ever and ever :)

I just found an AR-1 for me F2 at a semi reasonable price :)

I have said it before here (and on other forums) that if I was only allowed to keep one of my many cameras (and I have far too many) it would be my Rolleicord V. The Schneider lens is excellent and I am always amazed by its sharpness.

Steve.

Omigod, omigod, omigod ... I came home tonight and believe it or not, despite the delivery estimate being Monday, this was waiting for me when I got in! :runaway:

NDfilters-1
by Strappster, on Flickr

It's a set of 3 screw-in ND filters, 52mm thread, 1, 2 and 3 stops! Awesomes! Quick delivery, I only ordered them on Tuesday and they're here already! I'm really looking forward to giving them a try. Plus they came with a three-filter padded pouch which has space for memory cards maybe a single roll of film! Even better value!

Oh, and this Hasselblad arrived too.

NewBlad-1
by Strappster, on Flickr

Back