OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

FS-1 hit the mat today, lens and hood already here :D

FS-1.jpg

I got this one for The Collection of course, but it will get used as well.

Arthur
sneaky.gif

Do you have a battery in there? I'm pretty sure the shutter won't work unless there's a working battery fitted.

Yes I do. It registers 4 when I do a battery check - which, according to the manual, should be good enough to work the shutter.

It seems the magnets are working properly too (underneath the bottom cover).

Yes I do. It registers 4 when I do a battery check - which, according to the manual, should be good enough to work the shutter.

It seems the magnets are working properly too (underneath the bottom cover).

In that case it's not looking good :(

FS-1 hit the mat today, lens and hood already here :D

FS-1.jpg

I got this one for The Collection of course, but it will get used as well.

Arthur
sneaky.gif

Nice, that hood is a collectors item..well it's not cheap on the bay.

dumb, obvious question* - you have taken it off the 'L' setting on the shutter release button?

IIRC you can check the battery with it still locked, but the shutter won't fire.

[* forgive me, but it's worth asking]

that lens hood looks very, very cool, just by having it I would take the camera out more often . looks very cinematic.

Nice, that hood is a collectors item..well it's not cheap on the bay.

Lucky I'm a collector then Mr X!

that lens hood looks very, very cool, just by having it I would take the camera out more often . looks very cinematic.

It's defo a must-have accessory I admit. Got the little leather case as well :D

sounds like it almost looks like a Leica m series .
when you get yourself a minolta CLE I would like to come around for a cup of tea ! :D

dumb, obvious question* - you have taken it off the 'L' setting on the shutter release button?

IIRC you can check the battery with it still locked, but the shutter won't fire.

[* forgive me, but it's worth asking]
:LOL:

It's always worth asking, but yes, I have. I reckon it's worth getting a new battery just to double check - before I start dismantling it.;)

sounds like it almost looks like a Leica m series .
when you get yourself a minolta CLE I would like to come around for a cup of tea ! :D

Was going to but went for the Hexar AF instead... no messing with lenses, just take pix

Doesn't get much cooler! It's the black Konica AF - with stealth mode and dedicated flash too. Whenever I take it out of the case I get a queue of dogs looking to do a swap...

Well here you go, my drive to the F100 and I love this, going out this weekend and shooting two films, going off to the Hull processing lab and will let you know what the results are.

90Xpluskit.jpg

Doesn't get much cooler! It's the black Konica AF - with stealth mode and dedicated flash too. Whenever I take it out of the case I get a queue of dogs looking to do a swap...

(y):D:D

Bugger:clap:

Well here you go, my drive to the F100 and I love this, going out this weekend and shooting two films, going off to the Hull processing lab and will let you know what the results are.

90Xpluskit.jpg

Ah! A bit of snobbery...Tescos is not good enough for results from a Nikon ;)

I REALLY like that for some odd reason... Almost looks like it should be strapped to some kind of weapon... Good find colpepper :)

Bry

I REALLY like that for some odd reason... Almost looks like it should be strapped to some kind of weapon... Good find colpepper :)

Bry
I know what you mean. I always fancied an F2 since I let my mint F go :bang: This one's 'well used' but it seems to work fine and best of all it was cheap!

I've already posted in the Super Paxette thread, but it's also a new toy, so here you go.

Also, I recently bought a Pentax ME Super, which I absolutely love. It's definately a design classic, when I think of traditional SLR's, this is exactly what I think of (oh, and possibly the OM10):love:

My first roll of film should be back towards the middle of this week - can't wait

Cheers

Aled (off to troll the bay for a wide angle lens for the Pentax although I've spent all of my pocket money for this month):naughty:

For shame on you lot, letting this thread slide way back down the list... I've only been away a week! For the sake of updating then - this arrived today :D

Koni_II.jpg

So I got the first one already, this is the II - and the III is on the way from the US...
banana.gif

For shame on you lot, letting this thread slide way back down the list... I've only been away a week!

Sorry Arthur - i've been concentrating on using the one's i've got for once, rather than spending on new ones ;)

Pah, lightweight... I've been in Turkey for a week and still managed to get another two :LOL:

This was waiting for me when I arrived home late tonight - Zeiss Ikon Contessa SLK with a Tessar 50mm f/2.8 lens, shutter goes from B and 1 second up to 1/500. Coupled rangefinder and match needle meter on the top.

Last edited:
I've read about bargains in pawn shop esp in the US, but never found any myself until today when I saw amongst lenses in a window a Canon FDn 50mm f1.8 for £2.99 excellent condition but to those that don't know seems to be jammed off the camera.....well the glass is clear and works perfectly, also I noticed there was a Nikon lens £44 but it looks like a modern AF one. Other lenses which I could see properly look over priced to me.

I've read about bargains in pawn shop esp in the US, but never found any myself until today when I saw amongst lenses in a window a Canon FDn 50mm f1.8 for £2.99 excellent condition but to those that don't know seems to be jammed off the camera.....well the glass is clear and works perfectly, also I noticed there was a Nikon lens £44 but it looks like a modern AF one. Other lenses which I could see properly look over priced to me.

I need to find an F6 or a Hassleblad for a fiver, think I will carry on looking....

In fact Garry Edwards sent me a link to a nice large format camera that was for sale. That would be an interesting new toy. Think I will try MF before I go to that extent though!

grab one for me as well ! :D

I believe that good things are a very, very rare find. although it's probably possible to find an old mf, lf for chips.

grab one for me as well ! :D

I believe that good things are a very, very rare find. although it's probably possible to find an old mf, lf for chips.

I mentioned it at the time (think it was earlier in this thread) but I was talking to a chap in Lytham that had bought a Hassleblad camera from a second hand shop in east lancs for a stupidly small amount because the film cartridge was missing and the shop thought it was worthless. Can't remember how much it was now but I think it was about £50. I was about 4-8 weeks ago if I remember rightly.

EDIT: Post #186 and it was £40 !!!

Last edited:
I need to find an F6 or a Hassleblad for a fiver, think I will carry on looking....

Nearest to that price is a Hanimex 28mm for £5.50 off the bay :) Actually it's not a bad lens...no one seem to want it maybe because it was fuji bayonet. Anyway if anyone here is hard up then the Hanimex 28mm will keep you going.

Bought my F2AS for 70 odd quid, by no means mint but everything works. Auction ended Saturday morning before most people were awake. There's a lesson there somewhere.

OTOH I've missed a few very nice Nikkors lately thinking they'd go for serious dosh only to find they slipped through for buttons. D'oh!

Nearest to that price is a Hanimex 28mm for £5.50 off the bay :) Actually it's not a bad lens...no one seem to want it maybe because it was fuji bayonet. Anyway if anyone here is hard up then the Hanimex 28mm will keep you going.

With a reversing ring it would be a great buy for macro!

Back