Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

nice set Trevor

Guy's i am thinking of buying a micro 4/3rds set up having been with Fuji for years and i am deciding between the em5 mk2 and em1 mk2. I know they have different sensors but can you notice much difference in real world shooting. I normally shoot kids/pets so no landscape type stuff. Mainly on location or in studio. I had in my head a em1 mk2 plus 12-40 2.8 and 75mm 1.8. I am now wondering whether the extra 300 quid would be better spent on another lens and i should buy the em5 mk2 instead.

Help me decide.

Guy's i am thinking of buying a micro 4/3rds set up having been with Fuji for years and i am deciding between the em5 mk2 and em1 mk2. I know they have different sensors but can you notice much difference in real world shooting. I normally shoot kids/pets so no landscape type stuff. Mainly on location or in studio. I had in my head a em1 mk2 plus 12-40 2.8 and 75mm 1.8. I am now wondering whether the extra 300 quid would be better spent on another lens and i should buy the em5 mk2 instead.

Help me decide.
the em1.mkii olympus have some super offers on these at the moment to

been having a trial day with topaz sharpen Ai today . to say im well impressed is putting it mildly , heres a couple that before today would have been unusable images ,missed focus and heat haze .excuse the watermarks its a trial version proof of the pudding .jpgmasked image 2 .jpgincoming .jpg

Last edited:
the em1.mkii olympus have some super offers on these at the moment to
It's probably going to be second hand but where are the deals? I was all set to get a Fuji set up again as i had sold all my gear over a year ago but thought I'd get more for my money with Olympus and although i have never tried the 12-40 i used to own the 75mm and absolutely loved it.

It's probably going to be second hand but where are the deals? I was all set to get a Fuji set up again as i had sold all my gear over a year ago but thought I'd get more for my money with Olympus and although i have never tried the 12-40 i used to own the 75mm and absolutely loved it.

E-M1 ii and 12-100 is all you need.
About six stops of combined stabilisation and lens is great throughout it's focal range.

Help me decide.
The EM1 mk2 will be much better for moving subjects like children and pets. The continuous autofocus is far superior.

Their prices are creeping up as it was £619 a few weeks ago and £599 earlier in the year. Maybe Brexit / duty related as it can’t be currency..

( not that I’m looking of course :exit:)

Think the deals were from Olympus u.k , might have finished now camera and pro lens + macro lens for £1100

The recent offer was for the E-M1ii with 12-40 PRO and 30mm Macro for £1100.

The offer is gone and the E-M1ii is out of stock at the official Olympus store.

There are cashback offers on some cameras and some lenses for a couple of weeks yet.

For my money the f2.8 12-40 PRO is an amazing lens and I would get another in a heartbeat if I needed to.

Olympus seem to be competing with themselves with the 12-45mm F4 PRO lens. It's also well reviewed.
Never used the 12-100mm.

The recent offer was for the E-M1ii with 12-40 PRO and 30mm Macro for £1100.

The offer is gone and the E-M1ii is out of stock at the official Olympus store.

There are cashback offers on some cameras and some lenses for a couple of weeks yet.

For my money the f2.8 12-40 PRO is an amazing lens and I would get another in a heartbeat if I needed to.

Olympus seem to be competing with themselves with the 12-45mm F4 PRO lens. It's also well reviewed.
Never used the 12-100mm.
Thanks mate. As i said i am a bit out of date having not owned any micro 4/3rds gear for around 5 years. I am reading reviews now. Seems like i missed a cracking deal.

another shot that was previously unusable ,done with sharpen Ai
fulmar flight by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

and the unedited original version to soft to usefulmar origonal .jpg

Last edited:
Will try a trial now,, I have Denoise already, Thanks.
They have started putting watermarks on trial versions den

Last edited:
I was going to sell my Olympus 60mm Macro lens but in frustration with my Olympus TG-6 when in difficult positions and without an eye-level viewfinder, I gave it a go after months of not using it and, awkward to focus as I still find it, I am happy with this result. Handheld Focus Bracketed RAW files and merged in Affinity Photo in post.

The 60mm lens reach is fine for sleepy minibeasts like this one but not for more alert ones. I'm hoping that Olympus will bring out a rumoured(?) longer reach and consequently more 'spook-proof' macro lens because I now like Focus Bracketing and cannot do it on my Canon 100mm + Kenko 1.4x + Metabones Adapter + M1X macro combo giving 280mm equivalent versus the Oly 120mm equivalent.

ELEPHANT HAWKMOTH by Robin Procter, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back