OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

I always dissuade people from going for the T90 (much to Brian's annoyance :LOL:) for this very reason - all I ever read is about how people are trying to fix theirs. Giving it a big thump does seem to work for a lot of people, but if that's the sort of fix it requires, lord knows what sort of build it is inside...

So many fantastic 35mm cameras out there, so why go with one that seems to be an endless headache?

Forums are useful for help when things go wrong, so there are going to be more posts compared to people with cameras that have no problems. So if I start a thread with "My T90 or X-700 or whatever is working perfectly" everyone would yawn and say "so what" ;)

Forums are useful for help when things go wrong, so there are going to be more posts compared to people with cameras that have no problems. So if I start a thread with "My T90 or X-700 or whatever is working perfectly" everyone would yawn and say "so what" ;)

Point taken - but go on, I dare you to :D

My viewpoint is that if I wanted a headache with photography and electronics, I'd rather it be digital doing that to me :LOL:

3sWipl.jpg

Just to prove that i did put the Ful Vue back together (ignore the massive crack in the lens housing... that never happened) ;)

Also a present from Ed (thanks a lot! :D), which will certainly come in useful. When i figure out how to open the thing :p

Missed a few things at an auction today but I did pick up this,

522660_413533448665903_100000277543663_1588890_1702536914_n.jpg

Looking pretty good for 58 years of age.

So if I start a thread with "My T90 or X-700 or whatever is working perfectly" everyone would yawn and say "so what" ;)
I could post that thread about my T90, although I'd probably have to point out that it had to be serviced twice last year and has had a new shutter mechanism fitted. :bonk:

Also a present from Ed (thanks a lot! :D), which will certainly come in useful. When i figure out how to open the thing :p
I had to watch a youtube video of someone else doing it before I dared twist it hard enough. Certainly a good seal on them!

I haven't been about much recently, job hunting has taken up most of my time so no new toys for me. Still, I've got a bunch of ebay auctions ending today so I might be on the look-out for a nice FE2 before long. :D

Still, I've got a bunch of ebay auctions ending today so I might be on the look-out for a nice FE2 before long. :D

A better replacement for that headache T90 :D

But in all seriousness, the FE2 must be a wonderful camera, I reckon it offers the vast majority of the F3 but with a faster top shutter speed and a more compact package.

I could post that thread about my T90, although I'd probably have to point out that it had to be serviced twice last year and has had a new shutter mechanism fitted. :bonk:

It would be interesting to know from an insider at Canon for when the eee problems started and if it was a problem from the start, if so what did they change in later models or did they throw away this shutter type and design a new one :shrug:
There are different answers on the net (probably parroting) for eee but many problems could all be down to one rubber washer going sticky with age :eek: but then why hasn't my washer on my T90 gone sticky unless it has been serviced in the past :shrug:

I reckon it's more a problem related to the magnets rather than the sticky rubber that's the Achilles heel. My EOS 10 died from a perished rubber stopper so I'm guessing that Canon didn't particularly identify that as a weak spot at the time.

7124961853_f164c2a6fb_o.jpg

Agfa Billy Record

Photographed at my girlfriends house last year, now in my ownership. Shutter works well, bellows are light tight- looking forward to using it!

Just won a Jobo CPE-2 on the Bay of E, £140 posted, looks to be in good nick, will hopefully save me some money on colour developing :D

They are great - shame you didn't get one with the lift, but it's still a great piece of kit (y)

The lift was about £200 extra, i think i can live with-out it for now at that price :)

Just won a Jobo CPE-2 on the Bay of E, £140 posted, looks to be in good nick, will hopefully save me some money on colour developing :D

Pity you did not put a wanted add on here for one, it would have been a lot cheaper than £140.

Oh definitely - it's a luxury extra rather than a necessity. What C-41 kit do you plan to use with it, Tetenal/Rollei?

Pity you did not put a wanted add on here for one, it would have been a lot cheaper than £140.

Probably the tetenal, AG photographic do a 1L pack for about £15 which will start me off

Ed, it was more of a spur of the moment thing :LOL:

Wouldn't happen to have a link would you? ;)

Just twist it you big Jessy!

All you need to do is follow Ed's instructions :LOL:

But in all seriousness, the FE2 must be a wonderful camera, I reckon it offers the vast majority of the F3 but with a faster top shutter speed and a more compact package.

I've come to realise that part of what I want in a manual film camera is the tactile experience of using a proper wind-on lever and dials instead of buttons so the T90 and my collection of FD lenses are going up for sale soon. I can't see what an FM3a has over an FE2, given that I'd change the batteries as soon as thing stopped working anyway.

And once the T90's gone, I can't help thinking that a good 6x7 camera would really compliment my collection.... ;)

I've come to realise that part of what I want in a manual film camera is the tactile experience of using a proper wind-on lever and dials instead of buttons so the T90 and my collection of FD lenses are going up for sale soon. I can't see what an FM3a has over an FE2, given that I'd change the batteries as soon as thing stopped working anyway.

Any interesting FD lenses?

Memo to self: keep an eye on TP Classifieds :D

Edit: oh, and I may have something on-topic to add to this thread this evening...

Last edited:
Snapped this up last week for a more than reasonable price given its condition. Replaced the seals at the weekend. Now just waiting for the rain to stop :(

P1000701.jpg

Custom cover winging its way from Japan as I type.

Last edited:
Can't see the piccie Adrian.

Andy

I can and it looks very nice indeed.

Just won this on the bay

OM10 body only, in very good condtion, theres a few small marks as can be expected of a camera this age but internally it is immaculate and works perfectly.

Complete with manual, leather case, strap and body cap plus the manual overide adapter.
Got it for £16 + £8 P+P

And a Vivitar 28mm 2.8 for £25
I'll be in the pound shop later to pick up some film. Can't wait to have a play.

happygolucky said:
Just won this on the bay

OM10 body only, in very good condtion, theres a few small marks as can be expected of a camera this age but internally it is immaculate and works perfectly.

Complete with manual, leather case, strap and body cap plus the manual overide adapter.
Got it for £16 + £8 P+P

I'll be in the pound shop later to pick up some film. Can't wait to have a play.

Nice one Bro. Pretty decent set up for under £50. Enjoy

Just won this on the bay

Got it for £16 + £8 P+P

That Vivitar 28mm f2.8 lens is a very good performer indeed and in Nikon fit would have cost a lot more, so you got a great bargain. Enjoy.(y)

This landed on my doorstep this morning...

P1000708.jpg

Not sure if it constitutes 'a new toy' or 'reasonable grounds for divorce'. :eek: My wife's gonna kill me when she finds out.

Probably, but at least you will still have your 'true love' ;)

It does look lovely and shiny and new. You had better get using it!

This has got me thinking actually- if I look at my M6 and rolleiflex T they are both "well loved"- with the M6 showing signs of use and the rollei being cosmetically very challenged. I have no problem in buying less than pristine film kit and never bother to ask about potential shutter actuations/use- you just live with it and use the camera until it conks out. Then hopefully get it repaired.

All this has changed with digital. You see on here people fretting about actuations, the tiniest marks and whether or not the box is supplied on resale. All a bit strange really.

Is that a digital fear of redundancy thing or just that a lot of people on TP (not in F&C so much) are gear whores and not actually taking that many photos?

Back