1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. skysh4rk

skysh4rk

Name:
    RJ
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Have you used an acute matte screen before? Awesomely bright, but relatively difficult to focus in my experience (I had the second version), at least compared to Bronica or Mamiya screens (although they are definitely better than Rick Oleson-style screens).

If you have the chance, I do recommend finding some way to test one to be sure you like it, especially as they can be pricey.

Carl Hall likes this.
  2. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've not used one no. The main reason I'm looking for a new screen is because I'm not convinced that the screen I currently have is a genuine Hasselblad one. I've got focussing issues at the moment, and before I send it to Miles for a CLA (£110) or repair, I wanted to try a genuine screen and see if that fixes the problem. I've just ordered a plain screen from Ffordes, but I think I want to invest in a better one later on. Not sure if there's anywhere I can try one out first, but there's always the option to return it if I dislike it I guess.

3. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well the new screen arrived today, and it's not actually that much darker than the one I have been using. It might be a *little* bit dimmer, but not enough that I can actually tell easily. One thing I have noticed is that the whole screen is much more evenly lit now, and the corners are much brighter. I'll get out and use it over the weekend and see how I get on! If it doesn't help then it'll be in a box and sent to Miles.

HassieScreens.jpg

steveo_mcg, RaglanSurf and Andysnap like this.
  4. stupar

stupar

Name:
    Stuart
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    My £40 bargain that arrived in the mail today. All virtually in immaculate condition.

Minolta X300
    Minolta MD 50mm f1.7
    Minolta 35-70mm f3.5 macro
    Sirius 80-200mm f3.9
    Miranda flash

[​IMG]Uh oh! by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

[​IMG]Uh oh! by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Carl Hall likes this.
  5. john.margetts

john.margetts

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    An OM-M4/3, M39-M4/3 and a M42-M4/3 lens adapters for my 'new' Olympus Pen which should arrive tomorrow. Can't afford a M4/3 lens so I shall use my largish collect of old film lenses instead.

I was a bit worried about Chinese quality but they seem to be well made.

6. john.margetts

john.margetts

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    My Olympus Pen E-PL3 arrived today and I have been out playing with it with my old lenses. Olympus Zuiko Auto-S works well as does the Helios 44-2. The M39 adapter does not work - it fits the camera ok but the screen blacks out and the camera does not work - this is without a lens being attached to the adapter. Samples:
    Olympus Zuiiko Auto-s 50mm lens
    Zuiko-5.jpg Zuiko-6.jpg Zuiko-5.jpg Zuiko-6.jpg Zuiko-3.jpg Zuiko-7.jpg Zuiko.jpg

David_H likes this.
  7. ABTog

ABTog

Name:
    Alistair
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I picked up a Tamron Twin-Tele 135mm f2.8 lens today that has the original converter to make it into a 225mm f5.6 lens. Bargain of £15 from a camera shop near work.
    It's a T2 mount, and came with an M42/T2 mount, but I'll also buy an OM/T2 mount so that I can use it both my Pentax Spotmatic and OM20.
    I have tested it on my DSLR and it works really well, looks clear and with it's 11 curved-blade aperture gives lovely bokeh.
    Maybe I'll just shoot a whole roll of film with it.