OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

It looks a good, sharp little camera and I was tempted myself, but it's not quite as retro stylish as the slightly banana-shaped plastic fantastic that is the Sureshot Supreme. Plus the supreme has a f/2.8 lens too, so I've resisted the temptation of a Z135...so far. :)

It looks a good, sharp little camera and I was tempted myself, but it's not quite as retro stylish as the slightly banana-shaped plastic fantastic that is the Sureshot Supreme. Plus the supreme has a f/2.8 lens too, so I've resisted the temptation of a Z135...so far. :)

I've got 3 compacts with 35mm and a Trip with 40mm, so this was a change with a zoom lens. I sent off for spare batteries for it, and was even moved to order a battery for my Canon Epoca, which has languished in the cupboard for many, many years. :eek:

I've been inspired by @FishyFish photos from his Canon Sure Shot Z135, so I've bought one (against my 35mm downsizing promise) to try out. It arrived on Thursday and I ran a roll of 2010 Agfa APX400 through it yesterday.

View attachment 247171

View attachment 247172

View attachment 247173

Well I considered compact zoom cameras crap until I saw fishyfish's shots, mind you a Olympus compact zoom I bought for my wife gave me that opinion originally after seeing her shots.
You have to laugh at this sale is it really a compact :rolleyes:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLYMPUS-...600300?hash=item546ed363ec:g:Y-4AAOSwd~dcxv5I

Last edited:
Well I considered compact zoom cameras crap until I saw fishyfish's shots, mind you a Olympus compact zoom I bought for my wife gave me that opinion originally after seeing her shots.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLYMPUS-...600300?hash=item546ed363ec:g:Y-4AAOSwd~dcxv5I
That gives my Epoca a run for its money as far as size and looks are concerned. I recall buying the Epoca as I was much taken with autofocus, and it was the only AF cameraa I could afford at the time. :snaphappy: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Canon_Photura/Epoca/Autoboy_Jet

I’ve got an Olympus Superzoom 105 and it’s noticeably soft in comparison with the three Canon Sure Shot models I’ve used (AF35M II, Telemax, & Z135). I sold the AF35M II though as, while it was super sharp and had a faster f/2.8 lens, the older tech meant it was fiddlier to use - and it was VERY loud. The Telemax is far from silent too, but the Z135 is pretty stealthy for a motor driven camera.

There’s a considerable range of Sure Shot models, and I don’t know how they all compare, but I’d happily give any of them the benefit of the doubt.

I’ve got an Olympus Superzoom 105 and it’s noticeably soft in comparison with the three Canon Sure Shot models I’ve used (AF35M II, Telemax, & Z135). I sold the AF35M II though as, while it was super sharp and had a faster f/2.8 lens, the older tech meant it was fiddlier to use - and it was VERY loud. The Telemax is far from silent too, but the Z135 is pretty stealthy for a motor driven camera.

There’s a considerable range of Sure Shot models, and I don’t know how they all compare, but I’d happily give any of them the benefit of the doubt.

IIRC Olympus Superzoom 105 is the one my wife used to use.....so it is a bit crappy then. Anyway she uses a digi now (I didn't buy it) so the 105 is in a drawer somewhere.

So is my Yashica Samurai - and it gets twice the shots per film. With my track record that may mean one keeper per roll, http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Yashica_Samurai_X3.0

:eek: I've only come back to 35mm from MF in about the last 10 years so missed the period for all the beautiful (cough) looking new cameras that were being made :jawdrop: o_O ........true I didn't know they existed and a gap in my knowledge.....erm which I won't miss ;)

:eek: I've only come back to 35mm from MF in about the last 10 years so missed the period for all the beautiful (cough) looking new cameras that were being made :jawdrop: o_O ........true I didn't know they existed and a gap in my knowledge.....erm which I won't miss ;)
I think David's Samurai is winning the "interesting shape" contest so far. o_O

My "camera with an interesting shape" is a Canon Dial half frame; mine has the Bell and Howell fascia. As used professionally by David Bailey.

