OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Well according to the Big Film Database the Agfacolor XRG 200 was discontinued in 1994. So that could have been in there for 25 years.

The camera works perfectly well on all speeds though. It meters with a PX625A even though it says PX62 in the manual. I'm not sure how accurate it is, I haven't compared it to anything yet.

Last edited:
H'mm when do you turn down a good buy when you don't need it (I call it crab)....at our local RSPCA charity shop is a sturdy\heavy SLIK pro tripod in mint condition for £8 but it doesn't have the detachable plate i.e. fixing camera to tripod same as this one below (pic copied from the bay and his tripod is for sale)
tripod.jpg

I have just been given a Praktica MTL5B from a kind lady at work. It also came with 4 rolls of film. (Which is what led me to this wonderful forum, I had to join). Being as I have not shot film since the 1980’s this could be an interesting experiment. I have a light meter so I think I’m good to go. Will someone please hold my coat while I disappear down the rabbit hole as this could be a whole new world for me.

Well done. You'll never look back.

Nothings changed since the 80s, so you won't have any problems. And you may well find that exposure is a lot easier with film (if using negative stock, anyway).

You may find this thread useful.

Well done. You'll never look back.

Nothings changed since the 80s, so you won't have any problems. And you may well find that exposure is a lot easier with film (if using negative stock, anyway).

You may find this thread useful.

Thank you, I will read those treads with interest.

Chinon lenses have a VG reputation according to the digi guys who pixel peep.....I think I have one or two lenses as they are Pentax mount.
Yes, I have the Auto-Chinon 55mm f1.4 which is the Tomioka version and I got for under a fiver. These lenses and the camera are M42 mount though. As well as my CE-II Memotron

I do have a Chinon CE-5, CP-7m and CP-9 AF too which take the Pentax K lenses though I don't think Chinon's AF is compatible with Pentax.

Hiya All,

I’ve acquired some new toys. All unboxed, but unused.

Voigtlander ‘Bessa T’ camera (Leica M mount, no viewfinder, but with a 1.5x magnification rangefinder, and a built-in light meter).

Voigtlander Rapid-Trigger winder/grip.

Voigtlander LTM to M mount adapter.

It pairs quite well with my Bessa R3a.

Now, do I get a 28mm or 25mm lens, and viewfinder - and keep it, or do I sell it on?

Ta,
Shane.

07AA9D3D-5DD0-4F64-A8C7-62E2D8CCDC15.jpeg
D0BAE13F-2708-4C15-9D14-397B6A21A3DE.jpeg
14230BEE-821E-4439-89CF-9A7CA54B2914.jpeg

Last edited:
Well that was quick! Both arrived today, everything is working and looking good apart from that shrinkage around the edges of the leather.View attachment 250376

These post numbers are getting a bit binary, 21 I believe.

Beautiful! How do you find the camera? Something keeps drawing me in to owning an AutoReflex, they keep appearing on my social media feeds and it makes me want one each time :LOL:

It's not too heavy as it's got the same body as the TC. It is shutter priority though and I'd prefer aperture priority. It takes two mercury batteries like the TC or two SR44s in an adapter.

Just waiting to get some film developed now.

Yes, I have the Auto-Chinon 55mm f1.4 which is the Tomioka version and I got for under a fiver. These lenses and the camera are M42 mount though. As well as my CE-II Memotron

I do have a Chinon CE-5, CP-7m and CP-9 AF too which take the Pentax K lenses though I don't think Chinon's AF is compatible with Pentax.

Filmies can have all these excellent lenses but for many of us they work up "no sweat" on film for sharpness or crops as to get the very best out of them the negs would need drum scanning. So for anybody having their negs low scanned to save money, the difference between the best and average lenses is reduced and usually can't see the difference (for sharpness and crops).
But the digi guys don't need drum scanning and can pixel peep results from lenses with their up to 61mp cameras and can see the difference from a top lens and just an average one.
All not fair innit :( as Epson etc will not produce a scanner that can scan equivalent to a drum scanner for about £200

The other really BIG difference between using a lens with a film camera and a digital one is the drag on resolution caused by the film. There's no problem with using an Epson flatbed scanner if you enlarge the film enough to start with; say 5x4 as a starting point :p

The first point was completely serious, by the way.

The other really BIG difference between using a lens with a film camera and a digital one is the drag on resolution caused by the film. There's no problem with using an Epson flatbed scanner if you enlarge the film enough to start with; say 5x4 as a starting point :p

The first point was completely serious, by the way.

Anyway something to think about and not to reply as the subject is off topic and there are forums around that are all about lenses.
So just for thinking and you can get answers off another site:-
Is a top lens (for resolution) better than the normal films we are using of course ignoring special copying films?
And for the digi guys wandering over here:- it seems the digi guys now have cameras that are better than film (analogue) lenses.

