OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

I bought it from MWClassic which was an experience I won't be repeating anytime soon.
It certainly is an “experience” I know people have had less than perfect transactions :LOL: Personally I’ve never had a problem with them but then I only deal with them in person so can always examine the goods before parting with my cash.

But having said that you can pick up some very good bargains, sometimes it’s worth taking the risk.

Last edited:
I have bought a couple of things from MWClassic.

First a Horseman, or was it a Graflex, 6x9 back for my Horseman 760. A 6x7 back arrived. I thought, never mind I can use this. I should really have sent it back. I could use it but I don't as I prefer to use the camera with a 6x9 back.

Secondly an 8 inch large format lens in shutter, also to use on the 760. The glass is great, the simple shutter works fine. Every now and then the front bezel of the lens pops off. I felt confident I could fix it so far I haven't. Should have been another return.

To be fair to them, they have a good range of reasonably priced stock and I don't think they are deliberately negligent (strong words), just a bit loose and fancy free with quality control.

Last edited:
It certainly is an “experience” I know people have had less than perfect transactions :LOL: Personally I’ve never had a problem with them but then I only deal with them in person so can always examine the goods before parting with my cash.

But having said that you can pick up some very good bargains, sometimes it’s worth taking the risk.
To be fair to them, they have a good range of reasonably priced stock and I don't think they are deliberately negligent (strong words), just a bit loose and fancy free with quality control.

Indeed, I didn't want to criticise unduly, it just felt a little chaotic rather than anything else. I ordered the Leicaflex online and when it didn't arrive, I phoned after a couple of weeks, then again after another week so it was almost four weeks before it arrived. Even then it wasn't the one I had ordered but it was fine so I decided to keep it. The one I have here is still on the website for sale and I've had it since the end of February!

I Leica that Leicaflex, its the prettiest one in the lineup
I decided that before I knew it was the reason you posted.
From a purely aesthetic perspective, the R's are just too DSLR for my taste and the RF is fussy eclectic collection of switches, bars, squares and handles.
Less is more...:)

Not a bit, the M2 is the prettiest. :p

IMG_1059 by Des Ferguson, on Flickr

The Leicaflex is the latest addition to the 'family'.

It's not the one that @todders tried to buy from WYCameras. :)
I bought it from MWClassic which was an experience I won't be repeating anytime soon.

Lenses wise, the M2 has a 50mm Summicron, the Leicaflex SL has a 28mm Elmarit, the R4 a 90mm Summicron, the R6 a 35mm Elmarit, the R7 a 50mm Summicron.

Yes that was an experience it not getting that camera, i have dipped my toe in the water though again with my latest from Park Cameras.

After my failed attempt from WYC i have caved in yet again and received today a lovely example of the Rollei QZ35 T 38-90 F2.8-5.6. It came in its orginal packaging with flash, warranty card and basic instruction manuall. It also has a tie pin badge as well with the letter R. I have loaded it up with some cinestill double x 250 and will take it out for a run around my deseted car park at work tomorrow.

After uploading the picture it looks like the the front of the glass is smashed, iam hoping it is just the light and the aperture blades. I will have to wait until the morning as my wife does not know i have this yet. :) Iam sure it is fine i would have noticed this i think.

6EtNJiU.jpg

YXUBpJs.jpg
j5to4zR.jpg

Last edited:
My latest buy is an Olympus OM Zuiko Auto-T 135mm f3.5 for my OM cameras. I'm surprised I don't already have one. Here it is on my Olympus OM-2 Spot Program with an Olympus Y48 yellow filter on.IMG_20200418_190903.jpg

There's been way too much talk on here recently about 6x9 cameras, and I've had to scratch the itch. Apparently made between 1952 and 1955, this Ensign Selfix 820 is much the same age as me, but appears to be in better condition. :whistle:

20200418_173753-tp-copy.jpg

It's almost a badge of honour/failure to miss a frame through the red window, so I did that with my very first shot. In my defence, I had loaded it with HP5+ which has relatively faint grey numbering in comparison to Acros, but I wanted the faster film for hand holding.

20200418_161458-tp.jpg

I haven't quite mastered the viewfinder yet, so the Culloden House Hotel chimneys have been cut off in their prime. :asshat:

img254-copy-tp.jpg

A delicious new toy has been dispatched today from the uk.
French govt has been contacted to clarify that it is “an essential parcel” and it has to bypass the snail paced postal system in place atm. LOL
More info once it arrives ........don’t hold your breath as it could be a while:(

Rather than “new”, it’s more “repurposed” :0)

IMG_3673.JPG

IMG_3674.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

Seeing as my Kiev88 ate its’ own second curtain, I designed an adaptor tube to mount its’ Volna-3 80/2.8 lens to my Mamiya M645. One end has a printed Mamiya mount, the other uses the metal lens mount off the Kiev88.

