OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Starastin, get down to some charity shops, you never know what you'll find! i'm tempted to go out on my dinner and look round some more :LOL:

AFC, such a true statement. I was reading about them somewhere and they were described as "built like a T62, but unfortunately weigh the same as one" :LOL:

jemdna, if you look on ebay, EOS 100's can be had for as alittle as £7.99 buy it now, so if you desperately wanted one they can be had for very little money!

Hey :)

The EOS100 was only purchased as it come in for just £5. Not to worried, tbh I probably need to spend more time shooting and dev' then buying new cameras :LOL:

Richard, I am beginning to get a little worried about you :LOL:

I. on the other hand, am allowed to do it. In fact, it is expected of me to do it. So I did. Again ...

I give you the awesome Hexar AF, with almost mandatory dedicated HX-14 flash :naughty:

hexar.jpg

I keep looking at this, picking it up, just holding it... it is a very nice piece of kit - and as for that silent mode :naughty:

Last edited:
Arthur, have you taken a second mortgage Konica hexar AF, beautiful.

Umm... no, just back at work doing what I enjoy and getting paid for it again! Rather like Ujjwal though, I am getting to the "Got the kit, got to get to use it now" stage and so I am finalising kit decisions (hence the Dynax 9, the Hexar, and so on). Pity about the T-VS but no matter, the AI-Borg - while not so posey - will cover that range and is dead weird into the bargain (looks like it was inspired by Sonic the Hedgehog :LOL: )

Arthur

...the AI-Borg - while not so posey - will cover that range and is dead weird into the bargain (looks like it was inspired by Sonic the Hedgehog :LOL: )

Arthur

Looks more like a bust of Darth Vader to me :LOL:

I've been quite moderate for last week - only thing I've picked up is a Flash for the A-1 system - Well - not strictly - more for the T series tbh, but it works perfectly with the A-1 too - The 299T.

Last edited:
Where are all these charity shops!!!
And why are they not near me!!
The only things in my local ones are books, dodgy clothes, old ladies that smell of wee and tat.
:dummy:

Glad you are all getting some nice kit however. Some of your houses must look like a museum. (y)

if it makes you feel any better, i scoured plenty of charity shops today to no avail! :LOL:

Glad you are all getting some nice kit however. Some of your houses must look like a museum. (y)

Not sure the Dynaxes would... even now there is nothing to compare to the 9 :love:

OTOH, maybe my office does look a little like the backrooms of a museum though - but I like it that way :LOL:

okay, more charity shop scouring came up with these little beauties :) a big thanks to my understanding girlfriend, she didn't moan once about being dragged round every charity shop in Southport :love:

first of all a cheeky polaroid 635 in brand new condition, it even came with a case, full manual and the original recent. it was bought on 30/12/1983 at Boots on Regent Street, London :) the film for this is on the expensive side but i'm going to have to indulge even if it is just the once! i was hoping i could give it to my 3 year old cousin because he would love it, but his parents would be photographed out of house and home for the price of the film :LOL:

4890685026_4c9f8763b5_z.jpg

next an instamatic 104, un-usable but a nice thing to own :) it came with the wrap around ever ready case too :)
4890089889_6f36b38dc8_z.jpg

a vivitar 125 flash that looks brand new, theres not a mark on it and it works fantastic :) even came with the original box :)
4890688700_541f5b3975_z.jpg

a rank elektra light meter with case, all works fine :)
4890092535_d202919691_z.jpg

Last edited:
and some more!

now here we have my favourite buy of the day, a sixon gossen colour finder/light meter. it looks brand new apart from some brown marking on the back which i hope will come off with some elbow grease. it even came with the original case which was nice :) after a quick look on ebay theres one for sale at £50 which is worse condition :! although there are others cheaper than that :LOL: either way i paid alot less than that :)

