Oh Dear!

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
dsipatched.jpg

The web site says allow 14 -28 days delivery on this item, so I thought I'd better play safe and get it ordered in time for Christmas. However when I hit the 'Buy' button it said 'In stock' ... uh oh!

Now I have a message on the ansaphone saying it wiill be delivered on Monday.

Ho hum. :p

Am I missing something, isn't that good gives you more time to play.

Am I missing something, isn't that good gives you more time to play.

It's good I suppose, but the problem is gonna be stopping Jan from snaffing it and wrapping it in about 3 layers of Christmas paper and 3 rolls of Selloptape. :LOL:

:LOL: Dont worry, Im sure UPS will screw it up for you ;)

Congratulations on the new glass (y)

well if you would like to have it delivered to me I will take special care of it, and deliver it to you nearer christmas.

Isn't that a generous offer?

well if you would like to have it delivered to me I will take special care of it, and deliver it to you nearer christmas.

Isn't that a generous offer?

The genererosity of our members never ceases to amaze me. I'm really choked up. :crying:

:D

I'm a bit surprised, but it seems the only long lenses which are a 'Special Order' are the 600mm F4 and the 400mm 2.8.

Where did you get it in the end sir? Last I read you were gonna go the Jessops route :)

I went with Jessops who are currently offering 10% off and free delivery so it's a pretty good deal - substantially cheaper than Warehouse Express. It's not as cheap as Kerso, but I'm playing safe with this one - any problems and I heave it across the counter at my local branch. ;)

It's good I suppose, but the problem is gonna be stopping Jan from snaffing it and wrapping it in about 3 layers of Christmas paper and 3 rolls of Selloptape. :LOL:

But even wrapped up you can still do some bench presses with it to build up the muscle tone to heft the thing. ;)

I've had play with one of these at Castle Combe, it was absolutely lovely and every bit as brilliant as you're no doubt hoping it's going to be. :clap:

LOL @ Daz. :LOL:

Ian's just been showing me some Red Kite pics taken in Wales with this lens and 1.4TC :eek:

I think he's gonna stick em up in a bit.

Soln:

- Skive off work Monday morning.
- Hang around outside your house looking innocent.
- Wait for the UPS dude to "eventually" show up.
- When he does dive on him, sign the bit of paper and peg it with the parcel.
- In your garage/shed carfully open the parcel, remove the lens from the big White,Red & Black box and replace it with an equivalent weight in bricks. Then re-seal.
- Give Jan the parcel. She can happily wrap you a few bricks in a box and you get to go play.

... Dont see a problem do you?

so thats the type of lens i should be aming for:thinking: if you feel like letting any of your old zoom lens go ill help you mate(y)

... Dont see a problem do you?

I can see a potential problem keeping a pallet of bricks that large hidden till the UPS driver arrives. ;)

LOL @ Odligt. I like it .... devious! :naughty:

Even allowing for the much better light at Gigrin Farm than we had on our visit, that's a cracking shot Ian.

just looked at the link ianc some awsome shots there mate awsome....

These are really huge birds, but even with the 100-400L I couldn't fill the frame and ending up cropping heavily.

^^^ LOL^^^ Check out the 600mm F4 or the 400mm 2.8!

Nice purchase, Just wait till it arrives it will be even bigger than you think, and that new lens smell, :woot: :woot:

I just found something of intrest with my 600L if you stack the 2x + 1.4x both mk2's behind the lens on my 1Dmk2n body the lens is reported as an f8 1200mm not f11 1680mm and the auto focus works, it locked on in low light in the house !!!.

That's interesting then Mark. I wouldn't be exactly heart broken if that proved to be the case with the 500. ;)

That's interesting then Mark. I wouldn't be exactly heart broken if that proved to be the case with the 500. ;)

I never tried it with the 500L

Pic just to keep you going till it arrives

Canon-Super-Telephoto-Lenses.jpg

Picture is ©TheDigitalPicture.com

(shown next to 300f2.8ISL)

Many congrats Cedric, As you know this will be my next purchase and looking forwards to buying one myself.

Look forwards to seeing the tonsils on those squirrels now full frame..:D

PS: Really pleased for you mate..;)

Hmmm I see I've picked up a new user title. I wonder who's responsible for that ?:cautious:

"BOD!!!!!"
:LOL:

Piece of cake GiN (< :LOL: !)

Take the lens out ... replace with half a brick and leave Jan to wrap it ... might need some fast hand work when you unwrap it but hey ... will be worth it to practice in the mean time ...HeHe ... Hey Presto ... she'll never know ...:eek:

And Ian ... lovely pics of one of my favourite raptors ...(y)

:p

That makes my 300f2.8IS look like a toy...

It will also be my next photography purchase and im thinking i might just get mine ordered sooner than I was planning, ive decided not to get the 8-core Macpro when its released as there seem to be CPU bandwidth issues.

That makes my 300f2.8IS look like a toy...

Well hardly - its horses for courses., that's some toy! ;)

Really long fast lenses just open up a whole new world for birds and wildlife. Unfortunately, they don't come cheap. :puke:

for the money that lens cost, you could have bought the birds and glued them to a near by branch :eek:

hmm... Going to have to watch this item, the seller is only 15miles from me. I was planning on buying myself a Breitling Aerospace and an 8-core Macpro for Xmas, but i think id prefer instead of both of them...

<---- Butterfingers... LOL. ****whistles*** what edit..

hmm... Going to have to watch this item, the seller is only 15miles from me. I was planning on buying myself a Breitling Aerospace and an 8-core Macpro for Xmas, but i think id prefer instead of both of them...

<---- Buttfingers... LOL.

Wooohooo. Good luck! I wonder why he's selling it? I'd be a bit wary of why he isnt posting pics of the actual lens, but it could be a real bargain.

Back