OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

I think I just like the weight and handling of the 645J. It's not the most advanced body and only shoots up to 1/500 but for what I shoot it's perfect.

On another note, I'm watching a few OM1's and 35RC's for my next project camera. If anyone's thinking about selling either for around £30 (condition not critical so long as it works), let me know :0)

I think I just like the weight and handling of the 645J. It's not the most advanced body and only shoots up to 1/500 but for what I shoot it's perfect.

On another note, I'm watching a few OM1's and 35RC's for my next project camera. If anyone's thinking about selling either for around £30 (condition not critical so long as it works), let me know :0)
I have not used my 35 sp for a while.

I've got an OM10 and an OM30 in the classifieds, any good or are you after a more advanced model?

I saw those Andy but as I'm planning on pairing it with the 50/1.4 lens I've got I was planning on the advanced models. I also prefer their simpler top plates for what I'm planning. Cheers though bud

I saw those Andy but as I'm planning on pairing it with the 50/1.4 lens I've got I was planning on the advanced models. I also prefer their simpler top plates for what I'm planning. Cheers though bud

No problem Steve , just wanted to make sure you had seen them. (y)

Funnily enough I quite fancied your C2 for an Instax conversion but by the time I add a lens it would start costing more than my budget will cover :)

Don't let a sordid financial aspect ruin your grand scheme, you're a bigger man than that Steve, bigger and better. :D

Yeah but my bank balance isn't Andy :0). I've been trying to work out if I could fit the innards of an Instax camera into a removable back for my Yashica 635 but I reckon it's too much to ask! I think I'm putting the Instax conversion on a back-burner for now because I'm not a huge fan of instant film anyway.

Oh no.... I seem to have accidentally bought a Rolleicord II mk 6.

I'm trying to sell cameras not buy them :puke:

I'm trying to sell cameras not buy them :puke:

I have the same ailment Andy, there is no cure:runaway:......................A totally unnecessary Olympus XA purchase on its way to me as we speak :banghead::D:D

I put in a low bid with about 30 minutes to go and fully expected it to be overtaken... and it wasn't. I may spend a bit on new leather, clean it up and sell it, or just keep it and use it.:D

Well, look at that lovely san serif font on the lens, then they go and spoil the look with that italic, serif, irregular GSN... Huh!:eek:

Nice looking camera, though.(y):)

EDIT: with a nod to @stevelmx5 's spoil the camera thread, sorry!

Well I still haven't finished the film in the Nikon FE I bought. In the meantime I found my wife's old film camera in a drawer. Seems to be in working order thought the metal edges of the back door are rusty. It has a 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 zoom lens but I bought a 50mm f2 for it. The shutter has a really loud twang. Has anybody used one of these?
P1130801 - 2016-03-10 at 15-24-04 by alan bryson, on Flickr

Never seen one of those... but is it a K-mount (Pentax)? If so there's a bunch of lovely lenses for it...

Well I still haven't finished the film in the Nikon FE I bought. In the meantime I found my wife's old film camera in a drawer. Seems to be in working order thought the metal edges of the back door are rusty. It has a 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 zoom lens but I bought a 50mm f2 for it. The shutter has a really loud twang. Has anybody used one of these?
/QUOTE]

Just don't try and mount the lens on any other non-Ricoh Pentax K mount camera - the Ricoh lenses have an additional pin to carry aperture information, which normal Pentax K lenses don't have. Unfortunately if you mount these lenses on other cameras then the infamous Ricoh pin will usually get stuck in another hole than it's intended to go in (and of course doesn't exist except on Ricoh cameras), this means it's very difficult to un-mount the lens and can typically lead to the camera mount needing to be disassembled to remove the lens.

Just to warn you!

Just don't try and mount the lens on any other non-Ricoh Pentax K mount camera - the Ricoh lenses have an additional pin to carry aperture information, which normal Pentax K lenses don't have. Unfortunately if you mount these lenses on other cameras then the infamous Ricoh pin will usually get stuck in another hole than it's intended to go in (and of course doesn't exist except on Ricoh cameras), this means it's very difficult to un-mount the lens and can typically lead to the camera mount needing to be disassembled to remove the lens.

Just to warn you!

Well that's worth knowing but looking at my Rikenon lens and Pentax lens can't see what the difference is i.e. I can't see the extra pin.
Anyway no problem for me as I don't have a Pentax PK mount camera only the KR-10 super.

Just to warn you!
Thanks for this. I don't have any other K mount cameras at the moment but well worth knowing.

Well that's worth knowing but looking at my Rikenon lens and Pentax lens can't see what the difference is i.e. I can't see the extra pin.
Anyway no problem for me as I don't have a Pentax PK mount camera only the KR-10 super.

Thanks for this. I don't have any other K mount cameras at the moment but well worth knowing.

I looked up about the Ricoh pin again as I was going on old stuff I'd happened to remember, and it turns out that it only affects autofocus Pentax K mount cameras, as the versions of the mount used for autofocus have an additional depression for a contact to communicate AF information, which unfortunately sits right over where the Ricoh pin is. The pin itself isn't too obvious, it's only on lenses marked "KR" and is a single shallow pin slightly further around to the left of the other contacts.

There's some more info here, http://www.theatreofnoise.com/2008/05/ricoh-lenses-on-pentax-cameras-ricoh.html

Last edited:
Its a half frame tragedy, such a beautiful camera.......its a gdamn crying shame.

I feel like this about 110 cameras too.......
2ihpifa.gif

Its a half frame tragedy, such a beautiful camera.......its a gdamn crying shame.

I feel like this about 110 cameras too.......
2ihpifa.gif

I kind of agree in that such a well-styled camera deliverssuch small results but I guess it's a design of its time when Olympus were accounting for higher film costs. It's a really nice feeling camera although the meter seems a little bit 'varied' using a 1.4v hearing aid battery so I think I'll grab a Wein cell to test it properly.

If you start a thread about painting this camera in spangely moon dust purple or something, I will gather a TPF posse and we'll come round, duff you up and take it in to care.......:ROFLMAO:

Don't Steve, I've had a big Frankie and Bennys today and its not going quietly...:)

right, what the hell is this camera in this Azera advert, the shape of the leatherette on the prism housing looks so familiar, I've been pulling up pictures of all the 35mm slrs I've ever had but its just not happnin..
I realize that this post confirms the fact I have no life at all.
If it turns out to be some naff arsed digital pseudo film slr, I will kick a table leg with no sock on as punishment and drink as much beer as is necessary to wipe the memory of researching it from my mind.

http://tvadsongs.uk/nescafe-advert-song-2016-azera-coffee-to-go/

Back