This one comes in the shape of a book. It has a popup pinhole camera and includes 5 sheets of Ilford Multigrade IV paper. On the back are developing instructions using either a caffenol recipe or regular developer & fixer. It cost me £5 from eBay.IMG_20190607_230648.jpgIMG_20190607_230725.jpgIMG_20190607_230813.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked this up from the Post Office depot. A Nikon F65 body for only £4.00. Adding postage almost doubled the price. Still it's a nice light, quiet camera. Its only disadvantage for me is the DX coding reliance, like the F75.

I took my F75 out with me recently and when I went to reload it found I had Street Candy, Lady Grey, and Retropan none of which have DX coding. It sets the ISO to 100 so you have to adjust it manually.IMG_20190609_144604.jpg

Just picked this up from the Post Office depot. A Nikon F65 body for only £4.00. Adding postage almost doubled the price. Still it's a nice light, quiet camera. Its only disadvantage for me is the DX coding reliance, like the F75.

I took my F75 out with me recently and when I went to reload it found I had Street Candy, Lady Grey, and Retropan none of which have DX coding. It sets the ISO to 100 so you have to adjust it manually.View attachment 247276
Aluminium duct tape cut out to make dx code works OK.

Aluminium duct tape cut out to make dx code works OK.
I bulk roll my HP5 so I try and keep it in 400 ISO canisters, I also have a few Cinestill 800 ones. I know you can buy the DX code stickers too.

I was caught out on this visit. I wasn't even aware the F75 didn't let you adjust the ISO. I'd never needed to before. I use my F80 mainly and this was loaded with colour film, Kodak Ultramax I think. The F75 was taken along with a roll of FP4 loaded.

I bulk roll my HP5 so I try and keep it in 400 ISO canisters, I also have a few Cinestill 800 ones. I know you can buy the DX code stickers too.

I was caught out on this visit. I wasn't even aware the F75 didn't let you adjust the ISO. I'd never needed to before. I use my F80 mainly and this was loaded with colour film, Kodak Ultramax I think. The F75 was taken along with a roll of FP4 loaded.

Try here:

https://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/film/bulk-b-w-film/c39

I've wanted one of these little beasties for ages after borrowing one a while back off @wontolla

i-rmxz3mv-XL.jpg

Did anyone buy a Lab-box? I see they shipped in May. Was it worth the wait? I have a couple of Rondinax tanks, a 135u and a 120 and they don't seem to be much different.

So's a toast rack! Err, actually, when you look closely at both.... :giggle:

Ah but the quest for members here is to find reviews that say the T70 is a loada rubbish :) After all the proof of the pudding is in the eating. (y)

Did anyone buy a Lab-box? I see they shipped in May. Was it worth the wait? I have a couple of Rondinax tanks, a 135u and a 120 and they don't seem to be much different.
I'm waiting on one with a 135 and 120 inserts, nothing in May. I think the shipping is over an extended period. I'll try to do a review once I've had a chance to review it.

I picked up a couple of Nikon F70s with Sigma 28-80 and 28-200 lenses and a Cobra 700AF from my local collection point tonight. They both have sticky backs, one has batteries in and works well enough. I haven't tested the other one or the flash yet.

The picture is cropped from the ebay listing. £35 for the lot, what do you think? Anyone used the Cobra flash? Screenshot_20190611_232826.jpg

I have the cobra 700af and it works well on the Nikon F50 through to F75.

I picked up a couple of Nikon F70s with Sigma 28-80 and 28-200 lenses and a Cobra 700AF from my local collection point tonight. They both have sticky backs, one has batteries in and works well enough. I haven't tested the other one or the flash yet.

The picture is cropped from the ebay listing. £35 for the lot, what do you think? Anyone used the Cobra flash?

The sticky back on my F70 cleaned up a treat with some isopropyl alcohol.

They started shipping in May, mine has yet to appear

Back