OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Have a look at a Canon Sureshot Supreme instead, expect to pay between £5 and £15 for a fully working one in VGC if you look around. I keep one in the door pocket of my car in case I need it. Not an all weather camera but if you break one at that price just get another!
I think that I might have looked into them before (without googling to check). The main draw to the Mju ii is the compact size. I fancied something easily pocketable for when I'm using it (as opposed to storing it in my bag when I'm stuck working). I'll take another look at the Canon though.

This is my latest addition, a Minolta XG-9, a chrome version is also on the way. This black one was advertised as untested and had no battery cover. The 50/1.7 lens has a fair bit of fungus too.

The chrome body is described as "won't wind on and shutter doesn't fire". So no battery then. I've tested the Black one with my X-700's batteries and cover and it's all working properly.IMG_20180604_225332.jpeg

This is my latest addition, a Minolta XG-9, a chrome version is also on the way. This black one was advertised as untested and had no battery cover. The 50/1.7 lens has a fair bit of fungus too.

The chrome body is described as "won't wind on and shutter doesn't fire". So no battery then. I've tested the Black one with my X-700's batteries and cover and it's all working properly.View attachment 127967

Erm why do you need two?

Because one of anything is never enough.

Well it can come in handy as I usually carry two cameras and in one e.g. I've Two Canon T70s using two different lenses as I find it's quicker taking a shot than changing the lens over for one.

I thought of having black & white in the black one and colour in the chrome one. Then the chrome one arrived and the film advance doesn't work. It looks like someone tried to force it.

On the plus side it has a battery cover and only cost £4.50. Now I can put the battery cover back on my X-700, which is already loaded with Agfa Vista anyway.

I’ve just collected a box of dev kit along with these two;

IMG_0933.jpg

What is it, 1 stop for every decade :0)

IMG_0934.jpg

The GAF 500 slide film expired the month/year I was born so I’m not holding out much hope for the results! I’m going to assemble a film slitter for the Minolta and put some Kosmo Mono through it. It’s in surprisingly excellent condition and came with an empty reel and a Jobo 16mm tee for developing so I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Assuming it works ok, I’m keen to put some fresh slide film through it, assuming I can sweet talk someone on here to dev it for me if I send the reel ;0) Edit: I've just found out it's E-4, not E-6 so if I do shoot it, I'll process it as B&W.

Last edited:
Yesterday was quite a good day. I got a Diana F+ from a charity shop with 6 rolls of Lomography 120 colour film for £3.09. The camera was £2.09 and the film was 59p per 3 pack but she knocked off the 18p as I was buying all 3.

The camera has no flash and has the 35mm back attached, which explains why the 120 film dated 2015, hadn't been used. I do have several cameras I can use the film in though.

I also got a Praktica LTL body for £4.99, a Fujica STX-1 with a 55/2.2 for £10 and a Nikon SB-22 for £19.99

Last edited:
I couldn't resist. Have always wanted a Leica.

IMG_0760.jpg

After really missing the Polaroid 110 I converted to 4x5 a while back, I've always looked out for another Polaroid donor. As a result, this arrived today and is going onto the shelf as a post-Chroma project (Polaroid 95)t;

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600Closed.jpg s-l1600Rear.jpg s-l1600SIde.jpg

I haven't got any free time to start it yet but I'm planning to do a similar conversion to the 110 but will replace the existing Polaroid lens with a new Chroma-style acrylic lens board so I can use a Schneider 150/4.5 lens I have here as, I'm hoping, I can modify the existing camera standard to match the flange depth of the Schneider. I haven't cracked out the calipers yet so am taking a bit of an (un)educated guess :0)

I like the original brown leather-ish covering so think I'll try to keep as much of that as I can. I also like the flip up viewfinder to will try and incorporate that into a new plate too. I've got an idea about using the right-side flip out pressure plate as the ground glass holder so I leave it attached to the camera but fold it away when loading the holder. I'll have to leave it as an ideas camera for the time being though as I'm about to go and cut a load of Chromas :)

Last edited:
I went into Cash Converters on my way home from work and I saw this Pentax P30n in the display case for £5. I asked to see it and the salesman said that he thought it didn't work. I took it from him and asked if he'd turned it on, he said he'd tried that, so I did it too and it worked for me.

As you can see it came with a Hanimex 28-70mm f3.5-4.5 Macro lens. Still, for £5 I was lucky to get any lens. I have no experience with this lens, so I can't say anything.IMG_20180619_195329.jpeg

Today's £5 Cash Converters bargain was this Minolta Dynax 3xi with powerzoom. It even had a fresh 2CR5 battery in it. I was stood in the shop when he came to put it in the display cabinet, and just handed it straight to me instead.

The Pentax ME F arrived from eBay yesterday along with a couple of 3 packs of Fuji 200. The camera cost me £15 and the film £10.99.IMG_20180627_005604.jpegIMG_20180626_103128.jpeg

Postie has just delivered a silver nosed Zuiko 100mm F2.8 that I ordered from Ffordes yesterday.

Advertised as coming with both caps but it has turned up in the Olympus case with the proper Olympus metal lens hood at the bottom.

Not a cheap hood according to ebay prices. £40+ on its own.

Paid £89 for the lens. Well chuffed.

