Official Talk Leica thread

Edit My Images
Yes
grrrr - annoyed with myself.
just realised that all the photos I processed since I got back from Brasil, I did on a 'restored windows' (not a full re install) and adobe had defaulted back to the original settings (ie cloud push and export from lr in small size) :(
so I try to restore the last 60+ pics to re process and lr refuses due to connection to cloud...
palm, face....
meh
Now I realised it, fixing it, and sort out the rest :) might have slightly more zoom on the pics

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I have the Sonnar and the Planar. - The Planar is a good lens, too.

The Summicron v4 I do not have. I have v5, which is a good lens, but it can flare at times. The Planar is better in this regard.

The Leica Summarit 2,5/50 is also a good lens, if you want a lower-cost Leica, which flares less than the Summicron v5.

You could also consider the VOIGTLÄNDER Apo-Lanthar 2/50 ... ---
Ah, yes, the Summarit, I had forgotten about that. And I didn't now about the Voigtländer in the first place. My goal is to have a lens that 'just works' when I don't want to deal with the focus shift of the Sonnar, preferably also small, fast and with some character (but not too much).

I hadn't thought about the flare of the Summicron, it might not be the 'just works' option I'm looking for...

Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, creativity ... (M9 - Elmarit 2,8/24 asph. f 2,8 ; crops):

L1005280_DxO-L24a-28-c.jpg

L1005281_DxO-L24a-4-c.jpg

(A modern work of art, with a clear message, which is rare ... --- : The creative process has its twists and turns, and does not always move forward.

But ultimately, a perfect spherical object is reached on a higher level. --- My interpretation. - Thank you for your patience ... ;) )

Attachments

Last edited:
Edit My Images
Yes
...I find myself wants a bit more reach... what (in your opinon) is the best 300mm+ lense to look out for (preferably for a reasonable amount)?
(ie r mount or perhaps nikon mount...)
Also, might start a hunt for similar feeling quality of the voigtlander 28mm lens I have... maybe in a 21mm or 50mm. Could just be GAS though :D

Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
...I find myself wants a bit more reach... what (in your opinon) is the best 300mm+ lense to look out for (preferably for a reasonable amount)?
(ie r mount or perhaps nikon mount...)
Also, might start a hunt for similar feeling quality of the voigtlander 28mm lens I have... maybe in a 21mm or 50mm. Could just be GAS though :D
Hi, my best and longest R mount is the LEITZ Telyt-R 5,6/400. This is MF, could be attached to the M with an R->M adapter.

However, (present) Ms having no IS, and being MF leads to low yield...

Nikon mount : I have a 4,5/300 MF NIKKOR, not used for years. SIGMA 150-600 C AF, with IS, used almost daily on the D800.

The Leitz I haven't used for years, too. The SIGMA is big and heavy. I have never taken it outside.

The VOIGTLÄNDER 4/21 Skopar is a good, compact allround lens, when used with care in the sun ... The Apo-Lanthar 2/50 is one of the best 50mm lenses currently available.

Name
Adam Bonn
Edit My Images
No
The Quiet Corner by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Just got back from our holiday!

4.5 days and 640 photos!!! :p

I took only the M240 and the 21/2.8 ZM, the 50/2 ZM and the CV35/1.7 (which is what this was taken with)

First time I left all the M glass at home... didn't suffer for it TBH