The aperture blades have always been sticky, through a combination of slightly oily blades and overstretched return springs, so I can manually stop the lens down to the selected aperture when I’m ready to expose the frame.

Not a perfect solution, but an hour of print time saved me over £100 on a Mamiya 80/2.8 for now :0)

View attachment 276038

View attachment 276039

View attachment 276040

Seeing as my Kiev88 ate its’ own second curtain, I designed an adaptor tube to mount its’ Volna-3 80/2.8 lens to my Mamiya M645. One end has a printed Mamiya mount, the other uses the metal lens mount off the Kiev88.

The aperture blades have always been sticky, through a combination of slightly oily blades and overstretched return springs, so I can manually stop the lens down to the selected aperture when I’m ready to expose the frame.

Not a perfect solution, but an hour of print time saved me over £100 on a Mamiya 80/2.8 for now :0)
I'll have a look and see if I have a spare one, Steve

Just arrived - an Intrepid Black edition. Amazingly light and seems pretty rigid. Should be a good choice for walking about. One day I may find out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just arrived - an Intrepid Black edition. Amazingly light and seems pretty rigid. Should be a good choice for walking about. One day I may find out, but I'm not holding my breath.

h'mm I've forgotten what you were getting :D maybe should mention re-********* ;)

There's been way too much talk on here recently about 6x9 cameras, and I've had to scratch the itch. Apparently made between 1952 and 1955, this Ensign Selfix 820 is much the same age as me, but appears to be in better condition. :whistle:

View attachment 275763

It's almost a badge of honour/failure to miss a frame through the red window, so I did that with my very first shot. In my defence, I had loaded it with HP5+ which has relatively faint grey numbering in comparison to Acros, but I wanted the faster film for hand holding.

View attachment 275764

I haven't quite mastered the viewfinder yet, so the Culloden House Hotel chimneys have been cut off in their prime. :asshat:

View attachment 275765
Just awaiting my film back from the chemists taken with the Ensign 820 Special (my first film with it). My "badge of honour" mistake was not winding it on before I closed the bellows. It took ages for me to work out why the shutter wouldn't release next time I opened it! Thus wasting a frame. Strangely enough, I found I could see the frame numbering relatively easily, and I too was using HP5+.

A Canon AT-1 which I have never heard of before I came across this one. It appears to be a Canon AE-1 without the automatic exposure system. It still has a TTL light meter but the camera is entirely manual - like a proper camera should be. All appears to work as it should and shall be trying it out with film this afternoon on my statutory walk.
JPEG_20200423_111100_1645363084631384438.jpg20200423_110425.jpg20200423_110519.jpg

A Canon AT-1 which I have never heard of before I came across this one. It appears to be a Canon AE-1 without the automatic exposure system. It still has a TTL light meter but the camera is entirely manual - like a proper camera should be. All appears to work as it should and shall be trying it out with film this afternoon on my statutory walk.
View attachment 276191View attachment 276189View attachment 276190

I had a couple in the old days as back ups mainly before I got my 2nd and 3rd F1ns they are a great camera match needle metering like you say an AE1 without the AE.

View attachment 276191View attachment 276189View attachment 276190

In 1980, when upgrading from my first 35mm SLR, I was going to buy one of these. It sat in Canon's A-series line-up between the AV1 and the AE1 price wise. In the end, I carried on saving and went for the A1 instead.

Really pleased to get this as I've been after a reasonably priced one for a while. Lens and soft release are mine. Rest is new! (to me) Works a treat too.
IMG_1376.jpg

That's the F1n isn't it? I've got the original F1.

That's the F1n isn't it? I've got the original F1.

It is. And it's jolly nice. All I need (want) now is the 35mm f/2 and the 100mm f/2.8 and I'm set. And if I can overcome my stupidity to re-buy the 24mm f/2.8 I may do that too.

£1 max selling fee this weekend so I might even be able to raise the funds!

I've got the 35mm f/2 and really like it. The 50mm lens I have is the 55mm f/1.2 SSC ASP which is wonderful (in my opinion) even if heavy.

The 50mm lens I have is the 55mm f/1.2 SSC ASP which is wonderful (in my opinion) even if heavy.

I think some of the FD lenses are little hidden heroes. The big aperture ones (50 1.2L & 85 1.2L) still command premium prices but the rest are absolute bargains.

I think some of the FD lenses are little hidden heroes. The big aperture ones (50 1.2L & 85 1.2L) still command premium prices but the rest are absolute bargains.
I think you're right there. For instance, just put that FD 35-70 f/4 you've got on your F1, load up a film, shoot, and be prepared to be delighted. Trust me, if it's anything like the one I've got.