A couple of days ago I received a Vivitar Series 1 24-70 zoom. It is absolutely mint, in an unmarked box, with a lens cap with Vivitar Series 1 on it. Looks fabulous but... on my first attempts with it I'd say it really doesn't work for me! It's fine from about 35-70, but 35-24 changes the direction of movement of various components and it seems ridiculously stiff. Rather disappointed! I'll have to give it a few more tries when I'm back where it is again...

Postie has just delivered a silver nosed Zuiko 100mm F2.8 that I ordered from Ffordes yesterday.

Advertised as coming with both caps but it has turned up in the Olympus case with the proper Olympus metal lens hood at the bottom.

Not a cheap hood according to ebay prices. £40+ on its own.

Paid £89 for the lens. Well chuffed.

A great lens, nice one.

Lovely camera!

If I'm not mistaken @medwaygreen bought it from @Woodsy who bought it from me!
Great to see it stays in the F&C family. (y)

^^ this :)

The bummer is, I’d have bought it back had it been for sale a few months back!

I have to say I am uber pleased, I've wanted one for a very very long time and that it's been passed around the f&c family makes me even happier, I shall endeavour to do it and its legacy proud.

It's the Howay Anny 35 made by the Hōei Corporation, I guess Howay is the phonetic spelling for the western market. IMG_20180706_221508.jpegIMG_20180706_221553.jpeg

Last edited:
I haven't put much time into photography lately, and have only used one roll in the last three months or so! I've. been busy in the garden building a shed and growing vegetables (which has a surprisingly steep learning curve!), and photography isn't really something I've wanted to do much.

Whilst looking for a photo for the NOFC I found a photo I took of some home grown chillies from last year, and I remembered that I wanted to take some more photos of home grown food. Now that I've got much more veg growing in the garden it seems like a good way to try and kick start my photo mojo again, so I've just ordered a couple of extension tubes for the 'blad. I'd like to get some decent photos to make a set and then actually print out and frame to go on the wall in the kitchen.

That's a nice project idea Carl!

I haven't put much time into photography lately, and have only used one roll in the last three months or so! I've. been busy in the garden building a shed and growing vegetables (which has a surprisingly steep learning curve!), and photography isn't really something I've wanted to do much.

Whilst looking for a photo for the NOFC I found a photo I took of some home grown chillies from last year, and I remembered that I wanted to take some more photos of home grown food. Now that I've got much more veg growing in the garden it seems like a good way to try and kick start my photo mojo again, so I've just ordered a couple of extension tubes for the 'blad. I'd like to get some decent photos to make a set and then actually print out and frame to go on the wall in the kitchen.

Same here but worse in that I haven't got thru' a roll of film for 6 months :eek:.... great that you are growing vegetables, but I've decided the only things worth growing or ones not cheap in the shops so e.g. don't grow carrots, potatoes or onions. Also, as I don't use chemicals, gave up on cabbages, cauliflower and similar because they were full of grubs (usually from the white butterfly) eating them :(

That's a nice project idea Carl!

I hadn't thought of it as a project, but I like the idea. I might put a project thread up and try and post one photo a week :)

Same here but worse in that I haven't got thru' a roll of film for 6 months :eek:.... great that you are growing vegetables, but I've decided the only things worth growing or ones not cheap in the shops so e.g. don't grow carrots, potatoes or onions. Also, as I don't use chemicals, gave up on cabbages, cauliflower and similar because they were full of grubs (usually from the white butterfly) eating them :(

Initially I was only going to grow the expensive stuff, but I ended up building a couple of raised beds with a fair bit of space. I'm trying to become as self sufficient as I can (which is tricky in a house in the centre of town with a medium sized garden) so I'm currently growing bell peppers, cayenne chillies, jalapenos, six tomato varieties, french beans, sweetcorn, garlic, onions, carrots, crown prince squash, butternut squash, patty pan squash, and potatoes. I'm also not using any chemicals in the garden but touch wood, I've not had many issues so far, apart from this damn heat!

Of all the veg I used to grow (gave it up years ago due to hosepipe bans, summer storms, etc. and the fact it was all cheap as chips in the shops by the time mine was ready!), I used to love fresh garden peas. Used to munch them whilst weeding and hoeing round the rest of the stuff, if young enough the pods they came in were nice to chew on too. Also used to grow cucumbers and honeydew melons in the greenhouse, as well as having a vine to produce grapes for home-made wine. Sadly, life and work got in the way of the time needed to do all that.

Of all the veg I used to grow (gave it up years ago due to hosepipe bans, summer storms, etc. and the fact it was all cheap as chips in the shops by the time mine was ready!), I used to love fresh garden peas. Used to munch them whilst weeding and hoeing round the rest of the stuff, if young enough the pods they came in were nice to chew on too. Also used to grow cucumbers and honeydew melons in the greenhouse, as well as having a vine to produce grapes for home-made wine. Sadly, life and work got in the way of the time needed to do all that.

Ahh yes, I forgot to put peas on my list in my previous post, I've got a few pea plants growing too! I couldn't believe how tasty they were straight from the pod in the garden, so not that many made it back to the kitchen :LOL: They're definitely the best vegetable in terms of taste vs difficulty to grow. I've never really liked wine, but I am planning on making quite a bit of cider this autumn :beer: :hungover:

Back