Official Talk Leica thread

Back from 9 days in Greece. Started off in Athens, then island hopping from Mykonos, Naxos & Santorini.

Took the M10-P along with 28, 35 & 50mm lenses along with the Ricoh GR3. Ended up as you’d expect using the M a lot more than the GR3 but the little Ricoh did come in useful at times.

End of the day ended up only using the 35 ‘cron almost exclusively!

l1000108.jpeg

Critique.......Sigma 24mm F2 DG DN Contemporary - L Mount

Lovely little lens for the money.

Two problems I have found straight away.

No grip at mount end to aid assembly and disassembly, have to use complete lens with hood reversed.

AF/MF switch in wrong orientation, it's radial so very easy to to switch from AF to MF when assembling.

I spent the whole of my first morning with it in MF when I wanted AF, should have been more attentive I suppose.

The switch should be axial IMVHO.

weight, length quality of pics...?
Critique.......Sigma 24mm F2 DG DN Contemporary - L Mount

Lovely little lens for the money.

Two problems I have found straight away.

No grip at mount end to aid assembly and disassembly, have to use complete lens with hood reversed.

AF/MF switch in wrong orientation, it's radial so very easy to to switch from AF to MF when assembling.

I spent the whole of my first morning with it in MF when I wanted AF, should have been more attentive I suppose.

The switch should be axial IMVHO.

This was taken today with the Sigma 24 f2 on an SL2 at Ely Cathedral in Cambridgeshire.

53057516814_6c60d54df3_b.jpg

After nearly a decade, I'm rejoining the Leica M ownership club.

Just ordered an M11 silver and matching 50mm noctilux 0.95...

Excited is an understatement! Last time I was shooting Leica I had an M9 and a host of different lenses including a 35 cron (which I loved), 90 elm and some Zeiss stuff too.

I've got a Sony A1 which is amazing for wildlife (what I bought it for) but I want the tactile feeling again and to really think about what I'm doing.

Any recommendations on suitable case etc for the M11?

After nearly a decade, I'm rejoining the Leica M ownership club.

Just ordered an M11 silver and matching 50mm noctilux 0.95...

Excited is an understatement! Last time I was shooting Leica I had an M9 and a host of different lenses including a 35 cron (which I loved), 90 elm and some Zeiss stuff too.

I've got a Sony A1 which is amazing for wildlife (what I bought it for) but I want the tactile feeling again and to really think about what I'm doing.

Any recommendations on suitable case etc for the M11?

Welcome back! :) Looking forward to your (shared) experiences!

Hi, a ZÜNDAPP Janus (passengers sit back to back) ... (M9 - Summarit 2,5/35 ; f 2,8 ; crops):

L1011568_DxO-L35s-28-c.jpg

An early transistor radio. In 1962 I got a PHILIPS Dorette, medium and longwave. FM was too expensive then. Radios were classified according to the number of transistors. Mine had 7,
which was necessary for long distance reception. 2 transistor radios worked only in metropolitan areas with a broadcasting station.

Feature based classification such as the number of transistors reminds me of the progress of digital cameras. I started with 5MP, and progressed from there, resting at 45MP ... ---

L1011570_DxO-L35s-28-c.jpg

IMG_8980.jpeg

It’s here. The batteries have 0% charge though so I’m going back to work before playing. Took a few test shots with the first battery and the rendering is absolutely wild with this setup. I have a Sony A1 and 50mm f1.2 GM Lens to do some comparison with when I get round to it but I can safely say the bokeh on this is awesome.

I’ve ordered the thumb support and an oberwerth case and strap to go with it as the weight of the combo is actually more than I expected. Definitely wouldn’t want to have it in one hand as it’s front heavy with the noctilux.

I’ll upload some test shots with it later

View attachment 396453

It’s here. The batteries have 0% charge though so I’m going back to work before playing. Took a few test shots with the first battery and the rendering is absolutely wild with this setup. I have a Sony A1 and 50mm f1.2 GM Lens to do some comparison with when I get round to it but I can safely say the bokeh on this is awesome.

I’ve ordered the thumb support and an oberwerth case and strap to go with it as the weight of the combo is actually more than I expected. Definitely wouldn’t want to have it in one hand as it’s front heavy with the noctilux.

I’ll upload some test shots with it later
Very nice! I look forward to hearing how it performs vs the A1 + GM

L1000008 1.jpgL1000028 1.jpg

Some test shots wide open. If the focus is nailed the lens is incredibly sharp wide open even at 60mp. The bokeh is obviously really nice as well. Looks like my thumb support is delayed by a week which is annoying as the camera is so front heavy with the lens its quite a challenge to hold it steady.

View attachment 396491View attachment 396492

Some test shots wide open. If the focus is nailed the lens is incredibly sharp wide open even at 60mp. The bokeh is obviously really nice as well. Looks like my thumb support is delayed by a week which is annoying as the camera is so front heavy with the lens its quite a challenge to hold it steady.
Obligatory cat test shot! Looks quite contrasty at 0.95 too, very nice.

IMG_8989.jpeg

My oberwerth case and strap just arrived. Lovely quality stuff! No delays at the border either with the import, although UPS didn’t email me to tell me I had to pay the import VAT, instead oberwerth warned me to check the tracking which was good.

The case makes the camera a lot easier to hold with the weight of the 50. Just waiting on the silver thumb support to turn up next week to sort out the remaining ergonomics. I’m in two minds about the visoflex 2. I think I’d only ever use it at night where the rangefinder might really struggle but otherwise I have limited use cases for it at the moment.

For the visoflex 2 vs just using live view - is there an actual benefit?

Back