OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Picked up a Shen-Hao 5x4 for a bit of fun when the weather gets better:

2zz7ndx.jpg

mling7.jpg

I very much like the look of that and will be very interested to see the results. Well done.(y)

PS. What lens have you got?

PS. What lens have you got?

Haven't bought the lens yet as it caught me by surprise when it came up for sale locally so I bought the camera last night and the guy chucked in 25 sheets of Ilford black and white film. I'm thinking a 150mm maybe from Mr Cad or ffordes but not decided on what yet.

Haven't bought the lens yet as it caught me by surprise when it came up for sale locally so I bought the camera last night and the guy chucked in 25 sheets of Ilford black and white film. I'm thinking a 150mm maybe from Mr Cad or ffordes but not decided on what yet.

135mm to 180mm is a good start. I don't really like 150mm its a bit too in between for my preference.

135mm to 180mm is a good start. I don't really like 150mm its a bit too in between for my preference.

135mm would be good,but,budget is important,so 150mm at the right price gets you going. If you do not mind me asking how much did you pay?

I noticed that folding it up, good spot. It was an interesting experience just folding it back down. Between the camera and the Arca Cube head movements it feels like a a puzzle I'm trying to complete.

135mm tend to have relatively speaking smaller image circles while 180mm lens are in general in Copal 1 rather than Copal 0 so a bit bigger and 400th of a second max shutter speed not that that is generally an issue.

Commercial cameras have a Toyo 10x8 field camera if you are still looking

http://www.commercialcameras.co.uk/used.html#lar

135mm tend to have relatively speaking smaller image circles while 180mm lens are in general in Copal 1 rather than Copal 0 so a bit bigger and 400th of a second max shutter speed not that that is generally an issue.

Commercial cameras have a Toyo 10x8 field camera if you are still looking

http://www.commercialcameras.co.uk/used.html#lar

Cheers for the link and your help abbandon I'll still keep my eye open for a 10x8. I ordered some new dark slides and film from Mr Cad. Got a loupe, lens and release cable on the way. Hopefully be here tomorrow.

Excuse the iPhone pics.

First trip out today with the Texas Leica just purchased from @djguru - negs hanging up now but I messed up and in my excitement let the dev tank unscrew as I was pulling the cap off to put the developer in :(

10476456_934355483262240_1837623729936115040_n.jpg

Excuse the iPhone pics.

First trip out today with the Texas Leica just purchased from @djguru - negs hanging up now but I messed up and in my excitement let the dev tank unscrew as I was pulling the cap off to put the developer in :(

10476456_934355483262240_1837623729936115040_n.jpg

To be fair you need to put it beside a 35mm RF then it look like a monster!

@Laudrup - Would you mind measuring your Shen Hao when it's folded and letting me know the dimensions, please?

I had a quick measure and it is 170mm x 170mm x 100mm and weighs 2.4 Kgs. I put some specs and pics to give an idea of relative size here:

According to Shen-Hao the specs are:

Bellow Extension: 50 - 360mm

Front Set Movements:Rise 37mm, Fall 32mm, Tilt forward 90°, Tilt backward 45°, Swing ±17°

Rear Set Movements:Rise 45mm, Swing ±20° , Tilt forward 90°, Tilt backward 20°, Shift ±40mm

219z9c0.jpg

2m6qyon.jpg

Link to camera website: http://www.shen-hao.com/PRODUCTSabout.aspx?i=950&id=n3

That looks just the sort of size I was thinking off getting.....

Stop tempting me, get the behind me large format devil

Here's my newest toy, Beautyflex D TLR [sorry, couldn't be bother doing full studio set, just grabbed a light and bit of acrylic hanging around from shoots earlier in the week]

Blimey. When I think of some of the shonky phone images of new kit I've uploaded in the past ... I really must review my standards :confused:

Edit to add, I love the little film reminder in the focus wheel. :)

Blimey. When I think of some of the shonky phone images of new kit I've uploaded in the past ... I really must review my standards :confused:

Edit to add, I love the little film reminder in the focus wheel. :)

Have a look at my TLR thread, the photo n there is a phone pic :LOL: These took 2 minutes, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered, the flash/stand/triggers were already set up, even the camera still had the sender on the hotshoe [utter tiredness and laziness on my part earlier in the week, hadn't put it all away properly], so just sat it on the acrylic on dining room table, switched them on and pressed the button.

I think the focus wheel is my favourite bit, well, that and its specific model name :whistle:

I do not need any more cameras. I do not need any more cameras. I do not want need any more cameras!!!

Like the "Texan Leica" monicker for the Fuji 6x9 and the idea of a TLR. However, I'm not sure what local D&P resources there are these days let alone whether they can handle MF film.

I do not need any more cameras. I do not need any more cameras. I do not want need any more cameras!!!

Like the "Texan Leica" monicker for the Fuji 6x9 and the idea of a TLR. However, I'm not sure what local D&P resources there are these days let alone whether they can handle MF film.

I use AG or Peak, send them off, just like the good old days, for dev and scan, although about to buy my own scanner as that is the killer part of the costs, its about 2-3 squids a roll to develop but another 5-6 to have them scanned too. Prints I chose later if I want them.

Oh yeah and its about time for some divine justice, I have all that Nikon stuff because of YOU!!

The flickr title was wrong on the above it is actually a 503 cw.

My finger just slipped and I seem to have bought a Nikon F100. [emoji4][emoji21]
I plan on using my modern lenses with it and introducing some film into my wedding work. If I don't like it, I doubt I'll lose too much.

Back