4890094891_280f8c11fd_z.jpg

4890094117_d11360b104_z.jpg

4890093279_e0c5a24fef_z.jpg

then last but not least this M42 mount 135mm lens complete with case! it looks brand new as well, not a mark on it :)
4890095721_181ecf09fd_z.jpg

a successful hunt if i do say so myself :) the only problem is i'm out of charity shops, so i'll have to keep trying the same ones in the hope new stuff comes in :)

thanks for the heads up, i'll take it into work on monday and check it. i don't have an avo here. i was only planning to use it with the AE1 anyway so hopefully all will be well. i wasn't planning on putting anywhere near my Sony :)

Its a Graphlex Crown Graphic, it shoots 4x5 film one at a time :)

I imported it from the US for just over £100, its sooooo much fun to use.

oh ! fantastic !! is it sharp enough ? that's a mind blowing price ! where did you get it if you don't mind me asking ? keh ?
everything ? the back, body and lens for around 100 ?

Well I got it on ebay.com, the tricky bit is finding someone who is happy to ship to the UK. Any graphics that sell in the UK are tending to go for £200+

Its for the whole thing, I had to buy a few film holders as the ones I got had a few leaks.

I just found my dream camera, but the shipping would cost me 90dollars, damn I hate them ! :LOL: they have such lovely prices for stuff. but even with the 90dollar shipping it would be cheaper than in uk.

I just found my dream camera, but the shipping would cost me 90dollars, damn I hate them ! :LOL: they have such lovely prices for stuff. but even with the 90dollar shipping it would be cheaper than in uk.

Haha you also have to pay tax when it arrives in the UK unless you are clever...

They are brilliant cameras to get into the large format world but once you go big you won't want to pick up your 35mm :LOL:

blast ! I was looking at the mamiya 645afd . large format - that for me would not be everyday shooter, as I mainly do portraits and people. but I would love to get one.
I bet I was able to skip tax and pp if I sent it to mums and visited her in florida ! :LOL:
:dreaming:

don't laugh at my addiction! :LOL: i've put a cap on my spending for this month at least so i shouldn't have anymore posts in here too soon, its this thread that got me going in the first place though :razz:

The purchasing drought ended with this FTb. Light seals need replacing but very clean otherwise.

002-10.jpg

Funny you should say that...

koni-1.jpg

:naughty:

... and just to say I am still alive and kicking, I can confirm that a Konishiroku II and a III are even now winging their way to these shores from faraway places to add to the collection (y)

Apart from those two though things have been a bit quiet around here as I concentrate more on using than acquiring - well, mostly that is, I did get an FS-1 as well so I can get more use out of the AR lenses I have for the half-frame Autoreflex and an MD to AF adapter to do the same with the X-700 lenses on the Dynaxes (inc the excellent 50mm f/1.4).

I hope so - I'd hate to get into a bidding war for some of these cameras!

Well I might have missed another bargain at the bootie (previous one was a Konica Hexar):- Ross f3.5 Lens on a large plate attached to bellows, this with odds an sods in a box inc old enlarger, developing tanks, but didn't dig too deep in the box so couldn't see what went with the Large format bellows gear...he wanted £12 for the lot.

I am delighted to be honest, it's the final piece of the jigsaw that is my armoury of choice. Downside is that (bar the early Konica collection) I have to now actually get out and use these superb beasties!

(Err, today I am mostly buying a C35 AF2 for the collection and a Z-UP 80 for rough stuff... the voices made me do it... :wacky: )

Last edited:
My new 35mm camera

4390844088_480212d2c5_z.jpg

4390845862_1a25002a03_z.jpg

4390848162_3c53346bcb_z.jpg

The light meter doesn't work but I've put a couple of rolls of Ilford XP2 through it and I'm very happy with the results.

Needs a bit of a clean mind you.

I am buying an XM1 video camera from a friend at work who is saving up for an Apple iPad. He has a complete EOS5 complete film outfit for sale but the rules state I can't sell something that doesn't belong to me. I can vouch for the person concerns but I would have to go with what the mods say so posted this and will report it for the mods to think over.

Please don't PM me about it, if I can sell it on here I will do as per rules. If they say no I will leave it to him

Back