Got these two from a friend. Om10, seems to worn but the on/off/check dial is a bit too free spinning.
The om2 is rather battered, the switch is missing, as is the timer switch but, despite them both being quite grubby, they work.
I'm rather happy wanted an omsomething for a few years now20190808_121611.jpeg

Got these two from a friend. Om10, seems to worn but the on/off/check dial is a bit too free spinning.
The om2 is rather battered, the switch is missing, as is the timer switch but, despite them both being quite grubby, they work.
I'm rather happy wanted an omsomething for a few years nowView attachment 252000

My OM-10 has a loose on / off dial too. It works fine, but feels slack. Maybe it’s a design flaw or something.

I had one of those a while back, back when £30 was top dollar for one.
Its a substantial lump for 135, it was heavier than the FM I put it on, so much so that it was more comfortable to carry that set up by holding the lens.
No, it didn't end well, that's M42 for you, FM unscrewed itself in transit and prism butted concrete.
Nice lens but I don't own it or the busted FM anymore, whatever, its still a canny buy at that money...:)

I had one of those a while back, back when £30 was top dollar for one.
Its a substantial lump for 135, it was heavier than the FM I put it on, so much so that it was more comfortable to carry that set up by holding the lens.
No, it didn't end well, that's M42 for you, FM unscrewed itself in transit and prism butted concrete.
Nice lens but I don't own it or the busted FM anymore, whatever, its still a canny buy at that money...:)
Did you use the KP-A/N adapter? That costs almost as much as I paid for this lens on eBay.

Did you use the KP-A/N adapter? That costs almost as much as I paid for this lens on eBay.

Umm, I can't remember, the adapter had optical correction because obviously the FM is Nikon and couldn't achieve infinity focus without it.
Regardless, even with that optic, the lens made sweet ring highlights and bokeh wide open.

10 years ago...:oops: :$

The KP-A/N adapter on eBay was made by KMZ specifically for this lens and looks like it attaches in a similar way to a T2 mount.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/173856030561

I dunno, that just looks like a ring, even if it was M42 to Nikon F it won't achieve infinity focus.
On page 47 of the show us yours, I link to an ebay listing for a Kood M42 to NF adapter with optical element and I say it was "relatively" expensive, but I have no clue what that means...lol

I dunno, that just looks like a ring, even if it was M42 to Nikon F it won't achieve infinity focus.
On page 47 of the show us yours, I link to an ebay listing for a Kood M42 to NF adapter with optical element and I say it was "relatively" expensive, but I have no clue what that means...lol
The M42 mount is attached with 3 screws like a T2 mount and this one goes in it's place. It doesn't adapt the M42 it replaces it.

Well this arrived today - 18 months after I went into the crowd funding project - thought I was never going to see it!

Anyway it will be in classifieds by tomorrow completely unopened if someone fancies it:

full

full

full

full

Well this arrived today - 18 months after I went into the crowd funding project - thought I was never going to see it!

Anyway it will be in classifieds by tomorrow completely unopened if someone fancies it:

full

full

full

full

Glad it arrived safely in the end; I can understand you passing it on as you seem to have that Jobo processing production line at your disposal now. :) Count me out though, I still have a couple of Paterson system 4 tanks that I keep meaning to try again, but the local post box and chosen film lab is easier to use! :chicken:

Is that a ring binding machine I can see in the background? I've put a few reports together with one of those in the past, but switched to a thermal binder around 9 years ago (thermal bound reports take up less shelf space and don't get tangled up with each other) but I only use that about once a year now as reports go out electronically as PDF files these days. How things change.

Last edited:
This was the description of my latest buy off eBay: Nikon F60 35mm SLR film camera body, sold as repair or spares: I tried a batteries in here and there is an error [E] message on the display and also F_ _. I am not sure if this is because there is no lens or something else, but assume the worst, untested any further.

It had a Buy It Now price of £1.49 and had the option to make an offer. I just thought I'd risk it and pay the full amount. [emoji38]

This was the description of my latest buy off eBay: Nikon F60 35mm SLR film camera body, sold as repair or spares: I tried a batteries in here and there is an error [E] message on the display and also F_ _. I am not sure if this is because there is no lens or something else, but assume the worst, untested any further.

It had a Buy It Now price of £1.49 and had the option to make an offer. I just thought I'd risk it and pay the full amount. [emoji38]

E means there is no film in the camera (or it’s not loaded correctly).

F_ _ means no lens, or a non-CPU lens, is attached.

E means there is no film in the camera (or it’s not loaded correctly).

F_ _ means no lens, or a non-CPU lens, is attached.
I know that, he obviously didn't, the F60 was one of the cameras missing from my Nikon AF line up. I have the F401, F50, F501, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F801, F801s, F90 and F90x.

I have the manual focus version of the F601 too, the F601M. I'm still waiting to find an F100 for under £2. [emoji848]

I'd get that F5 for a quid first before I laid out the big bucks for the F100...:)
I only have the F3 in the pro cameras, don't get me started on those. What am I saying, it's probably a bit late for that. I was looking at F4s earlier...[emoji21]

Back