OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

It works! I am always at least a bit surprised when a new old camera actually does what it should. I have a film in it at the moment and have taken some pictures of freezing fog. Tomorrow I am hoping there will be something visible I can photograph with the rest of the test film.
Works a bit. I have just discovered that the iris diaphragm blades are sticking and all the shots so far have been at 3/3.5. With a bit of fiddling the diaphragm now works as it should and the second half of the test film should be better.

I gave into G.A.S. and spent a whole £10 on eBay and the parcel finally arrived today. I won a nice set of Hoya filters (yellow/ orange/ red/ colour correction), a B+W skylight and a Hama polariser. They came with screw on end caps to allow the filters to be screwed together and then the caps screw on to protect the filters at the front and back. All 62mm size for when I want to go walkabout with my Bronica etrsi and don't want to use the clumsy cokin system. Given that these usually sell for about £10 each on eBay I think I've done pretty well.

I received a parcel from eBay today too, this nice Lomo LCA. The Zenith sticker identifies it as a UK import. I like the brown leather and it only cost £31. I know, it's £26 more than I usually pay for my cameras but I saw it and wanted it.

It's now loaded with Lady Grey, as I had some handy, and this was the camera that started the whole movement, I thought it was fitting.

Before anyone says it, no I don't think it was this actual camera, though you never know [emoji848]IMG_20190215_183228.jpeg

I came away with a set of Yashica Close Up 1 filters from Real Camera today. I've already got a set of Rolleinar Close Up 2 filters, but they're possibly a little to close focussing for portraits, with the DOF being really shallow and causing some distortion to features (although they do look quite nice nontheless). They were'nt really a bargain though, more a case of some GAS burning a hole in my pocket while I was browsing the shop.

About 10 years ago I bought a Canon T90 which worked well for about 6 weeks until it developed the EEE fault and refused to work ever again. I tried all the internet folklore 'remedies', short of animal sacrifice and burying a potato on Walpurgisnacht, all to no avail.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a 'not working' T90 which wouldn't power up for £14 on ebay, hoping to maybe swap the shutter block on to my old one. However taking the battery tray from my original one and putting in the new one, produced a fully functional camera. Now, after a quick dab with a soldering iron, to leave the leader out on rewind, I have the camera I always wanted 10 years ago. I guess I can look forward to another 6 weeks of fruitful photography.

Last edited:
The T90 was probably the best non AF camera ever made in what it can do, and the T90 flashgun is very good as well.
The problem you might have had was not the shutter magnets sticking, but small rubber washers that go gooey over time in the shutter mechanism and stopped the shutter working. As you know banging the camera etc to get it firing can work but there is no cure for gooey rubbers other than a strip down

Been in Boots today and spotted a couple of triple packs of Lomography Lady Grey 400ASA B&W film for £5 each on the sales shelf. One is due to expire in February but the other has until March 2020. I guess they didn't expect them to have different dates.

I wonder if any others have done the same?

I was at Boots today and bought their last remaining 3-pack of Lady Grey 400. The shelf price was £5 but at the till it came up as just £2 - result !

The expiry date (in tiny lettering) is 09/2019 and the box says "made in the Czech Republic" so it has to be Foma.

Last time I looked in our local Boots they had the BOGOHP offer on. If interested, maybe worth taking 3 films to the till...

Quate sculptural.....I think

15d3m8w.jpg

I was at Boots today and bought their last remaining 3-pack of Lady Grey 400. The shelf price was £5 but at the till it came up as just £2 - result !

The expiry date (in tiny lettering) is 09/2019 and the box says "made in the Czech Republic" so it has to be Foma.
I visited one of our 2 Boots stores today, but the only Lomography film they had was a 3 pack of 120 colour film at £17.99. I checked out the small print and it said it was made in China.

Out and about today, I found this Nikon F-601M body still in it's box with battery, books and original warranty for £24.99 at Cash Converters. I had my F80 with me with my 50mm f1.8 AF-D and Tamron AF 19-35mm f3.5-4.5 so I ran a roll of Fuji c200 through it and everything appears to be working.

This is the manual focus version of the F-601. It has no AF, no built in flash and no spot metering, and a split image for focussing. Otherwise it's identical.IMG_20190223_194956.jpeg

H'mm so it just an ordinary Nikon camera ;)
Fairly standard, I can use my Ai lenses on it and my G lenses in P or Pm mode. It reminds me of my f-301 but with an LCD and a 223 battery.

