OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Is the aperture ok on the CZJ Tessar? They're known for sticking after a period of non-use. I have 3 that are like that.

Just won myself one of these on the bay :D:D:D

Nikon_1341_65mm_F4_Nikkor_Copal_36998.jpg

Ooh, that's a bit spesh matey. Very nice indeed.

That's the plan :) I did toy with the idea of 610, but the dark paper frame numbers marked for 6x6 make for easy film advancing as I'll just advance to the odd frame numbers as long as the little window is in the right place. Also, 610 would only give me a mamximum of one extra frame per roll, so not really worth it. Need to get my head into sketchup when I have a bit of free time :D

612 is definitely the way to go. As my 65 doesn't really work for 5x4 I keep toying with the idea of making a fixed focus setup for the horseman back, just need to actually start doing it I think

Well, I use my new toy to process my film images, so does it count?

Late 2015 iMac 27" Retina
4GHz i7
16GB RAM
256GB SSD HDD
2GB R9 M395 Graphics

256GB Thunderbolt SSD External Drive
2TB USB 3 External HDD

Upgraded from a kitted out 2.3GHz i7 MacMini. Very very happy with the performance. The screen is just lovely.

Got 11 rolls of film shot in Seville back today, so will be using it properly in anger soon.

Ta,
Shane :)

That's the plan :) I did toy with the idea of 610, but the dark paper frame numbers marked for 6x6 make for easy film advancing as I'll just advance to the odd frame numbers as long as the little window is in the right place.

When I made my 6x12 camera, I spent most of the time messing about with various options for helical focusing. my experience is that I shouldn't have bothered. 65mm on 6x12 is very wide and in my opinion, having the lens fixed at hyperfocal position for f11 would be ideal.

Steve.

When I made my 6x12 camera, I spent most of the time messing about with various options for helical focusing. my experience is that I shouldn't have bothered. 65mm on 6x12 is very wide and in my opinion, having the lens fixed at hyperfocal position for f11 would be ideal.

Steve.

This is the thing. While I'd love to have a proper focus distance scale, I suspect that doing as you mentioned will be the best option. My other concern is how to go about making the film back. I had a look at the ONDU pinholes, but of course, being a pinhole they don't care anywhere near as much about film flatness etc.

My other concern is how to go about making the film back. I had a look at the ONDU pinholes, but of course, being a pinhole they don't care anywhere near as much about film flatness etc.

If I can find them, I can send you my CAD drawings. They might be of some help.

Send me your e-mail address by private message if you would like them.

Steve.

Oh dear, I've given-in to the dark side.
Haven't touched one of these for about 25 years (actually, I think I used to own a Zenit!).
Where's the preview screen and I can't seem to find support for it in Lightroom?
;) :eek:

View attachment 49335
Tis a thing of beauty, don't forget to post up some shots when you've put a roll through.

Amanda, you've left the standoff lever out, you'll run your battery down... in a month or two!

Car-boot Auntie has gotten me a Canon AV-1 with 50mm lens for £10, and a box camera for a pound. Not got either yet, but super happy to add to my ever-growing collection.

The AV1 is a good basic camera...I had a lovely black one once but threw it away because it was 2 stops out...erm what a mistake as I later picked up a chrome one and o_O this was about 2 stops out as well, this time I thought I'd fix it (as taking the top plate off was easy) well the meter suddenly gave the correct exposure reading so must have been a dry joint somewhere......well if I had only done the same with the black one :(

Thanks everyone. Can't believe my luck. Looking forward to getting some practice in.

Oh dear, I've given-in to the dark side.
Haven't touched one of these for about 25 years (actually, I think I used to own a Zenit!).
Where's the preview screen and I can't seem to find support for it in Lightroom?
;) :eek:

View attachment 49335

What happens if I bung a G lens on one of these babies? I assume OK to manual focus (?) but what happens re aperture?
(Sorry if this is a dumboid question).

Last Friday I ordered a new LF lens, a symmar s 150 since you ask, and for a change it didn't spend two weeks clearing customs. This time HMRC seem to have charged me 45% VAT. There is always something....

On the plus side it looks pretty clean and the speeds seem okay. :)

Some lovely lovely toys in this thread.
I inherited my father in laws Nikon FG, 50mm f1.4 and SB-15 a while ago but unfortunately the electronics appear to be dead, no meter and only shoots on M90 setting.
So, having gotten the film bug I happened up on a nice cheap Cosina CT1 with 50mm f2 lens which i'm running a roll of Fuji through.
$_57.JPG

Works brilliantly and is in really good condition and I picked up a Cosina 28mm f2.8 lens to go with it.
$_57.JPG

However, it feels a little small and toy like compared to the Nikon.
Enter Nikon FG number two, currently winging its way from Japan. Cheap auction win that I really didn't expect to win.
$_57.JPG

I think I have an addiction problem...........

Back