OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

My new toys today we're this Olympus OM10 with 50mm f1.8 and Manual Adapter for £9.99 and this Snickers camera for £2.99.

Not pictured, but it also came today, is a Nikon Nikkor 85mm f2 Ai. I only bought it at about 11PM on Thursday and wasn't expecting delivery until next week. Time to take my FM2 out to play again.IMG_20181201_205918.jpegIMG_20181201_204216.jpeg

We share a birthday Fraser! Happy belated birthday.

I bought myself a Nikon F2, haven’t taken photos of it yet but I think it may be my favourite Nikon SLR since it seems to combine everything I like about the F and FM lines.

:) Happy Birthday as well Lloyd!

The Nikon F2 is just a bit more desirable :) Is she a nice one? (need pics!)

:) Happy Birthday as well Lloyd!

The Nikon F2 is just a bit more desirable :) Is she a nice one? (need pics!)

Yup, love how stealthy it looks. Wanted the plain prism since it's a little smaller and the viewfinder display is very minimal:

5xlW1fI.jpg

Yup, love how stealthy it looks. Wanted the plain prism since it's a little smaller and the viewfinder display is very minimal:

5xlW1fI.jpg

Very good looking camera Lloyd, did it come with the Voigtlander or did you source that separately and is it a Nikon fit or do you use an adapter?

Thanks, I sourced the Voigtländer separately from Ffordes a few months back, it’s a native Nikon fit and it’s quickly become my favourite lens.

Yes they are a great performing lens,I love them.

While on a visit to the coast with my FM2n and a few lenses, I nipped into the local Cash Converters and spotted a Yashica Mat in it's case for £29.99. It seems to be in great working order and in great condition.

As I didn't want to carry it around all day I've just put a deposit down it. It'll be company for my other Yashica TLRs the 635 and the E.

Coincidentally I did buy another Yashica today. On my way there I stopped off at a car boot sale and bought an AF-J compact camera.

Rightio then, my friend at work decided against selling her kit and gave a chunk of it to me. I've got a Ricoh SLX500 which has jammed with the mirror up, a Minolta SRT101 with a lens thats taken a beating but appears to work otherwise, and a yashica 124g thats seen better days but apart from a slightly wobbly shutter button, which doesn't return immediately, and sticky slow speeds, it seems to work ok. I

I am, as they say, a happy bunny.

I've just tested this with some batteries and got no response, oh well another 50p down the drain.
One of my tried and tested methods of mending old cameras is a sharp slap to the base followed by a firm slap, a hard slap, bashing on the floor and so on until I am too tired to continue or the camera gives in and starts working. Works more often than you might think. I try more gentle methods first, of course.

If you are really brave, remove the base plate and blow out the debris. Bits of film collect down there and can get in the way of electrical contacts.

Last edited:
One of my tried and tested methods of mending old cameras is a sharp slap to the base followed by a firm slap, a hard slap, bashing on the floor and so on until I am too tired to continue or the camera gives in and starts working

Sounds like the procedure to get a T90 working :D

One of my tried and tested methods of mending old cameras is a sharp slap to the base followed by a firm slap, a hard slap, bashing on the floor and so on until I am too tired to continue or the camera gives in and starts working. Works more often than you might think. I try more gentle methods first, of course.

If you are really brave, remove the base plate and blow out the debris. Bits of film collect down there and can get in the way of electrical contacts.
I actually knocked it off the chair arm onto the floor just after I'd posted this and thought I'd try again just in case. I did get a bit of noise as it tried to load a film and a flash button popped up but that's it so far. I'll keep trying.

Another knock off the chair arm has got it working, sort of. It will sometimes fire and not wind on, until you close the cover. It seems to be clearing up the more it's used. It's not in great condition anyway but for 50p I thought I'd take the risk. [emoji846]1544358148164.jpeg

Another knock off the chair arm has got it working, sort of. It will sometimes fire and not wind on, until you close the cover. It seems to be clearing up the more it's used. It's not in great condition anyway but for 50p I thought I'd take the risk. [emoji846]View attachment 139983

Well I stopped buying compacts at the bootie as if e.g. bought them for 50p it cost too much in film to check them out...unless you have a film set aside for compacts and rewind after about 6 shots for each camera.

Well I stopped buying compacts at the bootie as if e.g. bought them for 50p it cost too much in film to check them out...unless you have a film set aside for compacts and rewind after about 6 shots for each camera.
I have HP5 in a bulk loader, I can always use that and make short rolls. I also have the My Heart film from China which was supposed to be 27 exposure rolls but is rebranded 18 exposure Ferrania.

