OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

@stevelmx5

Johns posting made me realise i have this knocking about ....The shutter release cable can be replaced ..;simply open the grip and install a new one.

If any good to you, it's yours for nowt ( we can sort a suitable thread if needs be)

View attachment 31774

Hi Asha. Thanks for the very kind offer but my thinking for the grip is purely for added comfort holding the body. I'm not planning on adding any trigger function. I really appreciate the thought though.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Asha. Thanks for the very kind offer but my thinking for the grip is purely for added comfort holding the body. I'm not planning on adding any trigger function. I really appreciate the thought though.

Cheers
Steve

Yeah yeah, any excuse to go back to your playdo :D:D

A few recent new toys

16510806770_277753287a_z.jpg

Pentax 67II with 45mm lens £660 from the Hailsham camcentre

16698208095_58eb0eba23_z.jpg

A few lenses to go with it, 500mm F5,6 £350 200mm F4 with case £125 both from Teddington Photographic and a boxed 55-100mm F4.5 £385 buy it now from ebay

16696905871_b01bba78de_z.jpg

Tiny in comparison F100 with grip rescued from MrCad for £100

Edit the monster lens was 350 n0t 3350

Last edited:
:cool: Interesting to know what film you liked....but you really can't go wrong with any of your selection, but for me I would be interested in results from Reala as it's my special 35mm film for special subjects.

All valid points and definitely worth considering. If I do put a grip together the alternative is some 3M adhesive tape which will keep it in place but should remove without damaging the skin of the camera. The only issue is that unless the grip has a cutout built in, it will stop the self timer functioning. Not a major problem personally though because I don't think I've ever used a self timer in any camera.

I saw this post http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147782 and thought it might be of some interest to you.

Nice. I have a Symmar 210mm which I haven't used yet.

Is the 150mm convertible? The 210 becomes 370mm if you remove the front element.

Steve.

Is the 150mm convertible? The 210 becomes 370mm if you remove the front element.

Steve.

Yes I believe it is but would need to do some homework on it before I have a play...wouldn't wanna damage it!

EDIT.....Aint Google just ace!, yep it becomes a 265mm with the front lens removed (y)

EDIT EDIT: Reading further, I don't think it is convertible, (not that I bought it as being so). At 265mm it would have a wide open aperture of F/12 and as such a secondary set of apertures would be marked on the lens...There aint any said markings!

Last edited:
If a lens board came with it that was a good price.

The Symmar lenses were convertible the Symmar S ones are not most likely as they realized most people would rather not compromise on quality.

Coooool....i don't often fall lucky with "good prices"

Just a little Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa, small but weighs as much as a small car.....

VVIIa by andysnapper1, on Flickr

It weighs the same as a large format kit.....:D Just slightly more compact.

Just a little Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa, small but weighs as much as a small car...

I have a few of these. They are great... and worth looking for on eBay as most sellers think they are broken as they need a film in them to cock the shutter - leading to a low price!

Steve.

I think that of all the camera brands Voigtlander are my favourite, even the modern Cosina rangefinders have a certain something about them that I love... I miss my R3A....:(

I too have a new toy from @EdBray , (and, again I must thank him for all the bulk film loaders, extra film, light box, books etc that I collected from him yesterday) (y)
It's been a difficult start to the year for me, what with my mother dying on New Years Eve a few hours after emergency surgery, and my cat being involved in a car 'bump' which resulted in his leg being amputated, so, I decided to treat myself and the chance to be able to own, and afford a Leica(let alone a complete Leica outfit) doesn't come around very often....
So, thanks Ed... :)

16747944636_be98b120bc_b.jpg

Darn it, I was keeping an eye on the classifieds waiting for the promised Leica to appear... but if a full set like that, no way could I have afforded it!

Obviously Ed is a dangerous man to visit!

But Lee, sorry to read of those troubles, I'm sure we all hope things look up from here on in.

Lee...WOW..I do not want a Leica..I do not want a Leica..I do not want a Leica..I do.....bugger...

Lol Trevor... I was the same when I saw it. I don't 'need' a Leica, nor will it make me take better photos... but, I sure wanted one, and, it is lovely.

Darn it, I was keeping an eye on the classifieds waiting for the promised Leica to appear... but if a full set like that, no way could I have afforded it!

But Lee, sorry to read of those troubles, I'm sure we all hope things look up from here on in.

Thank you Chris... things are slowly getting back to normal.
I think I got a bargain really with the Leica...
And, Leica aside... I have brought home at least 4 box of 'goodies' from Ed, he has been very generous and I can't thank him enough for that.

That,s a great addition to anyone,s arsenal of camera,s,well done and congrats,If I had seen the offer I would have bought that at top dollar in an instant.(y)

Ditto! I'm glad the temptation has been taken away from me...

At the end, Lee did have to pry it from my fingers. :(

But, I am really glad it has gone to a good home :angelic: and with a little mentoring I'm sure she will soon be using it ala Cartier-Bresson.

At the end, Lee did have to pry it from my fingers. :(

But, I am really glad it has gone to a good home :angelic: and with a little mentoring I'm sure she will soon be using it ala Cartier-Bresson.
Well Ed, I sure am glad you also gave me all those bulk film loaders loaded with film, because I now have plenty of film to be practising with.

Happy Birthday Carl, that's one cool present I look forward to seeing the results from it.

Back