Here's one I took with it on Ektar 100 a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

View attachment 276038

View attachment 276039

View attachment 276040

Sorry, no spare 80mm but I do have a spare 150mm if you are interested?
Going free to a good home :)

There are very few lemons in Canon range of lenses..erm come to think of it same for Minolta, Nikon and Olympus, Leica, Contax and so on with the big names ;), but I have some lenses with large apertures e.g. 24mm f2 and found they would have been more uselful in the old days for low light...well my Pentax S3 didn't have a built in flash shoe and who wanted to use flash using bulbs. The only reason I can think of using a lens wide open is to get a glow (my 24mm f2 gives this) or a situation where you want to isolate everything at maximum except the subject.
...and hate to say it but if I was into low light shots would probably use a digi as I'm not really interested in using b\W film anymore and fast colour film are selling at silly prices :(

Last edited:
Really pleased to get this as I've been after a reasonably priced one for a while. Lens and soft release are mine. Rest is new! (to me) Works a treat too.
View attachment 277245

I've still got one of my (3) Fins from the 80s, I kept one when I went over to digital but sold the other 2 to help fund my digital stuff. I also kept my 24mm 35mm (f2.8) 50mm 85mm and 135 and have recently re-bought a 300 f4. Although I think it is the best 35mm SLR Canon made I don't use the kit much these days as I prefer rangefinders these days but the F1 I kept was the first one I bought so it holds a bit of sentimental value.

A delicious new toy has been dispatched today from the uk.
French govt has been contacted to clarify that it is “an essential parcel” and it has to bypass the snail paced postal system in place atm. LOL
More info once it arrives ........don’t hold your breath as it could be a while:(

IMG_0735.JPG

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sorry, no spare 80mm but I do have a spare 150mm if you are interested?
Going free to a good home :)

No need to apologise at all Ken [emoji1303]

If you’re really not using the 150mm I’d definitely be interested in it. I can pm you my details. Let me know how much postage is and I’ll send it across to you.

Cheers

No need to apologise at all Ken [emoji1303]

If you’re really not using the 150mm I’d definitely be interested in it. I can pm you my details. Let me know how much postage is and I’ll send it across to you.

Cheers
I'll have to figure out how to post it!
Local PO is closed. How is it done nowadays?

PM me your address and I'll send it off this week.

(I'm pretty sure there is meant to be a forum way of doing this)

Last edited:
I believe the official route is via the classifieds...

As to delivery, the two nearest sub post offices to me are in shops that are open, so perhaps you have a local convenience store or newsagent that acts as a post office?

I believe the official route is via the classifieds...

As to delivery, the two nearest sub post offices to me are in shops that are open, so perhaps you have a local convenience store or newsagent that acts as a post office?
Last convenience store with that facility closed a few months back.
I think the Tesco a few miles away has a post box.

I'll have to figure out how to post it!
Local PO is closed. How is it done nowadays?

PM me your address and I'll send it off this week.

(I'm pretty sure there is meant to be a forum way of doing this)

There’s no rush Ken, don’t make a trip out if you don’t need to. We can sort it down the line if that’s safer [emoji1303]

There’s no rush Ken, don’t make a trip out if you don’t need to. We can sort it down the line if that’s safer [emoji1303]
I'll be doing the weekly shop there so it is not out of my way.

Got this lovely Zeiss Contina 1b with an immaculate case and box for £29 (including postage) from Camera House. Hardly any signs of usage and only a few bumps at the back under the covering. The 1/2 and 1 second shutter speeds are a bit sticky but that is probably because it hasn't been used much. The 50/2.8 Novicar lens is in a Prontor SVS shutter which has the automatic shutter speed/aperture EV coupling. Not a problem as my Sekonic meter can be set to give EV values. On the other hand, for the purpose of exposure compensation, there is a button on the lens which decouples the speed and aperture. Lens hood is one I happened to have already. I've just run off a film which I'll process at the weekend.
IMG_1676 copy.jpg

I joined the 6x9 folder club this week when I bought a Zeiss Mess-Ikonta 524/2 camera. Unfortunately, I think it has a fault, so I might be leaving the club shortly too if I return it, I noticed when opening the camera that the lens assembly looks slightly tilted in relation to the back of the camera. It's very slight, but still noticeable to my eye. I shot a roll through the camera to test it and found that the photos are noticeably soft on the left side of the frame compared to the right, which I'm thinking is probably due to the lens not being perfectly parallel to the film plane. I have also heard that you should open the bellows on these cameras before winding the film on, as the action of opening the camera can create a vacuum and pull the film out of alignment. I'm not sure how true this is, but I didn't do this with my first roll, so it might be worth seeing it that makes a difference before asking for a refund.

Anyway, here's the camera:

Zeiss Mess-Ikonta 524-2.jpg

And here are a few shots I've taken with it. There's a definite soft focus to the left side of the frames. The shot of the pylons is probably the best example as everything, left and right, is equally distant from the camera.

Through
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Footbridge

Beighton Station

Trip-trappin' away

Back