Official Talk Leica thread

Hi, my first picture with my new (used) silver M9 - Summicron 2/35 f 2.

What went wrong ??? (The line through the ears of my model)

L1000845_DxO-1-v35c-2-tp.jpg

-Sensor - was new

-SD card - was new and formatted

-Solution - the USB cable plug did not sit properly in its socket during file-transfer from camera to PC. A surprise for me - and a big relief. I take greater care now when plugging it in ... ---

Last edited:
Hi, my first picture with my new (used) silver M9 - Summicron 2/35 f 2.

What went wrong ??? (The line through the ears of my model)

View attachment 267462

-Sensor - was new

-SD card - was new and formatted

-Solution - the USB cable plug did not sit properly in its socket during file-transfer from camera to PC. A surprise for me - and a big relief. I take greater care now when plugging it in ... ---
I've read several times advice not to use the camera to computer transfer method because of issues in transfer, I think it is even in Thorsten Overgard's blog article.

I've read several times advice not to use the camera to computer transfer method because of issues in transfer, I think it is even in Thorsten Overgard's blog article.

Oh! I have done this since 2003, and had this strange problem now for the first time ... --- Things happen (to put it mildly ;) ) ...

Hi, ,,, (Leica M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Nokton 1,2/35 v1 f 1,2 crop) :

L1021537_DxO-v35-c-tp.jpg

The good thing about dull weather: you don't need an ND filter ... --- :)

Last edited:
Here are some taken on my 1986 M6 in Reading, Berkshire on a visit to Son at the University there -- I used my 1988 Summilux 35mm f1.4 except for FIRST one - 1957 90mm f4 Elmar
Ektachrome VS 09.jpgEktachrome VS 12.jpgEktachrome VS 17.jpg

justpix : Many thanks for READING pics -- I will show them to Son who is home here in Brentwood after falling down stairs in his Student House in Reading and broke his heel bone and is on crutches after a dreadful wait in Reading Hospital where he has to be back on Monday for Fracture Clinic and Uni Lectures.

justpix : Many thanks for READING pics -- I will show them to Son who is home here in Brentwood after falling down stairs in his Student House in Reading and broke his heel bone and is on crutches after a dreadful wait in Reading Hospital where he has to be back on Monday for Fracture Clinic and Uni Lectures.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery!

People from Reading might find my pics interesting, too, to see, how the town centre has changed since 1992 ...

Back