Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Another dog with the 45mm f1.8 - this time mine, Barney :)

52016082049_e07cffef77_k.jpg

Last edited:
No, online at Wex
Ahh, I ordered mine from LCE in Chichester. They have no idea when they are arriving or how many, they got a meassage from olympus saying there is a component shortage. Hopefully won't be too much longer fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Saw my little friend Jenny Wren on my walk today. As you can see she was in deep undergrowth.

Are any of the suppliers getting the new OM 1 body quicker than others? I also note that Park cameras advertise a 2 year guarantee but Wex don't. Is 2 years standard?

Are any of the suppliers getting the new OM 1 body quicker than others? I also note that Park cameras advertise a 2 year guarantee but Wex don't. Is 2 years standard?
I think your guarantee used to be extended if you registered your new purchase with Olympus - which I always did. It's a handy way to check how old your equipment is too. I'm not sure what will happen now.

I'm still waiting for my OM1 to come through at Wex from my pre-order. I'm not sure if anyone has received one since that first batch - would be good to know.

That's a very nice shot Jeff, with a creamy (dare I say almost FF like) bokeh on the background

Ok Guys- sorry to have wandered into your forum, me being a devote Sony user and all :)

I'm seriously thinking of moving over to Olympus 4/3rds as carrying around a heavy lens gets a little tedious at times as I walk miles and miles over the Somerset Levels most days

I'm think about the new Olympus OM-1 @ £1995 and the 100-400mm - my questions are :

1. Would I need a teleconverter on this lens? If so which one

2. what other lenses I should consider? - I shoot mostly wildlife and sometimes Insects, so a decent close focus macro lens in on the cards too

3. Is there a better Olympus body on the market that would suit my wildlife passion

4. Suggest a decent walk about lens

My budget is around the £4,000 mark

I obviously know very little about Olympus kit :(

Thanks is advance

Les :)

1. The 100-400mm is equivalent to 200-800mm on full-frame. Do you think you need a TC? If you do, the only choices are Olympus' own 1.4x and 2x.
2. 60mm macro
3. No, the OM-1 is a notable advance over the E-M1 III which was the best Olympus body till then.
4. 12-100mm f4 or 12-45mm f4.

Ok Guys- sorry to have wandered into your forum, me being a devote Sony user and all :)

I'm seriously thinking of moving over to Olympus 4/3rds as carrying around a heavy lens gets a little tedious at times as I walk miles and miles over the Somerset Levels most days

I'm think about the new Olympus OM-1 @ £1995 and the 100-400mm - my questions are :

1. Would I need a teleconverter on this lens? If so which one

2. what other lenses I should consider? - I shoot mostly wildlife and sometimes Insects, so a decent close focus macro lens in on the cards too

3. Is there a better Olympus body on the market that would suit my wildlife passion

4. Suggest a decent walk about lens

My budget is around the £4,000 mark

I obviously know very little about Olympus kit :(

Thanks is advance

Les :)
as above answers .
1. the 1.4 tc gives extra reach BUT at f9 saying that the combo is capable of b.i.f ... all up weight of combo 2.kg no need for covers, bags ,tripods etc due to weather selling and i.b.i.s .
2. no real need for a macro lens as the 100-400 focuses really close (see my insect shots les)
3. the om1 body is in very short supply and a lot of experienced users are having problems with them ,check out the u.k olympus forum .personally I would recommenced the tried and tested 1-mkiii body . available now a lot cheaper just over £1000 new .
4. quiet a variety of walkabout lenses available from small cheap f1.8 primes to larger primes all fairly cheap and lightweight and pocketable just remember the 2x crop so a 12-40 = 24-80

best advise is to go to a local camera shop and handle one first I did and was hooked

and as a example bee on forget me not .. 1-mkiii, 100-400 . handheld , no extra lighting
buzzing by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Last edited:
a mega rarity and a lifer for me today ,a broad billed sandpiper alert came up while we were in the area . got it this is a large crop so i.q is a bit down and the bird is absolutely tiny smaller I think than a starling and incredibly hard to spot without birders with scopes pointing it out
broad billed sandpiper by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Thought it was small just checked body length 16cm

I have asked Wex, Park Cameras, LCE and i think SRS. Asking if I preordered now when do they think it would be possible to receive an OM-1.
The answers have ranged from 2-4 months but all have said in reality they don't know. A few said they are still to fulfil the original preorder queue.

I have asked Wex, Park Cameras, LCE and i think SRS. Asking if I preordered now when do they think it would be possible to receive an OM-1.
The answers have ranged from 2-4 months but all have said in reality they don't know. A few said they are still to fulfil the original preorder queue.
Just had a message from LCE yesterday, they're only getting 20 units for May, I am 35th in the pre-orders list left waiting. They said it will be June before they get their next orders so I could be waiting until July. the whole thing is crazy so I got my pre-order money returned and bought a mk3 for the time being. I will look again later in the year if any become available. Om system certainly know how to take the shine off buying a new camera.

To be fair, OM System have reported they're suffering from component shortages which are restricting production. Just be thankful you're not after a new car as you could be looking at a nine month wait....

Last edited:
Back