I found this out after shooting a roll in the T70 given to me by Nico. I only got 15 shots off it.

Last edited:
I have HP5 in a bulk loader, I can always use that and make short rolls. I also have the My Heart film from China which was supposed to be 27 exposure rolls but is rebranded 18 exposure Ferrania.

I found this out after shooting a roll in the T70 given to me by Nico. I only got 15 shots off it.

Crikey Steve - you have that many cameras I am aghast as to when you can get to use them all! I currently have three with a fourth arriving but all ready planing to sell one as I find using three hard work! Looking to cut back on 35mm cameras at the moment and just mainly use medium format.

It's not using the cameras that's the issue so much as paying to get the film developed, or getting round to developing the black and white myself.

I still have unfinished rolls in my Yashica 635 and E, my Bronica SQ-A, My Kiev 60 and my Mamiya C220.

Last edited:
Huge thanks to @Andysnap for the delivery of this stunning camera - I am absolutely thrilled with it and can't wait to start using it:

s-l1600 by Fraser White, on Flickr

This is all @simon ess fault! I spent Saturday morning green with envy at his version which convinced me to buy one.

Presumably the VA from WYC that was being discussed the other day?

Very nice Fraser and in vgc by the looks of it.

Did the filter and shade ( Rollei or generic? come with it?

I bought mine with box and ever ready leather case but sold them as they served me no purpose whatsoever.

Presumably the VA from WYC that was being discussed the other day?

Very nice Fraser and in vgc by the looks of it.

Did the filter and shade ( Rollei or generic? come with it?

I bought mine with box and ever ready leather case but sold them as they served me no purpose whatsoever.

Hi Asha - I actually cancelled the WYC order as I found Andy was selling this and it is in fantastic (near mint!) condition with all the pictured accessories - I am so happy with it :)

After another trip further down the coast, Whitby this time, I returned with yet another Yashica. An Electronic 35 GT to go with my GTN, only £10. I still need to test the meter though.IMG_20181210_185143.jpeg

Hi Asha - I actually cancelled the WYC order as I found Andy was selling this and it is in fantastic (near mint!) condition with all the pictured accessories - I am so happy with it :)

I wonder how long it'll be before @Andysnap regrets selling and starts searching for another 'cord......I'll give him 'til end of January:D

I wonder how long it'll be before @Andysnap regrets selling and starts searching for another 'cord......I'll give him 'til end of January:D

Nah, I've had 3 or 4 already and I've got a flex and a baby Rollei so it can go to a good home and be used. :D

A very nice looking camera there Fraser. (y) I predict a possible F&C TLR shoot-out meet-up when spring arrives and it gets light enough to start using 100 ISO film again. :)
Becoming a bit of a Rollei fanboi at the moment !

Spring! that's six months away in the UK :-(

I'm sure we can manage sooner than that - I do enjoy the two meets I've attended :)

Not quite ISO 100 - a bit faster at 125 (FP4) January 15th, Yorkshire.

LF01-0091s.jpg

Definitely, I reckon the bloke typing the label must have meant to type £39.99. The shop assistant said it can't be a Nikon when I asked to see it, and then said he would have bought it himself, if he'd seen it.

Definitely, I reckon the bloke typing the label must have meant to type £39.99. The shop assistant said it can't be a Nikon when I asked to see it, and then said he would have bought it himself, if he'd seen it.

A few years ago @ Cashconrverter saw a Canon Fdn 50mm (as new in the front window ) with a weird price tag of something like £1.98..well either the guy thought it wasn't working as the iris controls don't move to operate the iris off camera or it was a mistake in the price..Of course I bought it (y)

A few years ago @ Cashconrverter saw a Canon Fdn 50mm (as new in the front window ) with a weird price tag of something like £1.98..well either the guy thought it wasn't working as the iris controls don't move to operate the iris off camera or it was a mistake in the price..Of course I bought it (y)
I have had a Pentax Takumar 50mm f1.4 for £1 in the past. I bought a Spotmatic body to put it on.

You do find some amazing bargains in there and you're right about the aperture. If you're lucky they'll have an FD teleconverter and if you put that on it should open the aperture.

I have been very well behaved recently so I thought I aught to treat myself - three "new" cameras. First, a FED 35A rangefinder camera that works well in manual but only sporadically in automatic mode, then, continuing a Ukrainian theme, a Kiev 35A folding camera that works fine (apparently rather unusual) and finally a Ricoh 35 Flex leaf shuttered SLR (rather like a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex) which also works well.
P1050192.jpeg

P1050200.jpeg P1050199.jpeg P1050198.jpeg

Back