OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Looked to me like a shot of the steering wheel and dashboard with M4- written..... of some wierd French car.

Looked to me like a shot of the steering wheel and dashboard with M4- written..... of some wierd French car.
:rolleyes: A french car!!!!!!: :mad: how dare you insult her like that:D. It's :class Brian, class, that's what it is! À bit like your prismed RB67 but considerably smaller and lighter:p,

Last edited:
:rolleyes: A french car!!!!!!: :mad: how dare you insult her like that:D. It's :class Brian, class, that's what it is! À bit like your prismed RB67 but considerably smaller and lighter:p,

:D

Congrats Asha, and to keep the Leica image we don't want any sub standard shots posted from this camera :D :exit:

:D

Congrats Asha, and to keep the Leica image we don't want any sub standard shots posted from this camera :D :exit:

Photographs, did someone mention taking shots:runaway:......I thought it was all about wearing it around my neck as a jewellery necklace:p:D

Treated myself to an early birthday present, an ETRS. Was looking at one online at LCE, but then this one popped up on ebay for the same price with an AEII prism, E-II lens and grip too. Seems to be in really good condition and nothing seems broken yet... Hopefully I'll get to stick a test roll through tomorrow afternoon!

ETRS.jpg

Well done same as mine and the E-II lens is sharp...btw if you leave the switch on auto (AEII) the battery will drain....can't remember if same problem on manual.

Well done same as mine and the E-II lens is sharp...btw if you leave the switch on auto (AEII) the battery will drain....can't remember if same problem on manual.

Ha funny you should mention that, after I'd finished playing with it in the garden I forgot to turn it off afterwards and wondered if it would drain the battery!

Thanks for the heads up :)

Ha funny you should mention that, after I'd finished playing with it in the garden I forgot to turn it off afterwards and wondered if it would drain the battery!

Thanks for the heads up :)

Well I learn't the hard way :rolleyes: and bought it new so it shouldn't be faulty... anyway I can't see a way around it other than switching it off as you can't really have a auto cut off after a certain time as it could interupt your shooting.

That looks nice and clean John, I love using my EM and the 100mm e-series lens is great.

That looks nice and clean John, I love using my EM and the 100mm e-series lens is great.

Richard - thanks - I've had the camera some time - plucking up courage to redo the seals - have you done one....?

the 100/2.8 I bought this week after a glowing review by [ahem] Ken Rockwell........:)

PS - also have the 50/1.8 - the idea is for a discreet camera for B&W street candids

Last edited:
John, I have redone seals on lots of camera,s,if you organise yourself it is an easy task.(y)

2 new toys... One that you guys may know... A Polaroid 110 modified for 5x4 film and a noon 612 pinhole camera.

Attachments

• 1456506728113.jpg
    1456506728113.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 1456506743276.jpg
    1456506743276.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 35
Well I really like my FE but you might find the camera back seals need replacing (as mine did) so check out with some cheap film and use Asda dev and scan only for £3.
Well I put a roll of film through the camera and had it developed but all the shots are completely blank. Does this sound like light leak or have I done something stupid (quite possible)? What do people think? All help much appreciated.

^^^^^^^^

What camera ?

Well I put a roll of film through the camera and had it developed but all the shots are completely blank. Does this sound like light leak or have I done something stupid (quite possible)? What do people think? All help much appreciated.

^^^^^^^^

What camera ?

I think abryx has picked up an FE if I'm coorect.

@ abryx The negatives, are they completely clear or completely black?

Are the film markings (frame number, emulsion name) present on the negative strips?

What freecoms2 said....important to check.
You should get something on the neg even for a serious light leak which would be a white smudge i.e. viewed after scan OR black looking at the neg.
When you first put the film in did you check the film was winding on by looking at the rewind knob?

The FE is bullet proof for loading,I have one the only error may be that the leading film end slipped off the spool,but, if so then you would see no movement from the film spool top/rewind lever as you wound on.

The other guy,s question now need answers to progress further.

Classic result of film not taken up on take up spool.

Either that or you left the lens cap on but then you wouldn't have seen a darned thing through the viewfinder!

.......but not fool / idiot aka Asha proof:confused: ............I know from experience :banghead::banghead::D

Well I blame my camera..if it's not idiot proof then it's a bad design :D But no camera is bullet proof if it has a fault and the film wind on spool might be slipping.

Back