OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Those filters are frickin' awesome man, I need to get me some of those babies.

The 'blad's ok I suppose but it's not filters.....:woot:

Yeah, s'alright, whatever.

It's no good, I can't keep it up (matron). It's like a big pile of awesome, leaching amazeballs from every pore! It's from 1982, almost everything appears to work (I haven't got the mirror lock-up to work yet but I've only been fiddling). The backs all have matching numbers and everything looks as though it's been owned by an enthusiast.

Given the history, I was hoping it'd have an acute-matte screen but it doesn't, though it's bright enough in good light. The lens came with a 52mm filter adapter and a rather grubby skylight.

One of backs was loaded with a roll of film, which I guessed at being B&W ISO400 given the memo stubs on that back (no speed) and another. I shot it in the gardens last night and the negs looked good as they dried :D

Overall, I think I got it for a pretty good price but more than that, I've got a moon camera (well, sort of) which I've wanted since I was about 10 years old. So I'm rather excited about it :D

Yeah, s'alright, whatever.

It's no good, I can't keep it up (matron). It's like a big pile of awesome, leaching amazeballs from every pore! It's from 1982, almost everything appears to work (I haven't got the mirror lock-up to work yet but I've only been fiddling). The backs all have matching numbers and everything looks as though it's been owned by an enthusiast.

Given the history, I was hoping it'd have an acute-matte screen but it doesn't, though it's bright enough in good light. The lens came with a 52mm filter adapter and a rather grubby skylight.

One of backs was loaded with a roll of film, which I guessed at being B&W ISO400 given the memo stubs on that back (no speed) and another. I shot it in the gardens last night and the negs looked good as they dried :D

Overall, I think I got it for a pretty good price but more than that, I've got a moon camera (well, sort of) which I've wanted since I was about 10 years old. So I'm rather excited about it :D

Having Handled Des' 'blad at the weekend I think I now understand why people get quite so exited about them. They are lovely a very different aesthetic to the RB, but I can't justify both and you'll likely pry the RB from my cold dead hands. Though my LF shutters are fixed and being returned so I really really have to thin the stable and pay for some of the LF stuff.

I think the back on the bottom right has shorthand for "busted up" on it? (Not jealous or anything, I would be CERTAIN to try to change lenses without winding on, or whatever it is that causes an instant £80 worth of treatment by a Hassy expert!)

... you'll likely pry the RB from my cold dead hands.

I enjoy using my RZ and I love the big lenses but it's very much a tripod camera. I tend to block the bellows extension by how I hold the camera and I can't adjust my grip without it feeling odd and distracting. I've got a hand bracket but I find that awkward too. That'll need to be sold now though to free up some funds for wide and standard 'blad lenses :)

... I would be CERTAIN to try to change lenses without winding on, or whatever it is that causes an instant £80 worth of treatment by a Hassy expert!)

Having checked the service prices charged by Hasselblad UK, I believe that's the cost of emailing them to ask for a quote! :eek:

I think I'll be looking for a respected independent servicing agent when the time comes ...

Had to nab this 35mm tlr I spotted on the 'bay. Seems to be in good working order.
View attachment 13855

I enjoy using my RZ and I love the big lenses but it's very much a tripod camera. I tend to block the bellows extension by how I hold the camera and I can't adjust my grip without it feeling odd and distracting. I've got a hand bracket but I find that awkward too. That'll need to be sold now though to free up some funds for wide and standard 'blad lenses :)

Having checked the service prices charged by Hasselblad UK, I believe that's the cost of emailing them to ask for a quote! :eek:

I think I'll be looking for a respected independent servicing agent when the time comes ...

You're the only person I can believe that finds an rb/rz too small for their hands!

Russian turret finder, actually shipped over from Russia. For mounting on rangefinders e.g. Zorki etc to correctly compose with different length lenses. However I also think this could be useful for any camera system with prime lenses, as you could have this in your pocket or on the hotshoe and quickly check how a scene looks at different focal lengths before changing lenses. View attachment 13950

Hotshoe rangefinder. I seriously need to stay off the auction sites for a while :) View attachment 13951

Is that a whole set?

I sold my XA4 last year... for considerably more than the 50p I paid for it!

Steve.

there is the XA1 but its rubbish so I didnt include it!
It's an incomplete collection, you need to include it :D

there is the XA1 but its rubbish so I didnt include it!

Yes, completism is the way forward... Onward with OCD....:woot:

Have just picked up a Zuiko 135mm F 3.5 for £11 off of ebay. Quite happy

Not as exotic as some on this thread, but today I scored this little bundle for exactly £0 :)

8VP4h6I.jpg

Last edited:
I scored this little bundle for exactly £0

That has got to be my favourite price ever.

I paid that for an F801 a couple of months ago (a gift from a member of another forum). I already had an F601 (the one which was used for photographing my wedding) and a friend gave me his F401 recently. I have been wondering if it was worth collecting the others in this series!

Now you need to make us even more jealous by telling us what lenses you have there.

Steve.

Last edited:
That's a great haul, mostly because that's the legendary Nikon 105mm f/2.5 - one of Nikon's most prized lenses, and a superb portrait lens.

I was very lucky actually, a friend of my parents heard I was dabbling in film and offered me the Paterson tank, then changed his mind and told me I could have the whole lot, on the condition that I didn't sell them on :) I'm fairly clueless with lenses, but I'll try and describe them: Vivitar 28-210mm, Tefnon 28mm, Nikkor 105mm, Kiron 80-200mm, Teleplus MC7 and Vivitar '2x matched multiplier'. If anyone could enlighten me as to the last two, I'd be grateful! Oh, and there were 3 hoods, hotshoe flash, strap, original manual for the camera, and a really nice padded case for everything. Result!

EDIT: Thanks for the info Freecom2, I really need to get practising so I can do it justice!

Last edited:
There's also a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 mounted on the body. There's a couple of teleconverters in there - the internet can explain a teleconverter better than I can, but essentially it increases the focal length of the lens.

that's the legendary Nikon 105mm f/2.5 - one of Nikon's most prized lenses, and a superb portrait lens.

Now I'm becoming jealous .....did you have to bring that to our attention @FC2 :mad::D:D

£0 too ...how come i never get those kind of deals:thinking:

I'm going to be in the doghouse with Him Indoors. I bought an Xpan... now the excruciating wait for it to be delivered!
Remember when he asks "Is that a new camera?" just reply "What this old thing? No, I've had it for ages"

Picked up a 28mm F3.5 Zuiko off of ebay for just under £15 delivered. Have read opinions that the F3.5 is a better lens that the F2.8 & at that price, it is a bargain.

OM2 SP has been quite spoilt this month :)

Picked up a 28mm F3.5 Zuiko off of ebay for just under £15 delivered. Have read opinions that the F3.5 is a better lens that the F2.8 & at that price, it is a bargain.

OM2 SP has been quite spoilt this month :)

Wow that was cheap for ebay (n)

Focusing cloth arrived today, it's meant for 7x5 so its a little large. so much so I fact I can velcro it round my neck and use it as a pretty decent cape, resplendent with red lining and all!

Lovely looking camera, can't wait to see some results because those Fuji lenses are supposed to be excellent. Congrats :D

Back