Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

I've preordered my OMD body (black) today, plus registered for the free grip. Ordered on Amazon, delivery estimate was 1-3 months :(
I know this is nearly 10 years old.. but I've just recently got this OMD from a member off here.. and love it! It's sooo good! Think the battery is goosed as only lasts about half an hour, unless I'm doing something wrong.. but daymn it's a nice little thing!

I know this is nearly 10 years old.. but I've just recently got this OMD from a member off here.. and love it! It's sooo good! Think the battery is goosed as only lasts about half an hour, unless I'm doing something wrong.. but daymn it's a nice little thing!
X.pro batteries work as well as the Olympus ones , I get several hundred shots per session with 30% life left

Thanks I’ll grab them! Guys I’ve been going a little crazy, I cannot get live view to work on the rear lcd. Screen always stays black - even though battery is charged etc. evf is fine.. I’ve pressed info millions of times and gone through the settings.. but no joy! Any wise geeks?

Attachments

• 6B802CA7-75AA-4C9E-8A3B-7DA9F07398E1.jpeg
    6B802CA7-75AA-4C9E-8A3B-7DA9F07398E1.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks I’ll grab them! Guys I’ve been going a little crazy, I cannot get live view to work on the rear lcd. Screen always stays black - even though battery is charged etc. evf is fine.. I’ve pressed info millions of times and gone through the settings.. but no joy! Any wise geeks?
Mk1 . Is there a little button beside the dome with a square on it . ? Or in cog wheel menu turn off/on EVF

Last edited:

Looks like you've got the eye sensor disabled or the EVF permanently switched on?

Try pressing the button "3" from this diagram

1626193683922.png

1626193546826.png

I bought a printed user manual from a company something like PDF to print on eBay for my M10ii and it was very useful when I started using the camera.

If that doesn't work I'd use Olympus Workspace to back up your camera settings then go for a Factory reset.

Looks like you've got the eye sensor disabled or the EVF permanently switched on?

Try pressing the button "3" from this diagram

View attachment 324206

View attachment 324205

I bought a printed user manual from a company something like PDF to print on eBay for my M10ii and it was very useful when I started using the camera.

If that doesn't work I'd use Olympus Workspace to back up your camera settings then go for a Factory reset.
Many thanks for that, it was indeed that button! Can’t believe I missed something so obvious, may we chekc out that manual! Thank you!!

Many thanks for that, it was indeed that button! Can’t believe I missed something so obvious, may we chekc out that manual! Thank you!!

My M10ii uses the eye sensor to switch automatically - can be annoying when your finger triggers the sensor and it switches to the EVF.
My guess is your previous owner had set the EVF to be on all the time as they didn't want to use the screen.

Also watch out for the flash not being available because you're using silent shutter (the heart symbol and if you have any PRO lenses, the shots being out of focus because you've accidentally slid the focus clutch into manual when you took it out of your bag ;)

Super set alby , what brand of ext tubes you using as the obviously work o.k .. sick of buying e.bay crap which doesn’t do the job

Nice trev

.... I learnt some time ago that when you want the significantly valuable advantage of having two camera bodies, it is important that the two bodies are identical. It is almost counter productive for them not to be, in my opinion.

While I get what are saying Robin I really want the flexibility of both cameras but I think it is time get another E-M1ii

They do that to get rid of mites apparently , seen sparrows doing it in my garden

Nice butterfly’s alby

Last edited:
And for those into macro: Apparently a bargain at £199.

View: https://youtu.be/7V5x4CJiIx8

Last edited:
Back