From what I've read the F-601 had a fairly loud AF so I think I've got the right one. I have an F-401 and that's quite loud. I'm sure if I come across a standard F-601 it'll still end up joining the family though.

I quite like the quaintness of this accessory on my new (to me) camera - a Kodak Film Pod, which attaches to the camera strap and has space for 2x 35mm rolls.

I have never ever shot enough - on film or digital - to need 72 spare frames hanging on my strap. But I like it!

p.s. it isn't that big or bulky - it's just the photo

20190302_162551_edit_2000px.jpg

I think Ive got one of those somewhere, I'm pretty sure it came free with a multi-pack of film back in the late 70's or it may have been a magazine freebie.

Not been around these parts for a while, but excited to show my latest acquisition! I know they go for crazy money but I got an offer that was too good to refuse. I used to have a G1 which was excellent, and I should have never sold it and have regretted it since so when this came available I jumped at the opportunity! It's come in its original case/box, has a soft case and a (N)ever ready case too along with a plain and a date back which is nice. Not something I would necessarily use and I think I prefer the plain but its nice all the same. I just need a little strap for it, I was thinking of one of the corded hand ones or if anyone else has suggestions then I'm all ears!

It’s a beautiful little thing that genuinely goes in my pocket which is perfect. Good feel to it, nice weight and feels good in the hand for something so small.

I've shot a roll so far but haven't had it developed yet, was planning on sending it to FilmDev unless anybody can tell me why I shouldn't!

ContaxT2 by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

Last edited:
They are gorgeous looking cameras and I keep thinking about getting a G1 but I know that if I do then I'll have to sell some medium format stuff.... decisions, decisions:thinking:

They are gorgeous looking cameras and I keep thinking about getting a G1 but I know that if I do then I'll have to sell some medium format stuff, then save up YET again to re purchase it all.... decisions, decisions:thinking:

:LOL:

They are gorgeous looking cameras and I keep thinking about getting a G1 but I know that if I do then I'll have to sell some medium format stuff.... decisions, decisions:thinking:

The G1 is a beauty, a hefty little thing but really nice. It’s not the bodies so much that are expensive, it’s the lenses :LOL: For me though, I know if I had an interchangeable lens system I’d end up with alsorts costing a fortune; I quite like that this is a 38mm and that’s that :D

I picked up a Leningrad 4 lightmeter for 50p and a Nikon Nuvis S for £2 at the car boot sale this weekend. Over the last week I've bought a KMZ universal turret viewfinder and a Zoom-Nikkor 35-135mm f3.5-4.5 for £25 each from eBay. Delivery times are getting better, they both arrived at their collection point next day. It's handy that I can collect them from a shop around the corner from where I work which is open until midnight.IMG_20190304_204649.jpegIMG_20190304_204514.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked up a Leningrad 4 lightmeter for 50p and a Nikon Nuvis S for £2 at the car boot sale this weekend. Over the last week I've bought a KMZ universal turret viewfinder and a Zoom-Nikkor 35-135mm f3.5-4.5 for £25 each from eBay. Delivery times are getting better, they both arrived at their collection point next day. It's handy that I can collect them from a shop around the corner from where I work which is open until midnight.View attachment 238907View attachment 238908

Also means the OH doesn't so easily find out what you've bought!

Manwithacam I'm looking for an LCA to go with my collection of cameras Made by Lomo, make sure you post up you results with this camera on show us your film photos ,I'll be interested in seeing the results

Manwithacam I'm looking for an LCA to go with my collection of cameras Made by Lomo, make sure you post up you results with this camera on show us your film photos ,I'll be interested in seeing the results
It still has its first film in it, a roll of Lady Grey, with 20 shots to go. It's always in my jacket pocket though. In the meantime this page has a couple of sample pics using this combination.

https://austerityphoto.co.uk/the-lady-goes-east-the-curious-tale-of-lomography-lady-grey/

Another recent acquisition, Kiev 4. Took a gamble on sold-as-seen for less than£20. Sure enough, it was not working. But many q-tips, and much patience later, It's fine bar the rangefinder calibration. A job for another day though!
View attachment 239160
Nice, the KMZ turret finder I bought recently was for my IIA. Mine was £69.99 but it had been serviced. Next I need some lenses.

Just took delivery of a MEOPTA M34 screw in yellow filter for my Elmar 90mm F/4 lens.

It's a make that I've never heard of until today, but it fits perfectly, is clean, wasn't too expensive and I'm confident it will do the job perfectly.

Made by the enlarger people?

Back