OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

I'd mentioned these before, but hadn't got around to photographing them.. forgive the rather basic lighting technique..

Mamiya Korvette (aka Mamiya Family, Mamiya Saturn) with Mamiya-Sekor 48mm f/2.8. If anyone has a mid-1950s sales brochure for either Bennetts or Dixons this could resolve a puzzle about why this doesn't have the Mamiya-Kominar.

Agfa Optima 335 Sensor, Agnatar 40mm f/3.5

Definitely can, where did you get that its fantastic..

Andy

Thought you'd like that! :D

Got it custom made from HighKey in Oregon, takes about 2 months and is quite expensive for a camera strap, but I reckon it's well worth it!

As I said elsewhere, it's either going to stop people asking how many megapixels, or make everyone think I'm in the movie industry!

Any clever people here who could make something similar? Money to be made...............

Al

Ooh, tempting. I am in the process of having a bag made in the UK for my film kit and NEX as well...

Nice lens for my FG!

photovhb.jpg

talk is cheap, I wanna see some good dof at f/1.4 with that...pls....;)

My thanks to all those who purchased some of my film cameras and lenses as it allowed me to purchase the monster camera below. My wife was aghast when this arrived, massive bargain I think as it cost £300 plus £23 postage.

I had a choice, buy a Hasselblad 1.5T/S adapter to fit my H1 (circa £4000) or buy a camera like this, purchase a few lenses (180mm on way for less than £100, 65mm to buy circa £250) and buy an adapter to use my digital back on this camera (on way @ £110).

So what is this camera, a Fuji GX680 MkII: Amazing bit of kit for the money.

NewToyC.jpg

OMG Ed thats a thing of beauty and no mistake....

Thats a cracker Ed, one of only 3 medium format cameras i would upgrade my RB67 to :) At that price its near RB money as well, nice sharp lenses but i wouldnt want to carry it on a landscaping trip :D

Four... four kilograms. Ouch! (but a big negative I guess and a lot of camera for the money, certainly)

Well the postman delivered in spades today.

Firstly an adaptor so I can use Voigtlander Bessamatic lenses on my Nikon cameras.

Bessamatic-on-Nikon by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Secondly a Nikon 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 which is in lovely nick and is extremely well made and very sharp.

N-28-105mm by andysnapper1, on Flickr

And lastly a Super Paragon 35-100mm f3.5-4.3. This cost £15 from Ffordes and I'm convinced its never been used. First impressions are good, very solid (even has a metal lens cap) and seems pretty sharp as you can see from the test shots, and does quasi-macro as well. Bargain.

SP-35-100mm by andysnapper1, on Flickr

All 3 of these are just cropped and nothing else.

18-135mm by andysnapper1, on Flickr

28-105mm by andysnapper1, on Flickr

35-105mm-SP by andysnapper1, on Flickr

The Super P isn;t bad at all for such a cheap lens, I want to try it outside next.

Cheers

Andy

Oh Brian thats a little beauty.

Andy

Not a new toy but it feels like one, I finally received my T90 back today after it was sent off for a warranty repair in October last year. I won't clog up the thread with complaints but I was told initially that it'd be returned in two days, followed by a litany of excuses culminating in the phone being hung up on me when I called to find out what was happening. :annoyed:

Of course, nothing's ever that simple; I turned the camera on, took a test shot and it immediately locked up with the EEE fault. I applied the standard field fix (a hefty thump) and it appears to have worked but if it goes wrong again, it certainly won't be sent back for another warranty repair.

On a happier note, here's a shot of my little Canon collection. :)

Canon Collection by Strappster, on Flickr

From left to right:
  • 85-300mm f/4.5 SSC B/L
  • 200mm f/2.8
  • 80-200mm f/4L
  • T90 with 50mm f/1.4 & 300TL
  • 85mm f/1.8
  • 135mm f/2.8
  • 20-35mm f/3.5L
  • 35-105mm f/3.5

Please note, I'm not sure that it's appropriate to name and shame in this thread but if I were you, I'd steer well clear of a camera repairer based in Edinburgh whose name begins with a letter between I and K in the alphabet.

Not a new toy but it feels like one, I finally received my T90 back today after it was sent off for a warranty repair in October last year. I won't clog up the thread with complaints but I was told initially that it'd be returned in two days, followed by a litany of excuses culminating in the phone being hung up on me when I called to find out what was happening. :annoyed:

Of course, nothing's ever that simple; I turned the camera on, took a test shot and it immediately locked up with the EEE fault. I applied the standard field fix (a hefty thump) and it appears to have worked but if it goes wrong again, it certainly won't be sent back for another warranty repair.

On a happier note, here's a shot of my little Canon collection. :)

From left to right:
  • 85-300mm f/4.5 SSC B/L
  • 200mm f/2.8
  • 80-200mm f/4L
  • T90 with 50mm f/1.4 & 300TL
  • 85mm f/1.8
  • 135mm f/2.8
  • 20-35mm f/3.5L
  • 35-105mm f/3.5

Please note, I'm not sure that it's appropriate to name and shame in this thread but if I were you, I'd steer well clear of a camera repairer based in Edinburgh whose name begins with a letter between I and K in the alphabet.

Simple solution, get yourself a proper FD body :naughty:

Nice collection of lenses there!

Contax G1 and an Electro 35 Gt from the evil place:
2lc92yc.jpg

Shame the Yashica appears to be playing up but the Contax itself is a lovely little machine.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
The meter would take a numerical value, say "9", and then you would have the emulsion speed at whatever you were shooting at (ISO/ASA, although if your meter is old enough General Electric had its own numerical system, of which you can probably find a conversion chart). I'm guessing this would then be in line with a range of apertures and exposure times, which you have shown on the other side.

Just a guess, but that's usually how these meters work - the needle points to a reading, then you line up the reading to a range of aperture/shutter values. It was great, because it was almost like manual aperture or shutter speed priority - you picked a certain aperture for certain creative photos, or a certain shutter speed that was fast enough for your subject.

Well, I just paid 51 beer tokens for a Polaroid SX-70 model 2, been after one for aaagggeesss!

Anyone have any ideas of how this is meant to work?

http://justincoquillon.co.uk/Misc/cameras/054.jpg

http://justincoquillon.co.uk/Misc/cameras/051.JPG

I feel that the selenium cell may be near dead (needle barely moves now). I'd just like to understand how it was designed to operate.

The two halves pull apart slightly and you seem to have an exposure compensation of a couple stops where the strap is meant to attach.

Interesting old meter which it seems dates from around 1947. The problem that you'd have using it today is that film sensitivity is set in degrees Scheiner, but you should be able to use it if you can find a conversion table from the Scheiner scale to ASA/ISO. How accurate the selenium cell is after all this time is another matter.

There's a bit of info HERE

It's nice - I like the simple round shape of it. (y)

Hardly ever post in here, but treated myself to a Yashica Electro 35 GN :) Won it for the tidy sum of £25 with postage and running a cheap film through it now for testing :) Already taken 3 shots with the lens cap still on (stupid!) and can't get over how quiet it all is! Hopefully the seals aren't knackered on it! :)

i got a 7D yesterday
not the most exciting toy but great for me

OOOh - they've built a 7D that takes film now have they - that'll go nicely with my dijikal one... ;)

I'm guessing you picked this thread up from the front page and didn't realise it was in Film and Conventional :LOL:

Never mind - and enjoy your new 7D, wouldn't be without mine... even if it doesn't actually take film :)

Yeah....don't be a stranger Martin, its not a complete waste, you can use it to meter for your film camera...:D

Reading thru this thread is making me lust after a Medium Format Camera!

Back