Official Talk Leica thread

Benefits of the Visoflex over live view:
1. Better visibility in bright conditions
2. Ability to compose from top-down (great for low shots)
2 -> and ceilings such as in churches/cathedrals - no need to lie down, or bend over backwards...
3. allows peeking (zoomed in on focus point plus edging to assist with focus ---- not good in really low light as iso flags up)

Last edited:
We don't know the story but that is a powerful picture to illustrate said story.
Thank you, yes I'm quite pleased with this one... the story isn't anywhere near as bad as it looks, but I thought it might be a compelling image as it came together in front of me

Reactions: zx9
So my M11 has been picked up by DHL this morning and on its way to Leica after I contacted service to report two camera freezes on my first outing with the camera. It’s covered under their “DOA” policy so they’re exchanging it for another new one instead of it being repaired.

Just waiting for them to receive the camera so they can give the green light to send the replacement out from red dot cameras. Both have been superb on aftercare service so far so even though I’m pretty annoyed to have spent nearly £8k on a product with significant issues, they are doing their best to resolve it.

So my M11 has been picked up by DHL this morning and on its way to Leica after I contacted service to report two camera freezes on my first outing with the camera. It’s covered under their “DOA” policy so they’re exchanging it for another new one instead of it being repaired.

Just waiting for them to receive the camera so they can give the green light to send the replacement out from red dot cameras. Both have been superb on aftercare service so far so even though I’m pretty annoyed to have spent nearly £8k on a product with significant issues, they are doing their best to resolve it.
Sorry to hear this, doesn’t seem like you’re put off by the experience though. Hopefully Leica will find a way to resolve these freezing issues as they seem fairly common in the M11.

All products can go wrong, even expensive ones. The litmus test is how well the company sorts the problem

Yeah it’s disheartening but I never had any issues with previous Leica kit so I’ll view it as just a blip. Both Leica customer support and red dot cameras have been superb so far. Normally I buy from Leica direct but red dot have really impressed me and their pricing is also very competitive.

My replacement M11 turns up tomorrow. Awesome customer service from Leica and Reddotcameras. My silver thumb support turned up today also and I really wasn’t prepared for how much it weighs lol.

Ask @trevorbray if he's still drooling after fondling mine this morning :ROFLMAO:

Shouldn't you be keeping that private rather than shouting about it on the web....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm still searching down the back of the sofa....................meanwhile the GFX50S is still going well, and seems to have satisfied my current Monochrom itch!!

Shouldn't you be keeping that private rather than shouting about it on the web....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm still searching down the back of the sofa....................meanwhile the GFX50S is still going well, and seems to have satisfied my current Monochrom itch!!
I was gonna ask you about this.

Nothing much to say, still loving the GFX output, not got enough ££££ so a Q2/Q3 stays in 'when I have enough money' camp. Gone over a year now without buying a camera/lens, and can't see anything on the horizon, thats going to want me dust any moths off!!!
I could have been really cruel today and suggested that Trev meet me outside LCE but my kinder side shone through........

Back